Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Co's [Re: squib] #14623952 02/08/23 03:57 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by squib
It won't be long until some co-angler packs a portable FFS unit and a deployable transducer and drops it off the edge of the boat in the back. Lithium batteries could make the whole set-up fit in a medium-sized tacklebox. Hide and watch if you think I'm crazy.

It wont be long. If i was putting up the funds to fish the opens as a co i would have a small set up to use. The only part that would be tricky would be mounting it but you could possibly make something that would slide over the edge of a jackplate

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Co's [Re: Used2fish] #14623954 02/08/23 03:58 PM
J
Jaredk Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by Used2fish
Originally Posted by E8C-ENG

I really don’t understand why somebody would even want to be a nonboater

That could have just as easily have said, “I guess I’m ignorant”

There are a lot of reasons people are co anglers, young anglers without boats, older guys that just like to go fishing but don’t wanna prefish or not interested in becoming a pro. a lot of reasons, and some really good fisherman do it. So you can either be ignorant or you can think a little bit harder than your shallow mind wants to think.

…and then we will complain about how the boat owner is not catering to me and fishing the way I want to fish.

If you don’t have a boat, don’t complain about riding in another dude’s boat…plain and simple.

So you’re an old man who owns a boat, does not want to go pro…but fishes tournaments. You LOVE fishing but do not want to prefish (my shallow mind finds this to be a bit contradictory) You do not wan to put in the work and hope some other dude caters to you. Sound pretty lazy.

Shallow mind? Come be my “co” and we can talk about it…

Last edited by E8C-ENG; 02/08/23 04:06 PM.
Re: Co's [Re: the skipper] #14623957 02/08/23 04:01 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by the skipper
Originally Posted by squib
It won't be long until some co-angler packs a portable FFS unit and a deployable transducer and drops it off the edge of the boat in the back. Lithium batteries could make the whole set-up fit in a medium-sized tacklebox. Hide and watch if you think I'm crazy.

It wont be long. If i was putting up the funds to fish the opens as a co i would have a small set up to use. The only part that would be tricky would be mounting it but you could possibly make something that would slide over the edge of a jackplate

I doubt seriously a boater is gonna let you go clamping anything to the boat. Especially some mess that might take time to unhook when he gets ready to run. There is an easy solution for the co... take your boat and enter as a boater

Re: Co's [Re: Douglas J] #14623962 02/08/23 04:05 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Can you imagine the look on a boater face when some co shows up with a suitcase of tackle, 47 rods, another suitcase of garmin, then starts clamping a mess all over boat lol. Then doesn't throw any gas money on pot roflmao

Edit.. I left off the yeti with all their sandwiches

Last edited by WAWI; 02/08/23 04:11 PM.
Re: Co's [Re: Douglas J] #14623976 02/08/23 04:13 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
The purpose of being a co-angler is to learn in my opinion. If you go into the co-angler world with any other mindset, you are going to be disappointed. The ironic thing is that the guys that go into it with the idea of winning being judged by how much you learn as opposed to how much you catch, are usually the guys that actually win money. As has been well discussed here, people pay big money to watch someone else catch fish on FFS. Getting to do it for the price of a co-angler entry fee is a deal by todays rates.

Re: Co's [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #14623981 02/08/23 04:21 PM
R
RKT Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
The purpose of being a co-angler is to learn in my opinion. If you go into the co-angler world with any other mindset, you are going to be disappointed. The ironic thing is that the guys that go into it with the idea of winning being judged by how much you learn as opposed to how much you catch, are usually the guys that actually win money. As has been well discussed here, people pay big money to watch someone else catch fish on FFS. Getting to do it for the price of a co-angler entry fee is a deal by todays rates.

I don't know how much a co will learn while standing on the back deck of a boat while the pro fishes using FFS after the first or second time doing it. Most likely the back graphs will be turned off and the co cannot see the front graph to see what the pro is looking at.

I can see this causing some of the normal co's to quit. If these circuits do not have the co's they will have to come up with a new mode of operation. Will they have to rely solely on polygraphs to keep the cheaters out?

Re: Co's [Re: Douglas J] #14623989 02/08/23 04:30 PM
H
Houston Basscat Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
H
Judging from the responses from all the TFF “Boaters” I would say,Yes.
Yes, FFS will be the death of the Co-angler. Maybe that platform has been outdated by technology.

Re: Co's [Re: Jaredk] #14624006 02/08/23 04:46 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U

There are a lot of reasons people are co anglers, young anglers without boats, older guys that just like to go fishing but don’t wanna prefish or not interested in becoming a pro. a lot of reasons, and some really good fisherman do it. So you can either be ignorant or you can think a little bit harder than your shallow mind wants to think.

…and then we will complain about how the boat owner is not catering to me and fishing the way I want to fish.

If you don’t have a boat, don’t complain about riding in another dude’s boat…plain and simple.

So you’re an old man who owns a boat, does not want to go pro…but fishes tournaments. You LOVE fishing but do not want to prefish (my shallow mind finds this to be a bit contradictory) You do not wan to put in the work and hope some other dude caters to you. Sound pretty lazy.

I’ believe everything in this topic is a hypothetical complaint so it’s people complaining about the possibility that someone might complain and you’re leading the pack think about that for a second.

I missed that last line of Internet tough guy, but I bet you’re a big dude. Rougher and tougher than all the rest, tougher than all the rest!

Last edited by Used2fish; 02/08/23 04:49 PM.
Re: Co's [Re: Used2fish] #14624021 02/08/23 05:01 PM
J
Jaredk Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J

I’ believe everything in this topic is a hypothetical complaint so it’s people complaining about the possibility that someone might complain and you’re leading the pack think about that for a second.

I missed that last line of Internet tough guy, but I bet you’re a big dude. Rougher and tougher than all the rest, tougher than all the rest!

I’m sure you go running your mouth and calling folks “shallow-minded”
In real life right? Or do you just feel safer doing it online only?

Hypothetical? You “believe” wrong. I replied to a guy (that wasn’t you) about what he said was a real-life scenario.

I stand by offer. I’ll be fishing Matagorda Bay and T Bend next month…you’re more than welcome to my backseat

Last edited by E8C-ENG; 02/08/23 05:05 PM.
Re: Co's [Re: Douglas J] #14624032 02/08/23 05:12 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U

No, pretty much always say how the cow ate the cabbage some people are a little sensitive. I clearly came across one. I do forget sometimes that there are young ladies on the forum now.

Re: Co's [Re: Used2fish] #14624035 02/08/23 05:15 PM
J
Jaredk Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J

No, pretty much always say how the cow ate the cabbage some people are a little sensitive. I clearly came across one. I do forget sometimes that there are young ladies on the forum now.

How ironic that you are calling me sensitive and continuing to run your mouth. Let’s not forget that you are the one that got butthurt and replied to me.

I clearly hurt your feelings when I asked why anybody would want to be a backseater.

Last edited by E8C-ENG; 02/08/23 05:17 PM.
Re: Co's [Re: Douglas J] #14624039 02/08/23 05:20 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
I’ve had back Cos that were old man that we’re just fishing as their sons gauranteed co, their son could fish the tournament I just think it’s foolish to try to put everybody into a box that you believe exist. well that’s actually not the case I’m trying to help you get smarter, you should thank me.

Re: Co's [Re: Used2fish] #14624044 02/08/23 05:23 PM
J
Jaredk Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
I’ve had back Cos that were old man that we’re just fishing as their sons gauranteed co, their son could fish the tournament I just think it’s foolish to try to put everybody into a box that you believe exist. well that’s actually not the case I’m trying to help you get smarter, you should thank me.

Thank you so much. That’s why I invited you to be my co.

Re: Co's [Re: Douglas J] #14624047 02/08/23 05:27 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
If only you lived closer to my country.

I grew up fishing on TB. Remember catching my first 5lb bass there. Lots of memories.

A simple thank you will have to do.

Re: Co's [Re: Douglas J] #14624050 02/08/23 05:29 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Is this an internet chest bumping contest lol

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index