Forums59
Topics1,039,368
Posts13,963,451
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Boat house fire at Eisenhower on Texoma [Re: IRBF2] #14576048 12/26/22 03:49 PM
diggerwolf Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
I was there yesterday. They got it cleaned up quickly. I almost didn't notice as I drove by.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" ― Hunter S. Thompson
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Boat house fire at Eisenhower on Texoma [Re: Clark Reehm] #14576111 12/26/22 04:54 PM
D
David Burton Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by Clark Reehm
Originally Posted by David Burton
They were all different times of year. The Highport incident was maintenance and spider-related. The Mill Creek was some kind of other accident with explosion and injuries.

Spider Related? Someone trying to exterminate one and got a little ambitious?

The story I heard was that when the first boat caught it spread to the others via the spider netting at the top of the boat house (dripping down flames).

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Boat house fire at Eisenhower on Texoma [Re: David Burton] #14576127 12/26/22 05:02 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
They were all different times of year. The Highport incident was maintenance and spider-related. The Mill Creek was some kind of other accident with explosion and injuries.

The story I heard was that when the first boat caught it spread to the others via the spider netting at the top of the boat house (dripping down flames).

I would think that the webs would have to be extremely thick and plentiful for that to happen. Not sure how big a fuel source just a spattering of webs would be.

A fully involved boat puts off a ton of heat so It doesn't take a lot for fire spread to nearby boats when dealing with fiberglass.

We fought a good sized fire at a marina on Eagle Mountain back in the 2021 Icemageddon storm. It sucked.

Re: Boat house fire at Eisenhower on Texoma [Re: Mark Perry] #14576176 12/26/22 05:55 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

I would think that the webs would have to be extremely thick and plentiful for that to happen. Not sure how big a fuel source just a spattering of webs would be.

A fully involved boat puts off a ton of heat so It doesn't take a lot for fire spread to nearby boats when dealing with fiberglass.

We fought a good sized fire at a marina on Eagle Mountain back in the 2021 Icemageddon storm. It sucked.

A lot of folks suspend a tarp like cover up above their boats to keep birds and whatnot from dropping onto the boat, I think that is what the above poster was referring to, i have one suspended over our boat at Little mineral, it is a mesh type tarp.

[Linked Image]
Re: Boat house fire at Eisenhower on Texoma [Re: Mark Perry] #14576183 12/26/22 06:02 PM
D
David Burton Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Not webs, the spider netting... But I agree it is easy to light one boat from the other with the amount of fuel involved...

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide