J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by slim 285
Originally Posted by beartrap
Originally Posted by emorydog
I find it fascinating that it looks at a quick glance like there are more bassmaster classic winners fishing the 2nd tier MLF Invitationals than there are classic winners fishing in current elites lineup, and likely the Opens and Elites combined if those trails ever fill up and rosters are released.

The snake oil they were sold during the split has really paid off for very few .

can you elaborate on the snake oil they were sold on?...they are entering their 4rd year as #1 rated outdoor show with 6 hours of TV exposure every week....92% of the original 80 top fishermen are still with them and they have 59 corporate sponsors...

Just going by all that are walking away from and dissatisfied

Don't explain your position to beartrap. He is the biggest mlf brown noser on this website. Anytime someone says anything negative towards the all powerful mlf, he comes in all karen-like.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: 2023 MLF Invitationals roster [Re: beartrap] #14553050 12/02/22 04:07 PM
Mark Perry Online Content OP
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
I find it fascinating that it looks at a quick glance like there are more bassmaster classic winners fishing the 2nd tier MLF Invitationals than there are classic winners fishing in current elites lineup, and likely the Opens and Elites combined if those trails ever fill up and rosters are released.

The snake oil they were sold during the split has really paid off for very few .

can you elaborate on the snake oil they were sold on?...they are entering their 4rd year as #1 rated outdoor show with 6 hours of TV exposure every week....92% of the original 80 top fishermen are still with them and they have 59 corporate sponsors...

You should watch this. A current BPT angler and one of the guys on the angler panel speaks pretty openly about the new changes, current state of the BPT and future plans. Surely he would be a credible source seeing as he is one of the guys helpingmake decisions for the BPT anglers. You might be interested to hear that BPT thinks TV is a dying format.

https://www.google.com/search?q=luk...amp;sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#

Re: 2023 MLF Invitationals roster [Re: beartrap] #14553063 12/02/22 04:19 PM
Chris B Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Then why did half their anglers threaten to leave a couple months ago? BPT is still yet to make a profit. And if their owner didn’t own 3 outdoor channels that they are on they would probably be gone.

[Linked Image]
Re: 2023 MLF Invitationals roster [Re: Mark Perry] #14553196 12/02/22 06:55 PM
slim 285 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
I think Beartrap might actually be Boyd

Last edited by slim 285; 12/02/22 06:56 PM.
Re: 2023 MLF Invitationals roster [Re: slim 285] #14553215 12/02/22 07:19 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: 2023 MLF Invitationals roster [Re: Mark Perry] #14553226 12/02/22 07:32 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

You should watch this. A current BPT angler and one of the guys on the angler panel speaks pretty openly about the new changes, current state of the BPT and future plans. Surely he would be a credible source seeing as he is one of the guys helpingmake decisions for the BPT anglers. You might be interested to hear that BPT thinks TV is a dying format.

https://www.google.com/search?q=luk...amp;sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#

Not to mention its pretty easy to get tv hours when you own the product and the stations.

Re: 2023 MLF Invitationals roster [Re: Mark Perry] #14553255 12/02/22 07:57 PM
S
SC-001 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
I would have thought Derek Remitz would have jumped in, I think he finished one spot out of qualifying in Toyota series Guntersville division but apparently they worked down the list to fill the field and he should have got in no problem, guess he said thanks but no thanks.

Re: 2023 MLF Invitationals roster [Re: Mark Perry] #14553259 12/02/22 08:01 PM
S
SC-001 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
And which John Cox is fishing these?

Re: 2023 MLF Invitationals roster [Re: slim 285] #14553277 12/02/22 08:19 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B

not even close,net worth or business acumen.....but I did make the prediction three years ago that several years from now, Boyd Duckett is going to be regarded as a man who had the courage and business sense to break away from BASS, grow the sport of professional bass fishing and provide opportunities for young fishermen far beyond what it was at the time... and that part is already true....look no further than the huge increase inTV and social media exposure plus venue,TV and sponsor income is now going to the fishermen as opposed to 2-3 owners of the tournament trail...,,

Re: 2023 MLF Invitationals roster [Re: slim 285] #14553297 12/02/22 08:35 PM
O
OkAce Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
O

Just going by all that are walking away from and dissatisfied

Why'd they walk away from BASS?

Re: 2023 MLF Invitationals roster [Re: beartrap] #14553315 12/02/22 08:55 PM
Mark Perry Online Content OP
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak

not even close,net worth or business acumen.....but I did make the prediction three years ago that several years from now, Boyd Duckett is going to be regarded as a man who had the courage and business sense to break away from BASS, grow the sport of professional bass fishing and provide opportunities for young fishermen far beyond what it was at the time... and that part is already true....look no further than the huge increase inTV and social media exposure plus venue,TV and sponsor income is now going to the fishermen as opposed to 2-3 owners of the tournament trail...,,

Watch the Spohrer interview. It will clarify some things.

Re: 2023 MLF Invitationals roster [Re: Mark Perry] #14553317 12/02/22 08:56 PM
P
Pellco Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
After a quick sort of names, there are 81 anglers who fished 2022 Pro Circuit but are NOT on the 2023 Invitational roster. Can only assume a big majority are going to the Opens.

Aaron Britt
Barron Adams
Bill McDonald
Billy Hines
Blake Felix
Blake Smith
Bobby Lane
Brad Knight
Brandon McMillan
Brandon Mosley
Casey Scanlon
Chad Grigsby
Chad Warren
Charlie Ingram
Chase Serafin
Clabion Johns
Clark Reehm
Cole Floyd
Corey Neece
Darrel Robertson
Darrell Davis
Dave Parsons
Derrick Snavely
Dicky Newberry
Dylan Hays
Eric Olliverson
Evan Barnes
Gary Yamamoto
Grant Galloway
Greg Bohannan
Jacob Wall
James Niggemeyer
Jamie Horton
Jason Abram
Jason Blair
Jason Lieblong
Jason Meninger
Jason Reyes
Jeff Bridges
Jeff McLain
Jim Neece
Jim Tutt
Jimmy Washam
Joey Cifuentes
John Hunter
Jon Canada
Jordan Osborne
Josh Bragg
Justin Lucas
Kerry Milner
Kurt Mitchell
Kyle Gelles
Lance Oligschlaeger
Laramy Strickland
Larry Nixon
Lendell Martin
Mark Rose
Michael Matthee
Mike Surman
Miles Burghoff
Mitch Crane
Mitchell Webb
Nick Gainey
Randall Tharp
Ricardo Gonzãlez
River Lee
Rusty Trancygier
Scott Dobson
Scott Towry
Shane Lineberger
Shonn Goodwin
Skeet Reese
Spencer Shuffield
Stephen Albertson
Steve York
Stuart Arthur
Takayuki Koike
Tim Frederick
Trevor Fitzgerald
Tyler Woolcott
Wesley Strader

Re: 2023 MLF Invitationals roster [Re: Mark Perry] #14553319 12/02/22 08:57 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Watch the Spohrer interview. It will clarify some things.

Here you go. All of the hard work done. Just hit play.

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: 2023 MLF Invitationals roster [Re: SC-001] #14553320 12/02/22 08:58 PM
P
Pellco Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Originally Posted by SC-001
And which John Cox is fishing these?

Elite Series John Cox

Re: 2023 MLF Invitationals roster [Re: Mark Perry] #14553326 12/02/22 09:06 PM
206champion Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Half of the listed names I have never heard of but I dont keep up with MLF to much because I dont like watching there shows months after they have happened . But before everyone that's says I'm bashing them I'm not , I just like the live shoes best and when they have live I watch them.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide