Forums59
Topics1,039,328
Posts13,962,921
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: MLF Championship Round Only. [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #14496789 10/05/22 06:36 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Never happen. The electronics companies are some of the biggest sponsors out there. Bass fishing needs more diversity of techniques and angler fishing styles. Not less. I say let them have whatever graphs they want, and let them fish out of whatever boats they want. Just make them stick with the same equipment all year. Don't see why it needs to be more complicated than that.

I don’t see why they should stick to the same equipment all year, they need to be able to adjust their equipment for every tournament. Right tool for the right circumstance, it’s not like they all don’t have access to different boats anyways. If they all want to be river rats, let them fight up in those tight spots with each other.

Fine by me and I agree. Thing is they already regulate the boats. I guess my point is the electronics debate is really no different than the boat debate. People throw out "Safety" as the reason to restrict boats, but we all know that's BS. We are talking about a perceived advantage in either case. So either regulate both or neither. Personally I think you should be able to have whatever electronics you want and fish out of whatever boat you want. A good tournament should have variety. Personally, I'm fine with someone fishing out of a tunnel hull skiff with a jet motor. I'm also fine with someone having 4 million dollars worth of graphs on their boat if they want. I couldn't care less. My personal opinion is don't regulate either. With that said we all know more restrictions on boats are coming. Especially from BASS. It's the height of hypocrisy. Seems to me using the same boat and electronics models all yr could be a compromise, but you always have the idiots like Steeze that take it to a place it was never meant to go.

Never happen. The electronics companies are some of the biggest sponsors out there. Bass fishing needs more diversity of techniques and angler fishing styles. Not less. I say let them have whatever graphs they want, and let them fish out of whatever boats they want. Just make them stick with the same equipment all year. Don't see why it needs to be more complicated than that.

I don’t see why they should stick to the same equipment all year, they need to be able to adjust their equipment for every tournament. Right tool for the right circumstance, it’s not like they all don’t have access to different boats anyways. If they all want to be river rats, let them fight up in those tight spots with each other.

Fine by me and I agree. Thing is they already regulate the boats. I guess my point is the electronics debate is really no different than the boat debate. People throw out "Safety" as the reason to restrict boats, but we all know that's BS. We are talking about a perceived advantage in either case. So either regulate both or neither. Personally I think you should be able to have whatever electronics you want and fish out of whatever boat you want. A good tournament should have variety. Personally, I'm fine with someone fishing out of a tunnel hull skiff with a jet motor. I'm also fine with someone having 4 million dollars worth of graphs on their boat if they want. I couldn't care less. My personal opinion is don't regulate either. With that said we all know more restrictions on boats are coming. Especially from BASS. It's the height of hypocrisy. Seems to me using the same boat and electronics models all yr could be a compromise, but you always have the idiots like Steeze that take it to a place it was never meant to go.

Idiots like me know that the real reason they “regulate boats” is the fact that they must carry passengers. I’ve never heard of a $10,000 graph endangering the life of a Marshall due to inability of its user.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF Championship Round Only. [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14496903 10/05/22 08:39 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Idiots like me know that the real reason they “regulate boats” is the fact that they must carry passengers. I’ve never heard of a $10,000 graph endangering the life of a Marshall due to inability of its user.

Bull. The "inability of the user" as you put it, is a safety issue no matter the boat size. A quality 16-18ft boat is not a safety issue if someone with a brain is driving it. Most of us know the REAL reason they regulate boat size. Phoenix, Skeeter, etc, etc would much rather sell bass fishermen a 20-21ft boat for $90,000+ than a bare bones 18ft boat for less than half of that. The real tragedy would be if someone started winning out of a $20,000 aluminum boat. Holy cow that would be terrible. Not only would that take money away from the big fiberglass boat companies. It would take wins away from the anglers they sponsor. It's about $$$money$$, not safety.

Re: MLF Championship Round Only. [Re: Mark Perry] #14496935 10/05/22 09:23 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I am not a big fan of "leveling" the playing field. I don't like to see baits, equipment or certain boats not being allowed.

I feel like the same guys that were winning without FFS etc are the same guys winning with it. There are guys out there that prove even on the pro level that you can excel by doing your own thing.

They've been doing this for several years in public schools...... isn't working well there either.

Re: MLF Championship Round Only. [Re: jbassman] #14496975 10/05/22 10:03 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
So many so mad watching the guys that have mastered FFS leave everyone in the dust want FFS to not be allowed LOL

Re: MLF Championship Round Only. [Re: jbassman] #14497018 10/05/22 10:45 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Firmative fishing action ?

#MFGA
Re: MLF Championship Round Only. [Re: jbassman] #14497082 10/06/22 12:03 AM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
It already a bank running dink fest. For the most part I don’t think no electronics would change much. Most just need a spinning rod and some trick worms.

Re: MLF Championship Round Only. [Re: jbassman] #14497104 10/06/22 12:32 AM
572Fitter Offline
Angler
Angler
Who cares it’s a dying profession.Im not hating on any circuit or any angler,but it’s pretty pathetic to see some young guy get 5 million views for crashing trucks(whistling diesel) compared to the #1 angler Wheeler and his 5 thousand views.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide