Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Trey Swindle DQ [Re: b00stin4] #14477509 09/14/22 07:42 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
maybe it was another tournament, would have sworn they all wanted liability.

I wouldn't fish without it these days anyway.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Trey Swindle DQ [Re: b00stin4] #14477510 09/14/22 07:43 PM
rickys Offline
Angler
Angler
From what I have heard Trey thought he had $300k. That's what he asked for when he purchased the policy. Pretty sure his agent made a mistake and he didn't read the details of his policy. I'm also guilty of that a lot. I just tell them what I want, pay, and move on. Just need to be more observant these days. He definitely learned a tough lesson. I feel terrible for the young guy.

Last edited by rickys; 09/14/22 07:43 PM.
Re: Trey Swindle DQ [Re: b00stin4] #14477622 09/14/22 09:49 PM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
He probably didn't know he was short on insurance until they checked him the way it sounds. Honest mistake but a costly one. I've got my policy through Travelers and I can look at my coverage anytime I want on their app. Every bass boat I've ever owned has been insured at tournament requirements. If you run the hours a pro tournament fisherman does it's not if but when something is going to happen. Never fished above club level until the past two years and fished as a non boater/amatuer. The guys I've riden with made me wonder if I was going to get back to the weigh in alive or in a body bag. I can understand strict enforcement just from that view point.

Last edited by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50); 09/14/22 09:50 PM.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: Trey Swindle DQ [Re: b00stin4] #14477745 09/14/22 10:59 PM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Just saw an article where Bassmaster crapped the bed in at the recent Open with the minimum insurance requirement. Apparently nobody checks this requirement except 2 daily out of over 150 anglers, and apparently has done this weak check of compliance at each tournament like that for who knows how long. That is what happens when you try to make fishing into more than what it is. Anglers have been fishing The Opens for years and should have known, and Bassmaster should have made sure their rules weren't being violated regardless of the state they were going to. This is what happens when you get a bunch of yutubers checking in anglers at registration, and nobody checking to see if they are doing the job right. Used to have to provide fishing license and insurance AT THE REGISTRATION TABLE AT EVERY EVENT prior to onsite registration to avoid such an important rule violation. Some doofus likely decided that they could save $50 and not pay someone to check the insurance requirement the day prior to competition. Bozo factor of 10...they been on a downhill slide for a while. They have someone else in the boat with them and crazy not to prove coverage on every boat every tournament. I think this just further solidifies the mess that is BASS

weber
Re: Trey Swindle DQ [Re: hopalong] #14477747 09/14/22 11:00 PM
texasfisherman1 Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by hopalong
Originally Posted by texasfisherman1
It's not that hard to read the rules.

I carry them in the boat every time, you?

For any bigger tournaments, I have them on my phone.

Re: Trey Swindle DQ [Re: texasfisherman1] #14477835 09/15/22 12:10 AM
N
n_fish Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
N
If you finish in the top 5 at any given HS derby, a boat check is required. Your proof of insurance will be checked and it must read 300K on the policy copy or whatever your providing as proof. Failure to do so means a DQ.

Re: Trey Swindle DQ [Re: b00stin4] #14478220 09/15/22 12:41 PM
G
GMTK Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Does Trey now get DQd from all the other opens he fished?

Re: Trey Swindle DQ [Re: GMTK] #14478241 09/15/22 01:08 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by GMTK

No, why would he?

Re: Trey Swindle DQ [Re: Dubee] #14478290 09/15/22 01:59 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted by Dubee

No, why would he?

Argument could be made that if he wasn't insurance compliant at this event them he was/could have not been in compliance at previous events - which would have made him ineligible to fish or guilty of rule violation.
I'm sure nothing will become of this due to the can of worms it would open.
I also don't think this was by design, it was simply a mistake that he didn't catch.

Re: Trey Swindle DQ [Re: barryfish] #14478395 09/15/22 03:22 PM
D
DillonCan'tFish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted by barryfish
Makes you wonder if someone overheard him talking about not having that coverage and they then snitched on him

According to Gerald Swindle, at the Opens tournaments, rather than checking all participant's coverage amounts before the tournament, they only check the first few boats in the launch order each day. I am guessing he did not launch near the front the first two days, but when he launched on day 3, he happened to be at the front of the line and got checked.

Hard lesson to learn since he was doing so well, but I am glad this wasn't another DQ story about someone trying to intentionally gain an unfair advantage. Just a stupid mistake that I bet he won't ever make again.

Re: Trey Swindle DQ [Re: emorydog] #14478400 09/15/22 03:25 PM
GeoFisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by emorydog
Just saw an article where Bassmaster crapped the bed in at the recent Open with the minimum insurance requirement. Apparently nobody checks this requirement except 2 daily out of over 150 anglers, and apparently has done this weak check of compliance at each tournament like that for who knows how long. That is what happens when you try to make fishing into more than what it is. Anglers have been fishing The Opens for years and should have known, and Bassmaster should have made sure their rules weren't being violated regardless of the state they were going to. This is what happens when you get a bunch of yutubers checking in anglers at registration, and nobody checking to see if they are doing the job right. Used to have to provide fishing license and insurance AT THE REGISTRATION TABLE AT EVERY EVENT prior to onsite registration to avoid such an important rule violation. Some doofus likely decided that they could save $50 and not pay someone to check the insurance requirement the day prior to competition. Bozo factor of 10...they been on a downhill slide for a while. They have someone else in the boat with them and crazy not to prove coverage on every boat every tournament. I think this just further solidifies the mess that is BASS

I don't have a dog in this fight and am no means a BASS apologist, but I don't think BASS was doing anything any different than most tournament organizations here. To check everything that needs to be checked prior to a tournament takes man power. Man power costs money and then ya have another thread with folks griping about tourney payout's. While were at it, do we need to check SS #'s and ID's to make sure they are who they say they are? Are they legal citizens? Passport up to date? What about age restrictions? Do we want to check a birth certificate too? How about criminal records? We don't want a camera man or co angler in the boat with a felon right? I mean, where does it end?

Sort of like polygraphs.....ya cant poly everyone!! So you do the best you can by choosing a few and keeping people as honest as possible, just like they do with insurance. I see your argument, but it lacks feasibility in my opinion.

Everything on your bass boat is broken......You just don't know it yet.
Re: Trey Swindle DQ [Re: GeoFisher] #14478407 09/15/22 03:27 PM
Mark Perry Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Originally Posted by GeoFisher

I don't have a dog in this fight and am no means a BASS apologist, but I don't think BASS was doing anything any different than most tournament organizations here. To check everything that needs to be checked prior to a tournament takes man power. Man power costs money and then ya have another thread with folks griping about tourney payout's. While were at it, do we need to check SS #'s and ID's to make sure they are who they say they are? Are they legal citizens? Passport up to date? What about age restrictions? Do we want to check a birth certificate too? How about criminal records? We don't want a camera man or co angler in the boat with a felon right? I mean, where does it end?

Sort of like polygraphs.....ya cant poly everyone!! So you do the best you can by choosing a few and keeping people as honest as possible, just like they do with insurance. I see your argument, but it lacks feasibility in my opinion.

From the way the BPT/MLF rules read they don't check everyone either. It just has to be in the boat upon request.

Re: Trey Swindle DQ [Re: Mark Perry] #14478418 09/15/22 03:36 PM
GeoFisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by GeoFisher

From the way the BPT/MLF rules read they don't check everyone either. It just has to be in the boat upon request.

As it should be...just as if a traffic cop would do the same at a traffic stop.

Re: Trey Swindle DQ [Re: Txduckhunter] #14478472 09/15/22 04:13 PM
B
BillS2006 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter

No, why would he?

Argument could be made that if he wasn't insurance compliant at this event them he was/could have not been in compliance at previous events - which would have made him ineligible to fish or guilty of rule violation.
I also don't think this was by design, it was simply a mistake that he didn't catch.

That would be like getting a speeding ticket and the cop writing you another ticket because if you were speeding today, you must have been speeding last week.

Transgenders: God made them, the devil changed their minds.
Re: Trey Swindle DQ [Re: BillS2006] #14478477 09/15/22 04:15 PM
GeoFisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by BillS2006
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter

No, why would he?

That would be like getting a speeding ticket and the cop writing you another ticket because if you were speeding today, you must have been speeding last week.

Great Observation

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide