Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Hydrilla control at lake Conroe [Re: Craw worm] #14462832 08/30/22 10:56 AM
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
The question i have is who controls the lake? LCA or is it a COE lake? It doesnt seem like an association should be allowed to pay for chemicals to be put in our waterways. It doesnt seem like there shpuld be ANY chemicals put in our waterways, period. Its way past time for this to stop at all of our lakes

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Hydrilla control at lake Conroe [Re: Craw worm] #14462945 08/30/22 12:50 PM
GeoFisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Consuming the Lake? Ha ha

Everything on your bass boat is broken......You just don't know it yet.
Re: Hydrilla control at lake Conroe [Re: Craw worm] #14463120 08/30/22 03:32 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Your never going to beat money.

Re: Hydrilla control at lake Conroe [Re: the skipper] #14463231 08/30/22 05:37 PM
M
MBoehm1729 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Originally Posted by the skipper
The question i have is who controls the lake? LCA or is it a COE lake? It doesnt seem like an association should be allowed to pay for chemicals to be put in our waterways. It doesnt seem like there shpuld be ANY chemicals put in our waterways, period. Its way past time for this to stop at all of our lakes

San Jacinto River Authority controls the lake but I'm sure LCA has some influence in what occurs. They are going to be right back in the same place if they add more grass carp again. All the vegetation, not just hydrilla, will be gone.

Re: Hydrilla control at lake Conroe [Re: MBoehm1729] #14463250 08/30/22 05:49 PM
Walls Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by MBoehm1729

San Jacinto River Authority controls the lake but I'm sure LCA has some influence in what occurs. They are going to be right back in the same place if they add more grass carp again. All the vegetation, not just hydrilla, will be gone.

"If" has already happened according to one of the articles.

TPWD has already added two 500 grass carp stockings over the last two years with 2000 more scheduled for this Fall.

Re: Hydrilla control at lake Conroe [Re: Craw worm] #14463397 08/30/22 08:01 PM
S
savntay Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
It all sounds the same, " Lake X in Texas is a awesome fishery. TPWD; we have to control the aquatic vegetation for the beautification of the lake. Lets spray lake X and put grass carp in there to control aquatic vegetation. Lake X is beautiful again but the aquatic life in the lake suffers from lack of vegetation.

Last edited by savntay; 08/31/22 04:21 PM.
Re: Hydrilla control at lake Conroe [Re: Craw worm] #14463416 08/30/22 08:22 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
can you mail me 50 pounds?.....I got a, uh, a place...just an old pond really, to safely put it in...

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Hydrilla control at lake Conroe [Re: Walls] #14463470 08/30/22 09:28 PM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted by Walls
Originally Posted by MBoehm1729

"If" has already happened according to one of the articles.

TPWD has already added two 500 grass carp stockings over the last two years with 2000 more scheduled for this Fall.

I lived through this in Louisiana back in the 90's. LDWF released multiple thousands; I beleive it was 20,000 or something along those lines in Caney Lake; about 7500 acres, where the Bass Pro Tour fished this year. It wiped it out for about 20 years. Eventually they all died off and the lake rebounded as y'all saw it this past spring.
It it is surounded by high end homes and was originally designed to be a recreational boating lake but it started producing state record LMB's right out of the gate and it became Louisiana's version of Lake Fork.
If the hydrilla starts to come back there the homeowners will twist LDWF's arm or float some cash in front of them and here we go again. Hopefully if this takes place again LDWF wiil have learned to be a lot more conservative with the crass carp.
I've watched the growth of hydrilla on Fork in the 90's and it always seemed to have a life cycle and would die off from cold weather or I guess just age. TP&W could have poisoned it as well but I never heard anything about them doing so.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: Hydrilla control at lake Conroe [Re: the skipper] #14463632 08/31/22 12:58 AM
R
Rayzor Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R

Money controls it.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: Hydrilla control at lake Conroe [Re: Craw worm] #14463736 08/31/22 03:06 AM
R
RKT Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
If you watched Ken Smith's interview with the guy who is over managing these lakes you heard him say that TPWD will never allow Conroe to have grass again. The SJRA has always followed the money of the LCA. Therefore, a fight for trying to maintain vegetation in Lake Conroe is a fight against TPWD, SJRA, and the LCA. Government will always follow the money and the only way anglers have a chance of maintaining any grass in Conroe (even native grass) is to come up with more money than the LCA. The other problem is the LCA people are also the wealthy ones contributing to the local politicians. Therefore, the fishermen will also have to buy the politicians from the LCA. If you want to know why things happen, just follow the money.

There has already been 1000 grass carp stocked in the lake in recent years. Now they want to put 2000 more in. This is all to control 200 acres. Even if the first 1000 had died that is still only .1 of an acre per carp. If you have ever sat on a lake and watched these carp as they eat vegetation you know they can each consume .1 acres in a day. They know that they can control the hydrilla with chemicals but will refuse to because the LCA people (the money) will cry and moan until every stitch of vegetation is gone and carp is the way to do that. Everything is simply controlled by the built in corruption of the way our government entities are set up and ran.

As anglers, my belief is we can pretty much write off Conroe in regards to it ever being a good bass lake for any more than a couple of years every 20 years. This is a vicious cycle from these organizations that has been a re-occurring cycle for the last 40 years. The first time they went to stock grass carp into the lake the bass clubs organized and fought it. In the end they lost, but they did tie it up in court for a few years keeping the carp stockings from happening during that time. It was a fair amount of money spent to add an extra year or two of good fishing before they wiped out the lake. The only way to fight money is with money. Do any of you actually think that fishermen would ever band together enough to fight the big money lake front property owners by raising enough money to compete with them?

Last edited by RKT; 08/31/22 03:08 AM.
Re: Hydrilla control at lake Conroe [Re: Craw worm] #14463812 08/31/22 11:11 AM
C
ChanceHuiet Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
C
The faster yall realize TPWD doesn't gvena rats arse about our fishing on any lake besides Fork the better yall will be. Down here around Conroe they are as useless as tits on a boar hog. There is a reason we (the community) spent our own money to stock 2 separate lakes. Literally had to buy the bass to get TPWD to stock them. Conroe finally has peppergrass, hydrilla and some eel grass back in it and they want to whipe it out again already.

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Re: Hydrilla control at lake Conroe [Re: RKT] #14463955 08/31/22 01:40 PM
GeoFisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by RKT
If you watched Ken Smith's interview with the guy who is over managing these lakes you heard him say that TPWD will never allow Conroe to have grass again. The SJRA has always followed the money of the LCA. Therefore, a fight for trying to maintain vegetation in Lake Conroe is a fight against TPWD, SJRA, and the LCA. Government will always follow the money and the only way anglers have a chance of maintaining any grass in Conroe (even native grass) is to come up with more money than the LCA. The other problem is the LCA people are also the wealthy ones contributing to the local politicians. Therefore, the fishermen will also have to buy the politicians from the LCA. If you want to know why things happen, just follow the money.

There has already been 1000 grass carp stocked in the lake in recent years. Now they want to put 2000 more in. This is all to control 200 acres. Even if the first 1000 had died that is still only .1 of an acre per carp. If you have ever sat on a lake and watched these carp as they eat vegetation you know they can each consume .1 acres in a day. They know that they can control the hydrilla with chemicals but will refuse to because the LCA people (the money) will cry and moan until every stitch of vegetation is gone and carp is the way to do that. Everything is simply controlled by the built in corruption of the way our government entities are set up and ran.

As anglers, my belief is we can pretty much write off Conroe in regards to it ever being a good bass lake for any more than a couple of years every 20 years. This is a vicious cycle from these organizations that has been a re-occurring cycle for the last 40 years. The first time they went to stock grass carp into the lake the bass clubs organized and fought it. In the end they lost, but they did tie it up in court for a few years keeping the carp stockings from happening during that time. It was a fair amount of money spent to add an extra year or two of good fishing before they wiped out the lake. The only way to fight money is with money. Do any of you actually think that fishermen would ever band together enough to fight the big money lake front property owners by raising enough money to compete with them?

Pretty much puts a wrap on it there. Nailed it.

And to answer your last question.........a resounding NO. Its gonna take an organization in "bass" form that resembles Ducks Unlimited or CCA. or something like that to even have a slight chance of ever beating the $$$$.

Everything on your bass boat is broken......You just don't know it yet.
Re: Hydrilla control at lake Conroe [Re: Craw worm] #14464095 08/31/22 03:11 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
“On the verge of consuming the lake” roflmao

What a joke

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Hydrilla control at lake Conroe [Re: Craw worm] #14464512 08/31/22 09:21 PM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
At some point in order to combat stuff like this BASS may have to become more like the NRA where our membership fees would create money to fund lobbying. I hate to see it come to that but if we want more control over situations like this, that is what it is going to take. I'm not a lawyer and know very little about how all this works but if there was the funding I'm sure as a lobbying group we could tie this up in court for a while or completely stop it.

Last edited by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50); 08/31/22 09:29 PM.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: Hydrilla control at lake Conroe [Re: Craw worm] #14464966 09/01/22 01:00 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Until bass fisherman have bigger pockets and outnumber the homeowners around the lake ...it's a futile effort

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide