Re: Climate change [Re: Ghost4BH] #14438648 08/03/22 06:19 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Ghost4BH
Razorback just put a smack down on the gullible lemmings

Everything you post is either slobbering over someone you agree with or name calling someone you don't. I've never actually seen you post one single intelligent argument. Thanks for all your many meaningful contributions. roflmao

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Climate change [Re: Jpurdue] #14438654 08/03/22 06:22 PM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Jpurdue

Everything you post is either slobbering over someone you agree with or name calling someone you don't. I've never actually seen you post one single intelligent argument. Thanks for all your many meaningful contributions. roflmao

That means a lot coming from the guy who’s wife’s side of the family told him to pound sand.

Re: Climate change [Re: Kattelyn] #14438657 08/03/22 06:24 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Kattelyn
Originally Posted by Razorback

No, they didn't have climate observation facilities. But we are able to analyze mud cores from the sea bed and from lakes to give us a rough idea what the climate was generally like during those periods. If we do that enough places all over the earth, then we start getting ideas.

Given no one was driving Silverados or Tahoes back then, what caused the Ice Age? Better yet, what caused it to end? What caused the Little Ice Age, and what caused it to end? What caused the weather phenomenon that is known as The Year Without A Summer in 1816, when horse and buggy was the preferred mode of transportation?

Did man cause any of those events, and did man have the power to alter them? Ask yourself those questions, and think about the answers.

I give up. This is an exercise in futility. Yes, we do have those answers. And if you really did care you would have already googled and learned this over the years. You're getting bogged in the weeds looking for thousands of years of data points. We have that. We've been doing ice cores and mud cores and tree cores for decades. We actually do have people who can explain to you why ice ages happen. I am having a busy day putting up with customers. Look it up or not.

Kattelyn, for what it is worth, it was refreshing to read your posts. Well written and factual as always. It gets tiresome in here constantly having to convince people the earth isn't flat, Bill Gates isn't a lizard man, the moon landing happened, 5G isn't going to shrink your balls, Bigfoots don't exist, and climate change is real.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Climate change [Re: Kattelyn] #14438658 08/03/22 06:24 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
The two sides disagree.

One side says, "Fine. We disagree. You are free to buy whatever vehicle you choose, electric or otherwise. You buy yours, I'll buy mine, and we'll all have what we want. Eventually one technology will win out over others and more and more people will buy it. That's the way free markets work."

The other side says, "No, I will buy what I want and you will, too. We will take away your freedom to choose. You will comply with our demands, period. We said it's an "existential threat" so that makes it so."

This technology is bad. Let's encourage people to invent something better.

NOOOOOO YOU CAN'T CHANGE

No one said we can't change. Read again. I am 100% in favor of you having the freedom to buy seven electric vehicles, one for each day of the week. Charge and drive them 24/7/365 for all I care. If enough people decide of their own free will that they are better EVs will become dominant and the market leader. That's the way free markets work.

Currently that's not the case considering only 1-2% of people choose to buy EVs. The market clearly prefers the power, range, dependability, convenience, ease and quickness of refilling, and comfort of gas/diesel.

No one is taking away your ability to invent, choose, or change. Your side is the one trying to do that.

As for core samples, you apparently missed the point. None of those climate cycles were caused by fossil fuels or man-made global warming. Weather and climate have always gone through cycles, and man couldn't have altered or stopped them if he had been around and tried. Man won't change the climate going forward, either. It's all a damn lie.

Re: Climate change [Re: bloo_rainger] #14438659 08/03/22 06:27 PM
R
RoadRunnerTR21 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Do you remember as a kid when the government was saying that the communists are trying to control the climate by cloud seeding and such? That was awesome! Many people were freaking out! To bad it didn't work out. They finally figure out that mankind cannot change the climate unless they let loose of a few hundred nukes at the same time a few super volcanoes erupt. Then something might happen.

[Linked Image] Light Blue 19 CPX
Re: Climate change [Re: Ghost4BH] #14438661 08/03/22 06:28 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J

That means a lot coming from the guy who’s wife’s side of the family told him to pound sand.

there you go proving my point! To be clear, one of her brothers disagreed on a hunting situation. He later apologized, and the two of us get along just fine now. I'm not a grudge holder.

Always great when people who hide behind handles start slinging mud. My name is right in the signature line.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Climate change [Re: Mark Perry] #14438670 08/03/22 06:35 PM
Bigbob_FTW Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
The two sides disagree.

One side says, "Fine. We disagree. You are free to buy whatever vehicle you choose, electric or otherwise. You buy yours, I'll buy mine, and we'll all have what we want. Eventually one technology will win out over others and more and more people will buy it. That's the way free markets work."

The other side says, "No, I will buy what I want and you will, too. We will take away your freedom to choose. You will comply with our demands, period. We said it's an "existential threat" so that makes it so."

Truth.

Also where are all of those "just 2 weeks to flatten the curve" people at these days?

once again he nailed it.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Climate change [Re: Jpurdue] #14438674 08/03/22 06:37 PM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

there you go proving my point! To be clear, one of her brothers disagreed on a hunting situation. He later apologized, and the two of us get along just fine now. I'm not a grudge holder.

Always great when people who hide behind handles start slinging mud. My name is right in the signature line.

I’m so proud of you!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Re: Climate change [Re: bloo_rainger] #14438678 08/03/22 06:42 PM
S
steveiam Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
I will admit to learning at least one thing in this thread-
The extreme man caused climate change folks are really good at finding data that supports their view-

And I’ve lived long enough to know I have been lied to by these same kinds of people-
So there is that-

And I also see who here thinks the view they support should be forced on me.

Last edited by steveiam; 08/03/22 06:42 PM.

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Climate change [Re: bloo_rainger] #14438680 08/03/22 06:43 PM
S
Sawhorse Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
I think one side says a bunch of stuff, then the other side says “Hey, why are you saying that stuff?” And that starts other people to looking around and saying other stuff. I’m not sure what the original question was but somewhere, somebody has stuff that can answer it. Thanks a lot guys.

Re: Climate change [Re: Razorback] #14438691 08/03/22 07:03 PM
K
Kattelyn Offline
Little Psycho Coffee
Little Psycho Coffee
K
The two sides disagree.

This technology is bad. Let's encourage people to invent something better.

NOOOOOO YOU CAN'T CHANGE

No one said we can't change. Read again. I am 100% in favor of you having the freedom to buy seven electric vehicles, one for each day of the week. Charge and drive them 24/7/365 for all I care. If enough people decide of their own free will that they are better EVs will become dominant and the market leader. That's the way free markets work.

Currently that's not the case considering only 1-2% of people choose to buy EVs. The market clearly prefers the power, range, dependability, convenience, ease and quickness of refilling, and comfort of gas/diesel.

No one is taking away your ability to invent, choose, or change. Your side is the one trying to do that.

As for core samples, you apparently missed the point. None of those climate cycles were caused by fossil fuels or man-made global warming. Weather and climate have always gone through cycles, and man couldn't have altered or stopped them if he had been around and tried. Man won't change the climate going forward, either. It's all a damn lie.

We're honestly on the same side. But there's a lot of fossil fuel industries that have put a whole dumptrucks of money into thinking their product is good for us. They've exploited us for literally centuries from digging in coal mines to the life endangering work in the oil fields or the oil platforms in the gulf. There's just a whole lot of studies from all over the world that show over and over again how it's messing up life for everyone and we can't afford to let it keep getting worse.

You're going to get your way, nobody is going to actually do anything, and the general weather is just going to keep getting suckier. There's literally nothing we as individuals can do to make one lick of difference in the grand scheme of things. The laws are supposed to be for big businesses and corporations to try to make them sorta kinda behave maybe a little.... and then they get the teeth ripped out and are useless anyway.

Individuals have absolutely no impact on the earth's climate. But if you want to see how we have changed the climate just here, then watch a storm come in from west Texas. It'll crash hard against the edge of the metroplex, have a bunch of damage around the edges, but have you noticed how storms will split around large cities? For me, It'll just get to New Braunfels or even Schertz and then die. Or it'll follow the loop around town and die. We have big heat islands with all the pavement and it just sucks up the heat and magnifies it and hangs onto it. How much cooler would that area be without the highway? If it was land that could soak up rainfall instead of having it all be runoff? How much water would be in our aquifers if they weren't paved over when we do get rain?

Re: Climate change [Re: bloo_rainger] #14438701 08/03/22 07:19 PM
K
Kattelyn Offline
Little Psycho Coffee
Little Psycho Coffee
K
Since it just came up on my feed... We're talking about strings of 100 degree days...

[Linked Image]

Rainfall amounts for San Antonio over the last few years... I actually had this on hand from another discussion.
[Linked Image]

Re: Climate change [Re: Jpurdue] #14438702 08/03/22 07:21 PM
F
fish4bass Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F

roflmao thumb

And I know who "Jeff" is.
Re: Climate change [Re: Kattelyn] #14438703 08/03/22 07:21 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

No, they didn't have climate observation facilities. But we are able to analyze mud cores from the sea bed and from lakes to give us a rough idea what the climate was generally like during those periods. If we do that enough places all over the earth, then we start getting ideas.

Given no one was driving Silverados or Tahoes back then, what caused the Ice Age? Better yet, what caused it to end? What caused the Little Ice Age, and what caused it to end? What caused the weather phenomenon that is known as The Year Without A Summer in 1816, when horse and buggy was the preferred mode of transportation?

Did man cause any of those events, and did man have the power to alter them? Ask yourself those questions, and think about the answers.

I give up. This is an exercise in futility. Yes, we do have those answers. And if you really did care you would have already googled and learned this over the years. You're getting bogged in the weeds looking for thousands of years of data points. We have that. We've been doing ice cores and mud cores and tree cores for decades. We actually do have people who can explain to you why ice ages happen. I am having a busy day putting up with customers. Look it up or not.

don't let a bunch of sheeple work you up

Page 13 of 56 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 55 56
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide