Print Thread
Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14433465 07/29/22 03:08 AM
S
sprigsss Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
I remember when a student in Austin heard a dove fly into his window. He found the bird dead.

So he took the bird inside, prepped it, and cooked it for dinner.

The young man documented everything on Facebook and was promptly cited for illegal method of take.

I’ve also seen them spend extensive time and efforts on cases less serious than this IMO.

It’s a shame they are willing to just let this slide.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14433478 07/29/22 03:17 AM
dkmore Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
I wanted to provide the following update because I feel like this is worthy of giving attention to. I received a phone call from Joe Zimmerman. He went to his coach and together they called me. He was apologetic about what happened and wanted to make sure he personally gave his apology to me. After our phone call, he followed up with an email giving a formal written apology to me, the organization, and the fishing community. He offered to do some community service or make some type of public apology to the anglers and others who were affected by his actions. He asked that I not disclose his letter and I promise to honor that; however, I want it known that he did send a written formal apology. This letter doesn’t excuse his actions, but it definitely shows character for someone his age to own his actions and take responsibility.

I absolutely feel like his apology was sincere and I admire his courage to take responsibility for his actions. I commended him for calling me and making an amends. I think it shows good character despite a bad decision he made. I also think it’s important to state that Joe Zimmerman admitted to helping place fish in the basket the day before the tournament, but he didn’t fish the tournament with Josh Phillips when Josh was caught cheating.

With that, I didn’t request anything of Joe Zimmerman, but I am publicly inviting him to come to any TTO event and help so he can gain an appreciation for how tournaments are run and what happens behind the scenes.

Also, I want to address the comments and social media that has blown up over this. I can’t tell anyone what to say or how to react, but I am asking that if anyone has any comments to please keep it about the situation and not as a personal attack against these boys. Whatever your opinion, there’s no need to personally attack these kids. In my original post on the fishing forum, I just wanted to get the facts out because I didn’t want rumors to start flying and getting out of hand and I had so many phone calls with questions and I was constantly having to correct misinformation.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: sprigsss] #14433483 07/29/22 03:21 AM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by sprigsss
I remember when a student in Austin heard a dove fly into his window. He found the bird dead.

So he took the bird inside, prepped it, and cooked it for dinner.

The young man documented everything on Facebook and was promptly cited for illegal method of take.

I’ve also seen them spend extensive time and efforts on cases less serious than this IMO.

It’s a shame they are willing to just let this slide.

And yet the poaching game warden in Delta county still has his job, SMH...

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Hardheadfish] #14433486 07/29/22 03:26 AM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Hardheadfish
So how did they get DQ at Texoma

Who said that?

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14433490 07/29/22 03:31 AM
C
coachallentca Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by dkmore
I wanted to provide the following update because I feel like this is worthy of giving attention to. I received a phone call from Joe Zimmerman. He went to his coach and together they called me. He was apologetic about what happened and wanted to make sure he personally gave his apology to me. After our phone call, he followed up with an email giving a formal written apology to me, the organization, and the fishing community. He offered to do some community service or make some type of public apology to the anglers and others who were affected by his actions. He asked that I not disclose his letter and I promise to honor that; however, I want it known that he did send a written formal apology. This letter doesn’t excuse his actions, but it definitely shows character for someone his age to own his actions and take responsibility.

I absolutely feel like his apology was sincere and I admire his courage to take responsibility for his actions. I commended him for calling me and making an amends. I think it shows good character despite a bad decision he made. I also think it’s important to state that Joe Zimmerman admitted to helping place fish in the basket the day before the tournament, but he didn’t fish the tournament with Josh Phillips when Josh was caught cheating.

With that, I didn’t request anything of Joe Zimmerman, but I am publicly inviting him to come to any TTO event and help so he can gain an appreciation for how tournaments are run and what happens behind the scenes.

Also, I want to address the comments and social media that has blown up over this. I can’t tell anyone what to say or how to react, but I am asking that if anyone has any comments to please keep it about the situation and not as a personal attack against these boys. Whatever your opinion, there’s no need to personally attack these kids. In my original post on the fishing forum, I just wanted to get the facts out because I didn’t want rumors to start flying and getting out of hand and I had so many phone calls with questions and I was constantly having to correct misinformation.

Most Adults don't apologize for their actions. I have to say that I am more impressed with Joe because he knows he did wrong and is trying to make amends. To some nothing he does will ever be enough. We are a forgiving people when people ask for forgiveness.. I have been forgiven for my past sins and he will too it will just take time for the bass community to trust again.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: tsubrett] #14433515 07/29/22 04:31 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by tsubrett
Originally Posted by ezbassin
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
Buncha silly prideful mother [censored] on this thread....I'm 35 year LEO and if you think a several hundred dollar ticket, a ruined name, and zero opportunity to fish for their school or really any other adult trail forever isn't harsh enough for two 17 year old, go [censored] yourself! They're kids, did a dumb kid thing, were punished....14 pages of righteousness though soap

You need to clean up your language also on here or get banned from posting completely. You are as pathetic as the boys that cheated. Same class act.

20 plus pages of thrashing some high school kids and this is what gets you fired up? They messed up and are paying the ultimate price just in an unorthodox way.. Txmasterpo, thank u for your service in law enforcement. Karen, I mean ezbassin, if u think cursing online is in the same class as cheating, u live in a bubble.

I actually LOLed.....sorry sunshine....I speak how I speak.... it's sensored if those scary words hurt you

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14433516 07/29/22 04:31 AM
F
flashman252 Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Good on Joe!!! Owning up to what he did wrong and what would be even better for him would be to show up to some of those TTO events and help out and maybe gain a new appreciation for the sport. I still think these kids have a bright future. Not necessarily in the bass fishing world but this will blow over and they’ll be alright. They got their lickings publicly it sounds like, it won’t be forgotten just yet but maybe they can make strides in the right direction and gain the respect of some still.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14433522 07/29/22 04:37 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Volunteering at TTO events for 12 months with no opportunity to fish tournaments would be an outstanding thing for all involved.... he's clearly not running and hiding.....you always give a kid a way back, or you're part of our overall problem....societal problem..... wouldn't that be GD awesome? grin

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14433578 07/29/22 11:45 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Kudos to Joe. I think he has a good group of people who care about him. This type of lesson stings, and I think that he will think about what he does in the future. My Dad always said ones character is pretty much set as a young boy, but his most common phrase was "Your know by the company you keep". I fished tourneys for 8 years in the 90's, and when I started to really get a bad taste in my mouth with all the drama, and BS associated with it I dropped it all together.

Until recently I was fishing 4 days a week purely out of passion, and learning from a mentor I met who really is a "Fish Whisperer". Sum-Buck can fish, and is really good people. We all strive to do what's right, and I am sure Joe's biggest peoblem is letting his "old man" down. That was what stuck in my head early on, what would Dad say. But I was foolish little fart as a teenager, and worked hard but I never got caught when me and my buddies were up to no good.

But our "up to no good" was having a beer, or hitting road signs with kinetic objects. Best lesson I ever was taught by my Dad was "People do what you inspect, not what you expect.". There still needs to be checks and balances. I like the idea of a random polygraph in the big tourneys. But I have been around the working mans tournament ring for many years, and to try and pull something on these guys is downright silly.

Some of the guys in my neck of the woods could go bear hunting with a switch. They are not the people to cross. When it's all said and done, I think when everyone has had time to chew it over and put yourself in the boys shoes. Learning from one's mistakes are 10 fold better than, continuing down that road. This isn't no bump in the road, my passion for fishing is pretty high. My mentor keeps telling me, you sure are "mad at 'em".

In the last few years my family has been affected by a theft, and small things like someone grabbing something I left out. Sure stings in the back of my mind, but if someone stole $ from me and I caught them, they go on the top of a permanent $hit list that typically doesn't get changed. I really encourage Joe to look the men in the eye and say your sorry. You make things right with them, and they accept your apology you have achieved something that many people would give anything for. Josh, time to man up. The longer you wait the worse it's going to be for you. Disrespectful comments to anyone your elder is not going to fly, and becoming a man is about something that only you can do.

If you need someone to help you all you have to do is ask. There is no was fighting this will come out positive for you.

Say a prayer for help, and move forward. Every choice you make in life is about "Working for the brand". You represent your family, your school, and you build your own character that others know you by. Your either "good people" , or your not.

You might be suprised at how many people who had strong words on this thread, will actually help you if you ask.

Prosise

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: prosise] #14433596 07/29/22 12:17 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content
the janitor
Online Content
the janitor
J
Originally Posted by prosise
Kudos to Joe. I think he has a good group of people who care about him. This type of lesson stings, and I think that he will think about what he does in the future. My Dad always said ones character is pretty much set as a young boy, but his most common phrase was "Your know by the company you keep". I fished tourneys for 8 years in the 90's, and when I started to really get a bad taste in my mouth with all the drama, and BS associated with it I dropped it all together.

Until recently I was fishing 4 days a week purely out of passion, and learning from a mentor I met who really is a "Fish Whisperer". Sum-Buck can fish, and is really good people. We all strive to do what's right, and I am sure Joe's biggest peoblem is letting his "old man" down. That was what stuck in my head early on, what would Dad say. But I was foolish little fart as a teenager, and worked hard but I never got caught when me and my buddies were up to no good.

But our "up to no good" was having a beer, or hitting road signs with kinetic objects. Best lesson I ever was taught by my Dad was "People do what you inspect, not what you expect.". There still needs to be checks and balances. I like the idea of a random polygraph in the big tourneys. But I have been around the working mans tournament ring for many years, and to try and pull something on these guys is downright silly.

Some of the guys in my neck of the woods could go bear hunting with a switch. They are not the people to cross. When it's all said and done, I think when everyone has had time to chew it over and put yourself in the boys shoes. Learning from one's mistakes are 10 fold better than, continuing down that road. This isn't no bump in the road, my passion for fishing is pretty high. My mentor keeps telling me, you sure are "mad at 'em".

In the last few years my family has been affected by a theft, and small things like someone grabbing something I left out. Sure stings in the back of my mind, but if someone stole $ from me and I caught them, they go on the top of a permanent $hit list that typically doesn't get changed. I really encourage Joe to look the men in the eye and say your sorry. You make things right with them, and they accept your apology you have achieved something that many people would give anything for. Josh, time to man up. The longer you wait the worse it's going to be for you. Disrespectful comments to anyone your elder is not going to fly, and becoming a man is about something that only you can do.

If you need someone to help you all you have to do is ask. There is no was fighting this will come out positive for you.

Say a prayer for help, and move forward. Every choice you make in life is about "Working for the brand". You represent your family, your school, and you build your own character that others know you by. Your either "good people" , or your not.

You might be suprised at how many people who had strong words on this thread, will actually help you if you ask.

Prosise

thumb

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14433607 07/29/22 12:36 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by dkmore

Given you are one of the folks most directly impacted, I think your approach here is classy. So often apologies are offered and flat rejected. Thanks for sharing.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

[Linked Image]
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14433625 07/29/22 12:54 PM
O
over the hill @PK Offline
Angler
Angler
O
These boys will be held accountable as They now will be band from fishing tournaments from now on. That is hard on people who love the game of fishing remember they were minors so why were under aged kids allowed to enter a tournament with out an adult supervising ?

Butch Farmer
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Hardheadfish] #14433626 07/29/22 12:54 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Hardheadfish
So how did they get DQ at Texoma

This was prior to the EM incident? Which one or both?
Hearsay or is it fact?

#MFGA
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: tsubrett] #14433643 07/29/22 01:11 PM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Buncha silly prideful mother [censored] on this thread....I'm 35 year LEO and if you think a several hundred dollar ticket, a ruined name, and zero opportunity to fish for their school or really any other adult trail forever isn't harsh enough for two 17 year old, go [censored] yourself! They're kids, did a dumb kid thing, were punished....14 pages of righteousness though soap

You need to clean up your language also on here or get banned from posting completely. You are as pathetic as the boys that cheated. Same class act.

20 plus pages of thrashing some high school kids and this is what gets you fired up? They messed up and are paying the ultimate price just in an unorthodox way.. Txmasterpo, thank u for your service in law enforcement. Karen, I mean ezbassin, if u think cursing online is in the same class as cheating, u live in a bubble.

No need to curse on line or cheat in a tournament, simple as that. I guess you can't understand that.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: txmasterpo] #14433646 07/29/22 01:12 PM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E

I actually LOLed.....sorry sunshine....I speak how I speak.... it's sensored if those scary words hurt you

Just shows what a low class person you are.

Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide