Forums59
Topics1,041,105
Posts13,993,582
Members144,249
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14433982 07/29/22 06:07 PM
H
HookaToad Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H

🙏 thank you sir!

Much appreciate this response and might be my exact problem...especially since ive never really been happy with my spot lock. Im fishing out of a 17foot tin rig! Thanks for the explanation and ill start messing with that and hope it dials my spot lock in![/quote]
You are welcome..please let me know how it turns out for you

Good Fishing and God Bless

“I’d rather be a failure at something I enjoy than to be a success at something I hate”

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14435294 07/31/22 11:33 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
Update number 1401.

I updated the trolling motor last night to v 1.4??? And 3.00

I doubt it’s gonna make a difference. I fished yesterday, all day, man I miss my anchor button! What a day. Dancing on the trolling pedal for & hours. It definitely cost me first place.

I am thinking it might be something with the mount. Maybe it has a sensor that doesn’t allow the spot lock to lock if it doesn’t think it’s fully deployed? Maybe? You know the prop will work even if ya pull the release handle, and it kills spot lock of you pull the cable. It’s acting like the troller is not locked into the mount. IDK. I’m fixing to go to a lake close to me and see if the updates did anything more than make me sit in the driveway and sweat

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14435363 07/31/22 01:26 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Update number 1401.

I doubt it’s gonna make a difference. I fished yesterday, all day, man I miss my anchor button! What a day. Dancing on the trolling pedal for & hours. It definitely cost me first place.

I am thinking it might be something with the mount. Maybe it has a sensor that doesn’t allow the spot lock to lock if it doesn’t think it’s fully deployed? Maybe? You know the prop will work even if ya pull the release handle, and it kills spot lock of you pull the cable. It’s acting like the troller is not locked into the mount. IDK. I’m fixing to go to a lake close to me and see if the updates did anything more than make me sit in the driveway and sweat

you wore it out like an ole gal flipped inside out

#MFGA
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14435450 07/31/22 02:57 PM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
I got an e-mail from bass pro this week about a new Ultrex with the mega live target system built in if I understood the ad right. Before I saw this it looked like I was going with a spot lock TM of some brand; decision would be made when the funds are available, and what ever live system a sonar goes with it, roughly $6k in cost. It looks like the new ultrex with about a 9 inch bird would run some where in the mid to upper $4k range. Again, if I unerstood this right that would be quite a cost savings.
This post gives me more info to work with for sure, not against the Ultrex but things I should look out for if an Ultrex is on the bow of my rig. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50); 07/31/22 03:07 PM.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14435493 07/31/22 03:52 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S

Went to the lake. It didn’t work. I fished anyways. I used the power poles a lot.

Got home and was planning on tearing into it and deployed the motor. Then I grabbed the remote and turned it on. Remote said “new software found” “install now?”

Duh. It didn’t install the remote software update because, like I said before, I don’t use it often. Then the remote did it’s 5 minutes of updating. Now, at least in the driveway, it’s working.

Yesterday on the remote “diagnostics screen” it said volts: 3.82, motor heading: 190* , sensor heading: ____

Today, after updating it said volts:3.81, motor heading :190*, sensor heading : 208*.

It also displayed on the screen the correct functions for spot lock. It also added a few things, like fishing in a circle around a waypoint. That outta be fun.

I feel it’s maybe 40% gonna work. I dunno. PITA.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: Douglas J] #14435495 07/31/22 03:53 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Update number 1401.

you wore it out like an ole gal flipped inside out

Yeh. It’s beat to [censored]. But it’s been a SOLID troller.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14435544 07/31/22 04:50 PM
B
Bobby Milam Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
Do yourself a favor and take it to Texas atrolling motor repair at Lake Fork. The downside is they are only open 8-1. The positive, I just found out is that they will repair it while you wait. I just took mine in to for repair and expected them to keep it for a week or more but they had me fixed up within an hour. They seem to be very knowledgeable about the issues. They are an authorized mk repair center. I was impressed

Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: Bobby Milam] #14435565 07/31/22 05:07 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Bobby Milam
Do yourself a favor and take it to Texas atrolling motor repair at Lake Fork. The downside is they are only open 8-1. The positive, I just found out is that they will repair it while you wait. I just took mine in to for repair and expected them to keep it for a week or more but they had me fixed up within an hour. They seem to be very knowledgeable about the issues. They are an authorized mk repair center. I was impressed

Awesome, better than leaving it all star for 6 weeks, LOL

#MFGA
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: Douglas J] #14435590 07/31/22 05:34 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S

The reason I like to do repairs myself is I don’t have to leave my trolling motor with a shop. I have dropped it off one time, with Zach at Southwest. It was a dead motor. I smacked a big boulder with it and it started taking on water. If the motor housing and motor weren’t permanently mounted to the shaft, I would have done the repair. Instead, that was more than I wanted to take on at the time.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14435626 07/31/22 06:15 PM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O

The reason I like to do repairs myself is I don’t have to leave my trolling motor with a shop. I have dropped it off one time, with Zach at Southwest. It was a dead motor. I smacked a big boulder with it and it started taking on water. If the motor housing and motor weren’t permanently mounted to the shaft, I would have done the repair. Instead, that was more than I wanted to take on at the time.

I'm about to get "between a rock and a hard place" as my mom used to say, on my Fortrex. The part where the motor attaches to the shaft is real rusty, figure it won't be long and it's going to snap off and I'll be buying an Ultrex, Ghost, or Force. A repair probably wouldn't be in the card as far as feasability and cost. Anybody ever dealt with this?

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)] #14435636 07/31/22 06:21 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

I'm about to get "between a rock and a hard place" as my mom used to say, on my Fortrex. The part where the motor attaches to the shaft is real rusty, figure it won't be long and it's going to snap off and I'll be buying an Ultrex, Ghost, or Force. A repair probably wouldn't be in the card as far as feasability and cost. Anybody ever dealt with this?

The shaft has a lifetime warranty. Maybe break it and start with a fresh part! Lol.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14436571 08/01/22 06:14 PM
V
Verkeith Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
V

Went to the lake. It didn’t work. I fished anyways. I used the power poles a lot.

Got home and was planning on tearing into it and deployed the motor. Then I grabbed the remote and turned it on. Remote said “new software found” “install now?”

Duh. It didn’t install the remote software update because, like I said before, I don’t use it often. Then the remote did it’s 5 minutes of updating. Now, at least in the driveway, it’s working.

Yesterday on the remote “diagnostics screen” it said volts: 3.82, motor heading: 190* , sensor heading: ____

Today, after updating it said volts:3.81, motor heading :190*, sensor heading : 208*.

It also displayed on the screen the correct functions for spot lock. It also added a few things, like fishing in a circle around a waypoint. That outta be fun.

Sorry, the software update didn't resolve your issues, always a good idea to have the latest and greatest versions installed

Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: cjbles] #14436755 08/01/22 09:55 PM
D
David Burton Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by cjbles
Originally Posted by flashman252
Originally Posted by Tiltman
on spot lock low wind but not calm , drifts off then over corrects in all directions.

I would buy a new and improved one they day they became available. You know with the Raptor done they gotta be working on the next gen TM

The only thing mine does is goes backwards like 10 feet when I hit the button and then corrects itself but stays pretty true to that exact spot. The 10 feet backwards thing is sometimes really annoying lol.

Thats because you are heading forward when hitting the spot lock button. The ultra spot locks you onto the spot where you hit the button. Took me awhile but finally figured it out and I get myself into position before hitting it.

Another tip... if you are heading to a spot and want to spot lock, as you are slowing down, hit the lock. Once the head of the motor turns and before it engages the propeller to go back to the spot, turn it off and back on. It will reset closer to where you are now and won't jerk you out 0f the boat in a correction.

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: Verkeith] #14436757 08/01/22 09:57 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Verkeith

Sorry, the software update didn't resolve your issues, always a good idea to have the latest and greatest versions installed

It may have fixed it. I’ll find out tomorrow. Haha

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14437328 08/02/22 03:19 PM
V
Verkeith Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
V
Originally Posted by Verkeith

It may have fixed it. I’ll find out tomorrow. Haha

Hope so!!!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide