Print Thread
Page 21 of 27 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 26 27
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14432382 07/28/22 10:56 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Why doesnt the Sprague thread have this kind of outrage?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: the skipper] #14432386 07/28/22 11:06 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by the skipper

Probably because it's on a local level and directly affects more people than the Sprague deal. Maybe also because it appears very little was done about this even though Donnie took it to law enforcement.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14432399 07/28/22 11:39 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
If two were fishing the day before to collect fish, and only one was fishing the tournament. There looks to be some degree of story that might be interesting to hear. The old saying possession is 9/10's of the law. I would hope the boys man up, talk to the tournament directors and see if there is anything they could do to make it right. I think it would be much more of a growing and taking it like a man to try and make things right. Whatever it would be, it would definitely help the boys and possibly turn this around eventually to be something other than it is currently. It's going to be hard on them, but I genuinely think them performing some kind of endless community service and helping out all the parties affected might make this right. Heck, I would even say that I would want them to personally apologize to everyone who was in the tourney and take what words of wisdom, or words of "choice" they had to listen to. I am not up on the possible charges that could be on the table, but if it gets into the territory of a felony it could ruin a possible job in the future. It takes a big step to actually look someone in the eye and say "I am sorry".. Those who you protect, you make weak. I would really expect the boys to try and stand up, kick denial out of the way and become a man. Best thing they could ever do right now, and at least share something that will set an example for others..

Enough said by me, but if no charges are to be made I expect some growing up and taking accountability for what has happened. I think I would say there might be 1000+ hrs of community service centered around fishing, tournaments, and picking up trash at all of the lakes.

Would encourage others to think of something to help the boys and post it. I know, I know.. I also was saying a good ol'a$$ whooping was in order and it might have already happened. Prayers for the Kid, and his Mentor who "Has a long row to hoe, right now.".

And for the record, i do not know them. But I am hoping my son fishes on the BN fishing club in two years when he gets to HS. Truly a black eye for the team.

Prosise

Last edited by prosise; 07/28/22 11:41 AM.
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14432440 07/28/22 12:24 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
I heard (this is just rumor, so not sure if it's true) that one of the boys is reaching out to make amends. And that he has offered to do community service and whatever it takes to make things right. Personally, I would have them do one year as gophers for the working man's tournament Donnie hosts. I might also have them do service time at their local Salvation Army store once a week for 100-200 hours.

Make 'em clean up trash around the ramp and parking lot, cook hotdogs for the anglers, and whatever else is asked of them within reason.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: J.P. Greeson] #14432444 07/28/22 12:31 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
I heard (this is just rumor, so not sure if it's true) that one of the boys is reaching out to make amends. And that he has offered to do community service and whatever it takes to make things right. Personally, I would have them do one year as gophers for the working man's tournament Donnie hosts. I might also have them do service time at their local Salvation Army store once a week for 100-200 hours.

Make 'em clean up trash around the ramp and parking lot, cook hotdogs for the anglers, and whatever else is asked of them within reason.

Free boat washing? roflmao

Eh. Whatever. What’s done is done. Funny how people are only remorseful when they’re busted.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14432478 07/28/22 12:51 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Eh. Whatever. What’s done is done. Funny how people are only remorseful when they’re busted.

That's not always true.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: J.P. Greeson] #14432484 07/28/22 12:58 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

That's not always true.

Ok. “Openly remorseful”. Some may regret their actions without being caught, but that is really rare and it usually isn’t associated with premeditated crimes. We aren’t talking about Robin Hood.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14432492 07/28/22 01:05 PM
ReelSlow Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
He should have to go to about a dozen Tournaments and stand at the sign up table and tell every fisherman "I am FULL NAME , I cheated in tournaments and cashed checks I didn't earn and want to know what you think my punishment should be."

GOD is good!
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14432498 07/28/22 01:11 PM
Fishinfellow Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
You guys are absolutely ridiculous......SMH

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14432501 07/28/22 01:12 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J

That's not always true.

Ok. “Openly remorseful”. Some may regret their actions without being caught, but that is really rare and it usually isn’t associated with premeditated crimes. We aren’t talking about Robin Hood.

I think you are talking more about yourself as opposed to other people. No one really knows what is going on in another person's mind. In your case, I guess you would be surprised to find out how many good people there are out there.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Fishinfellow] #14432523 07/28/22 01:26 PM
B
Blake9 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by Fishinfellow
You guys are absolutely ridiculous......SMH

^

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: ReelSlow] #14432566 07/28/22 01:45 PM
R
Rob W. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by ReelSlow
He should have to go to about a dozen Tournaments and stand at the sign up table and tell every fisherman "I am FULL NAME , I cheated in tournaments and cashed checks I didn't earn and want to know what you think my punishment should be."

Just make them fish a day with WAWI. That would teach them!

[Linked Image]
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14432579 07/28/22 01:54 PM
A
avid_basser Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
A
When I first heard about this, I text my buddy and we threw around what if's...

What if this were my son?

Well, after he could walk again, yes I would have put my boot in his arse!

The punishment would be:
1) They pay back every $ they stole from the tournaments
2) They do some sort of community service, like above, boat washes, clean up around the lakes, etc. 2-5 hours for every dollar they had stolen.
3) They volunteer at the local lakes and do some of the daily things the lakes need: Trash, bathrooms, etc. 2-5 hours for every dollar they had stolen.
4) They apologize, in person, to the trail(s) anglers they've stolen from

Then and only then, would I allow them to step foot in a boat and back on the water. They are banned from just about tournament around here, so there's no need to talk about that.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14432582 07/28/22 01:56 PM
P
procrafter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
They should be banned from getting a fishing license as well as fishing tournaments.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Mark Perry] #14432629 07/28/22 02:12 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by the skipper

Probably because it's on a local level and directly affects more people than the Sprague deal. Maybe also because it appears very little was done about this even though Donnie took it to law enforcement.

Yea but i dont see people wanting to call MLF sponsors or whatnot to do something? Not blowing up MLF facebook. My point is, these kids acted completely separate of high school, the THSBA, or any sponsors and guys on here go crazy about it. We also dont know the circumstances of the encounter with TPWD. Its possible the citation was all they could give them because the kids never actually weighed the fish so the never committed the act. Its also possible they may recieve more charges later if enough evidence is gathered. Its also possible the TPWD agent made the conclusion that these kids would learn from the stupid stuff they did with the punishment they recieved. Personally, yea, they got off light but who are we to judge a situation we had no interaction with? Nkt saying every poat is stupid on this thread but some are just way out there. To your point of nothing being done, thats also in perspective. These kids just lost themselves any college scholarship shot, thats huge. They just made a name that wont be forgotten so their fishing "career" is done, thats huge. They krap they are going to hear from their peers will be intense and they will know they did wrong. For a kid, theres bigger punishments than what the law man can do although that should be part of it as well

Page 21 of 27 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 26 27
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide