Forums59
Topics1,039,337
Posts13,963,100
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Indianation65] #14396290 06/17/22 02:53 AM
Moto-Moto Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Catholics are weirdos. All yall.

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Jonah's View] #14396295 06/17/22 03:07 AM
S
spazm09 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Jonah's View
i always get a chuckle when someone will throw the "man in the jungle" argument in the conversation saying "what about him ?"... " I can't believe in a God that would throw a man in hell because there is no-one to share Jesus with him"...HAHAHA... don't worry about the man in the jungle, God knows him and his heart and will address him... the question is what will you do with all the Jesus that has been shared with you ? you don't have an excuse !...

It's a rainforest, get it right! Lol jk.

I'm gonna do the same thing with Jesus as you do with Allah, Zeus and Krishna.

[Linked Image]
Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14396309 06/17/22 03:17 AM
D
deerfeeder Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Originally Posted by Indianation65
I stated earlier that I do not agree with everything the Catholic faith teaches/states, but I was baptized Catholic and will also be Catholic, and a Christian.

I would not use the term "devout" to describe myself and my Catholic faith.

Thanks...

...+++

I went from birth to 17 as a Lutheran, 17 to 35 as a Catholic, and 35 to 59 back in the Lutheran church. There is so much more we have in common than the differences we have. That said, I never felt Catholic enough if that makes sense. At some point I realized that Luther was right. Am I devout? I don't know, but I'm following what the father teaches me. This thread has been great. We should always be able to debate these matters in love.

Some slight difference at the ages your sequence of events happened, but that pretty much describes me. The Lutheran in me is pretty strong. One of Luther's points was that we do not need an intermediary to confess our sins to God and to ask for his forgiveness. You can "confess" your sins straight to God who already knew you were going to do it and that you did do it, whatever it was. Christ died for you and me "for the remission of sins." They are paid for already, all we need to do if we actually believe is try to avoid committing sin as much as is humanly possible, and believe in Jesus as the Son of God. We are all guilty by thought, word, and deed and should strive to avoid those things that we know (from our innate nature) are wrong/sins. Praying to Mary or other Saints was hard for me to accept. I've done it, but it never really felt right. That was the Lutheran thing again.

But, for mankind, knowing and doing are sometimes quite different things. We are also to love one another. Often easier said than done.

Non Sibi Sed Patriae -- "Not for self, but for country."

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Indianation65] #14396314 06/17/22 03:25 AM
D
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Addition to my last. Baptism (from what I learned) is to make the baby, a member of God's Church on Earth, in case something were to happen to the baby. The baby when it was born, was born with natural sin, which we all got from Adam and EVE. Then, if the baby survives and gets old enough where he/she can actually grasp and understand the given religious concepts they are to be taught. After being tested on those basics then in both Lutheran and Catholic you can confirmed.

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: spazm09] #14396320 06/17/22 03:30 AM
J
Jonah's View Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by spazm09
i always get a chuckle when someone will throw the "man in the jungle" argument in the conversation saying "what about him ?"... " I can't believe in a God that would throw a man in hell because there is no-one to share Jesus with him"...HAHAHA... don't worry about the man in the jungle, God knows him and his heart and will address him... the question is what will you do with all the Jesus that has been shared with you ? you don't have an excuse !...

funny I get to correct you this time... say the same thing I "did" with the others, not "do", right its now in the past tense... and that is awesome, good for you, I'm happy to hear your going to study them, compare all their doctrines and finally come to the conclusion that Jesus Christ is the One True Living God, that all the others were false teachers and in their graves, or never existed... LOL jk roflmao

Maranatha !
Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: deerfeeder] #14396322 06/17/22 03:37 AM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by deerfeeder
Addition to my last. Baptism (from what I learned) is to make the baby, a member of God's Church on Earth, in case something were to happen to the baby. The baby when it was born, was born with natural sin, which we all got from Adam and EVE. Then, if the baby survives and gets old enough where he/she can actually grasp and understand the given religious concepts they are to be taught. After being tested on those basics then in both Lutheran and Catholic you can confirmed.

The problem is that has zero precedent in scripture. Was the thief on the cross baptized?

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Indianation65] #14396324 06/17/22 03:37 AM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Indianation65] #14396330 06/17/22 03:45 AM
D
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Thief on the cross was already believer when he was on his cross. If there is zero precedent in Scripture. then why did John the Baptist, baptize Jesus in the Jordan river? John already knew that Jesus was the Redeemer. Serious question, I only "know" what I was taught, so if you have other information I'm all eyes and ears.

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Indianation65] #14396331 06/17/22 03:47 AM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: deerfeeder] #14396333 06/17/22 03:49 AM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by deerfeeder
Thief on the cross was already believer when he was on his cross. If there is zero precedent in Scripture. then why did John the Baptist, baptize Jesus in the Jordan river? John already knew that Jesus was the Redeemer. Serious question, I only "know" what I was taught, so if you have other information I'm all eyes and ears.

Are you suggesting the thief had underwent some sort of water baptism? Jesus had to be baptized it’s a requirement of Judaism.

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Moto-Moto] #14396334 06/17/22 03:50 AM
gregpaul Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Moto-Moto
Catholics are weirdos. All yall.

Catholic wedding receptions rock

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Douglas J] #14396336 06/17/22 03:54 AM
gregpaul Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Do you know why you have to take 2 baptists fishing?

If you only take one, he'll drink up all your beer! breakdance

3 things baptists don’t believe in
the Pope, baptisms by sprinkling, and another baptist in a liquor store

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Indianation65] #14396346 06/17/22 07:02 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
I agree with the "all denominations vary from the as-written Bible at least a little bit" theory, but the difficulty with Catholics is that they have some very important and core processes that can appear to be very non-biblical.

Praying to Mary isn't Biblical to my knowledge. Jesus never said we should pray to others to ask for his help.
The concept of a Pope is very old Testament and does not align with the new testament covenant with God
The idea of priests granting forgiveness, or people saying prayers to someone other than Jesus (Hail Mary's...) to get this forgiveness is not at all in alignment with the new testament covenant between man and God

My wife went to a catholic college (University of Dallas) so she had tons of catholic friends and we discussed this at length many times and I never could reconcile many of their traditions and processes with Biblical teachings. Not to say they are or aren't Christians - that's for God to judge. And many catholics are some of the most genuinely amazing people that I know. So I don't know how to answer the original question, but I do understand why some non-catholics struggle coming to a decent answer on it

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Indianation65] #14396359 06/17/22 10:45 AM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
As previously mentioned.. denomination means nothing. Do you have a personal relationship with god? If the answer is yes, you are a Christian. Going to church, being baptized, donating a percentage of your income… none of that is necessary. Love god, pray, and do everything you can each day to be a morally sound person. My church every Sunday morning is running across the lake watching a beautiful sunrise and thanking our lord for another glorious day. (Even when it’s 105 lol).

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Jonah's View] #14396416 06/17/22 12:29 PM
S
spazm09 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by spazm09

funny I get to correct you this time... say the same thing I "did" with the others, not "do", right its now in the past tense... and that is awesome, good for you, I'm happy to hear your going to study them, compare all their doctrines and finally come to the conclusion that Jesus Christ is the One True Living God, that all the others were false teachers and in their graves, or never existed... LOL jk roflmao

You little rascal!!!

[Linked Image]
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide