Forums59
Topics1,039,717
Posts13,969,333
Members144,214
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: racing75] #14376830 05/25/22 05:03 PM
F
Flip Flop Fisher Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
obviously we are not smart enough to fix this or it would be fixed..we are either unwilling or unable

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: racing75] #14376834 05/25/22 05:07 PM
T
tech Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
This is not a National problem. It should be a local problem. Schools should be delt with by local communities. Each School district needs to do what they feel is best for themselves. If they want armed teachers or bars on doors or whatever.

Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone elses.
Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: racing75] #14376847 05/25/22 05:14 PM
C
champ 206 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I would like to see an indepth study of each of these killers, looking for anything in common. Perhaps family life, mental illness, prescribed drugs,violent game obsession,etc.

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: T Bird] #14376848 05/25/22 05:14 PM
F
forkduc Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
I agree, but it’s the local districts who direct the funds,not the state.

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: Coach Hark] #14376851 05/25/22 05:16 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Coach Hark
Originally Posted by CKINCAID
I don't know....but was this a government public school? How many happened at private Christian or other private school? Wonder what the chart is on this. And I seen the image of the 18yo in the bunker. Definitely a head case. But damn them guns.

Speaking of school ‼️‼️‼️ Dear Lord, your private school failed you.

How?

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: racing75] #14376871 05/25/22 05:38 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
FYI... Per Texas DPS, there was in fact a school police officer on campus at Robb Elementary who exchanged gunfire with the shooter and the officer was shot & injured. That is when the shooter ran inside the school, barricaded himself in a class, & began killing.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: Ghost4BH] #14376877 05/25/22 05:46 PM
Notaguide Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Ghost4BH
Originally Posted by Notaguide
Originally Posted by Ghost4BH
Originally Posted by Notaguide
We can't even keep the local restaurants open around here normal hours because of staff shortages. How do you geniuses expect to staff every school with armed security?

The local police department or sheriff department can provide staff for the schools. Our middle schools and high schools have campus resource officers who are provided by the local PD and is on each campus.

You do realize that means less staff working to control crime in other parts of the city right?

No, it means hiring enough staff to fill all positions.

How's that going to happen?

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: grandbassslayer] #14376879 05/25/22 05:47 PM
C
Coach Hark Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by Coach Hark
Originally Posted by CKINCAID
I don't know....but was this a government public school? How many happened at private Christian or other private school? Wonder what the chart is on this. And I seen the image of the 18yo in the bunker. Definitely a head case. But damn them guns.

Speaking of school ‼️‼️‼️ Dear Lord, your private school failed you.

How?

His grammar isn’t on point.

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right

http://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: champ 206] #14376891 05/25/22 05:54 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by champ 206
I would like to see an indepth study of each of these killers, looking for anything in common. Perhaps family life, mental illness, prescribed drugs,violent game obsession,etc.

When it comes to school shootings this is pretty straightforward. It's young loser males. 70% are under 18, 85% get the weapons from friends or family. Virtually all the rest are between 18 and 25 and buy the weapons legally.

I said this on another post but I'll say it again here: First thing he did on his 18th birthday was to go buy two long guns. Now that I've had a little time to process this whole thing I'll do what I do and throw out another unpopular opinion. I think semi-automatic weapons should only be sold to adults. Being an adult in this case should not be defined by age, but by demonstrated ability. What that looks like exactly I don't know, but I have a few ideas:

18 and in the the military? You are an adult.
18 and in law enforcement? You are an adult.
Nobody claims you on their taxes as a dependant? You are an adult.
Do you have a job, your own housing, and pay your own bills? You are an adult.

18 year old HS flunkout living in your grandma's basement walking around with a wig on your head? Not an adult.

Make folks under 25 demonstrate they are an adult to buy semi-automatic weapons and hold parents criminally liable if they provide access to a weapon used for a crime.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: racing75] #14376916 05/25/22 06:08 PM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
consequences are the best way to alter human behavior . We have become soft as a society . We allow children to get away with way to much without giving them an [censored] whupping .
Start applying severe consequences to ALL that use a gun to kill innocent individuals ---no more waiting , no more appeals ---quick and severe . Send a message to those violent criminals .
Fatherless families have proven a complete failure ---just look at Chicago ---- by this time next week , more blacks will be killed than all the Uvalde deaths --- both are incredibly sad --- but the politicians will do NOTHING . .
Defund the FBI and transfer all those employee's to Child Protection Services and let them save these innocent children at every public school .

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: Jpurdue] #14376926 05/25/22 06:16 PM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Jpurdue

When it comes to school shootings this is pretty straightforward. It's young loser males. 70% are under 18, 85% get the weapons from friends or family. Virtually all the rest are between 18 and 25 and buy the weapons legally.

I said this on another post but I'll say it again here: First thing he did on his 18th birthday was to go buy two long guns. Now that I've had a little time to process this whole thing I'll do what I do and throw out another unpopular opinion. I think semi-automatic weapons should only be sold to adults. Being an adult in this case should not be defined by age, but by demonstrated ability. What that looks like exactly I don't know, but I have a few ideas:

18 year old HS flunkout living in your grandma's basement walking around with a wig on your head? Not an adult.

Make folks under 25 demonstrate they are an adult to buy semi-automatic weapons and hold parents criminally liable if they provide access to a weapon used for a crime.

I would agree with most of that ---
Here's an addition .
If your 18 and HAVE NOT graduated High School ---no gun rights until you can pass certain testing ( mental , physical , emotional etc...) If you don't pass --no gun for 10 years . Then re-test .
We have to somehow address root cause issues and gun laws can't do it . We have to be able to assess a young persons abilities and mental faculties .
At 18 , how did this kid get enough money to buy three weapons , 400+ rounds of ammo and NO JOB ???

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: racing75] #14376928 05/25/22 06:16 PM
D
D.O.C.989 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
D
Just my opinion but if I were to dumb it down to the lowest common denominator, The word would be the rampant liberalism many of the people in this Country has chosen to guide them in life and raising kids. While this is truly a tragedy where is all the outrage for the kids killed in major liberal cities throughout the USA by abortion, bet the aggregate is more than 19 innocent kids murdered but the libs will riot to protect the right to murder. We are faced with a parenting and mental health problem in this Country.

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: racing75] #14376959 05/25/22 06:40 PM
T
txmasterpo Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
T
Mentally ill people should not be allowed to choose treatment....if they're ill, they get a shot and treatment, like it or not

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14376965 05/25/22 06:50 PM
O
outdoor-addict Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
O
Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy
Originally Posted by Jpurdue

I would agree with most of that ---
Here's an addition .
If your 18 and HAVE NOT graduated High School ---no gun rights until you can pass certain testing ( mental , physical , emotional etc...) If you don't pass --no gun for 10 years . Then re-test .
We have to somehow address root cause issues and gun laws can't do it . We have to be able to assess a young persons abilities and mental faculties .
At 18 , how did this kid get enough money to buy three weapons , 400+ rounds of ammo and NO JOB ???

Some of this makes sense from the stand point of "qualified".

I thought having a DL in TX was based on GED / HS graduate / Enrolled and attendance. If "He" was a drop out - Couldn't Social Services be involved ?
Once in this network "He" could be monitored before obtaining a DL which is needed to purchase a firearm.

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: JCG57] #14376967 05/25/22 06:51 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by JCG57
No father or father-figure involved in the killer's life. That is perhaps the biggest problem in our society today.

Some of the biggest pos’s I’ve ever known grew up to be just like their daddy’s….that’s not the issue.

The real devil is staring everyone in the face. Social media. I can piss off thousands from the front seat of my truck while buying lunch in a drive through. If it’s that easy to breed hate, just for kicks, how easy would it be to intentionally create the same?

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide