Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Road Rage [Re: Duke 22] #14367489 05/14/22 04:57 AM
Dan90210 ☮ Offline
Jr Deputy Dan
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by Duke 22
I had to stop the truck and get out the other day, I was madder than a jap when this [censored] was blocking my way. I gave em' a good what for! He finally moved out of the way so I could get across my cattle guard, and the sum bitch had the audacity to moo at me as I drove by! ( True story BTW)

Cattle are A holes. Its true. I've been tempted to 187 a few of them in the past.

No respect these cows.

Re: Road Rage [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14367519 05/14/22 10:57 AM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Originally Posted by Duke 22
I had to stop the truck and get out the other day, I was madder than a jap when this [censored] was blocking my way. I gave em' a good what for! He finally moved out of the way so I could get across my cattle guard, and the sum bitch had the audacity to moo at me as I drove by! ( True story BTW)

Cattle are A holes. Its true. I've been tempted to 187 a few of them in the past.

No respect these cows.

just hold up a picture of a traeger with a tomahawk cookin, they get the message.

Re: Road Rage [Re: cephusjoe] #14367566 05/14/22 11:44 AM
S
Samsonsworld Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by cephusjoe
Originally Posted by Samsonsworld
Wow! I've seen some road rage but nothing like today. I was headed into a construction area. The road goes from 2 lanes to 1. The guy in front of me is in a dually with a flat bed and full length headache rack. I honestly wasn't trying to be a jerk and it was nothing to get angry about. I couldn't see past him. I just know he's doing 40mph in a 45, so I decide to pass. I get beside him quick and there are 4-5 car lengths in front of him and a line of cars after that. I continue to pass. Well this Bozo gets butt hurt and hits the gass. I think he's bluffing so I keep going. He catches up and swerves at me several times, once hitting my side mirror. I don't know what he thought I would do. I had no where to go on my side as there is a concrete barrier to my left. We get past the one lane driving side by side. He gets in the right turn lane and I head 2 lanes over to the left. He almost hits 2 other vehicles trying to fight his way over back in front of me. He then jumps out of his truck and starts waving his arms and cussing. The whole time I have a 9mm in hand hoping he doesn't walk up to my truck because I did not want to shoot him. Finally, he speeds off. Unbelievable. crazy

Not saying what he did was right. But if I’m understanding your story correctly, once you seen he was just driving along you should have just got back behind him.

If I knew what was going on in front, I would have. But I was flying by. There is no excuse for how he reacted. None.

Re: Road Rage [Re: Razorback] #14367603 05/14/22 12:49 PM
O
Oldrabbit Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
O
Originally Posted by Razorback
I drive Hwy 31 between Tyler and Kilgore quite a bit. The highway now has alternating passing lanes a lot of the way, two lanes eastbound and then two westbound, and so forth. Routinely I have some a-hole in the inside lane drive 50 yards behind me as I am in the outside lane. Then, just as my lane ends, he decides he has to pass me. Why couldn't he have done it in the previous two miles instead of giving me the choice of either being run off the road of slamming on my brakes?

Razorback, I totally understand the idiots on Hwy 31. The ones that blow my mind are the ones that drive about 55 till they hit the passing lanes then floor it, till they get back to the single lane then slow back down to 55. You just know they are doing it on purpose just to make folks mad.

Re: Road Rage [Re: ko bass attack 27] #14367623 05/14/22 01:22 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by ko bass attack 27
Originally Posted by Notaguide
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Passing lanes were created to pass someone driving slower than the speed limit. If you are raging because someone is in the left lane doing 80 in a 75 and you get pissed because you can’t drive a 100, you’re a flawed guy.

Nope not according to Oklahoma law- passing lane is for passing, if a driver is behind you, you have to yield.

From txdot.gov
Impeding the flow of traffic in the left lane is punishable by a fine of up to $200.

I just drove in Oklahoma. They still have speed limits

I'm sure there are fines for exceeding the posted speed limit as well.

Correct but you can be cited for doing the speed limit in the fast lane if someone is behind you.

Re: Road Rage [Re: Notaguide] #14367684 05/14/22 02:21 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Passing lanes were created to pass someone driving slower than the speed limit. If you are raging because someone is in the left lane doing 80 in a 75 and you get pissed because you can’t drive a 100, you’re a flawed guy.

Absolutely correct

The ragers here think you can go 100 and not get a ticket

Re: Road Rage [Re: Samsonsworld] #14367698 05/14/22 02:51 PM
H
HasBen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
H
From TXDOT website. It does not say anything about speed, only once you enter a passing lane to pass, you are to move back into the right hand lane.

Signs that say, “Left lane for passing only” identifies a pass-only lane.
After you pass someone, move into the right lane once you've safely cleared the vehicle.
Impeding the flow of traffic in the left lane is punishable by a fine of up to $200.

“There’s no such thing as too much horsepower, just not enough traction”…..Carroll Shelby
Re: Road Rage [Re: butch sanders] #14367700 05/14/22 02:52 PM
Hard Rain Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by butch sanders

Absolutely correct

The rule of traffic is slower traffic keep right. If you are on the highway in the left lane and folks have to pass you on the right that is not how it is supposed to work. If I pass someone using the left lane I get back over as soon as possible. If I am still in the left lane and see someone approaching at a faster rate of speed I move over as soon as possible.

It is not rocket science folks.

Re: Road Rage [Re: Hard Rain] #14367706 05/14/22 02:58 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Hard Rain

Absolutely correct

The rule of traffic is slower traffic keep right. If you are on the highway in the left lane and folks have to pass you on the right that is not how it is supposed to work. If I pass someone using the left lane I get back over as soon as possible. If I am still in the left lane and see someone approaching at a faster rate of speed I move over as soon as possible.

It is not rocket science folks.

These are the guys that didn’t get picked to be the crossing guard in elementary school, the first to rat out their friends on the playground- and frequently told “your not my boss” as they tried to police everyone. For whatever reason they are that stubborn to have the common courtesy to stay out of the passing lane.

Re: Road Rage [Re: Samsonsworld] #14367715 05/14/22 03:11 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I drive 80 if I can
In the left lane always

I don’t know where you drive
But
It’s not DFW
No matter what lane you are in
There is traffic

Re: Road Rage [Re: butch sanders] #14367722 05/14/22 03:20 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
I drive 80 if I can
In the left lane always

I don’t know where you drive
But
It’s not DFW
No matter what lane you are in
There is traffic

I drive all over. All the weaving in and out are people getting around left lane squatters. If you’d pass on the left then get back over traffic would flow smoother for everyone

Re: Road Rage [Re: HasBen] #14367724 05/14/22 03:24 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Originally Posted by HasBen
From TXDOT website. It does not say anything about speed, only once you enter a passing lane to pass, you are to move back into the right hand lane.

After you pass someone, move into the right lane once you've safely cleared the vehicle.

If that was inforced, semi-trucks would be pulled over constantly. I wish those guys would speed up when they pass another semi. I've sat behind two of them going the same speed for miles blocking both lanes. It happens almost every time I am on I30.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Road Rage [Re: J.P. Greeson] #14367756 05/14/22 04:12 PM
Bigbob_FTW Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson

If that was inforced, semi-trucks would be pulled over constantly. I wish those guys would speed up when they pass another semi. I've sat behind two of them going the same speed for miles blocking both lanes. It happens almost every time I am on I30.

They aren't allowed in the left lane inside the metroplex. It helps.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Road Rage [Re: J.P. Greeson] #14367763 05/14/22 04:24 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson

due to insurance and a lot of new rooky drivers they are pretty much all governed at 65 or 68. like 4 wheelers the idiots in the left lane think they are in a hurry and just have to pass that swift truck.

owner operators are not governed and a lot of them will be slowing down now that fuel is over 5 bucks, even with the surcharges they are likely losing money doing the speed limit and getting about 6 mpg

Re: Road Rage [Re: Samsonsworld] #14367776 05/14/22 04:47 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
I was just on a road trip and was surprised at the number of semi-trucks going 75-80.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide