B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Barn
Originally Posted by buda13
Originally Posted by letsgofishin
I saw lots of fish on beds and lots of empty beds. My guess they snatched lots of good fish off beds threw them in a livewell all day. Bagged em weighed re bagged and let loose 5 miles from where they were caught lol. Oh well

You’ll find most of those fish spawning in the marina this week… but if it really bothers you I’d suggest moving up north where “Bass Season” doesn’t start till after the spawn. The low numbers of bass per acre in Ray Roberts are directly related to the gar and sandbass populations in the lake. No other lake I fish has the numbers of 4’ crazy thick gar swimming around. They are eating good.

I'd love to go out spend a few weekends wiping out the gar and carp. Good grief they are bad. Odd thing is I haven't ran into any of the sandbass yet this year.

I fished Friday and Sunday. You definitely have to land in a area that has a few fish. Otherwise, it takes covering a lot of water to put anything together.

Everyone that fishes it regularly, put a bow in the boat and start shooting a few gar each trip out.

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Tales from Basschamps on Ray Roberts [Re: Bass Buster1] #14358207 05/02/22 09:29 PM
A
avid_basser Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
A
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
Originally Posted by Barn
Originally Posted by buda13
Originally Posted by letsgofishin
I saw lots of fish on beds and lots of empty beds. My guess they snatched lots of good fish off beds threw them in a livewell all day. Bagged em weighed re bagged and let loose 5 miles from where they were caught lol. Oh well

You’ll find most of those fish spawning in the marina this week… but if it really bothers you I’d suggest moving up north where “Bass Season” doesn’t start till after the spawn. The low numbers of bass per acre in Ray Roberts are directly related to the gar and sandbass populations in the lake. No other lake I fish has the numbers of 4’ crazy thick gar swimming around. They are eating good.

I'd love to go out spend a few weekends wiping out the gar and carp. Good grief they are bad. Odd thing is I haven't ran into any of the sandbass yet this year.

I fished Friday and Sunday. You definitely have to land in a area that has a few fish. Otherwise, it takes covering a lot of water to put anything together.

Everyone that fishes it regularly, put a bow in the boat and start shooting a few gar each trip out.

Now there's an idea!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide