texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
FishingGrandma, Calfish2, madcowdungbeetle, Joseph Candle, NotOnEm
119281 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,182
TexDawg 120,544
Bigbob_FTW 97,052
John175☮ 86,031
Bob Davis 84,525
Pilothawk 83,359
Mark Perry 72,846
Derek 🐝 68,365
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,042,335
Posts14,016,004
Members144,281
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Is Livescope Killing The Co-Angler? #14335322 04/05/22 06:43 PM
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 181
H
Houston Basscat Online Content OP
Outdoorsman
OP Online Content
Outdoorsman
H
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 181
Recently, I fished a Toyota Series as a non boater and the pro I fished with on Day 2 was catching fish using Livescope and a jerk bait. He was chasing wolf packs of bass in open water and doing quite well. We were in 45 foot of water with no cover and I had nothing to throw at. The previous day I had done really well and I was in contention for a nice check. However, I totally understood what the pro was doing and he was quite successful. I learned quite a bit and there was no complaining from me.

This last weekend I fished as a boater in the BFL. I too, spent a large portion of time chasing fish and the co-angler had times when there was very little to throw at. There was quite a bit of complaining going on as the non-boater wasn't interested in a lesson they were competing. I decided to change things up to give my co-angler a decent shot at some fish. I would rather have an enjoyable day in the boat than the top 100 finish I was trending to anyway. Plus, I know how much it sucks to have no shot at catching fish. After all, this was just a BFL (Something I think some of the other "BFL Bass Pro's" could be reminded of).

Is Livescope Killing the Co-angler?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Houston Basscat] #14335328 04/05/22 06:49 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 39,647
Dan90210 ☮ Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 39,647
Yes. Yes it is.

Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Houston Basscat] #14335329 04/05/22 06:50 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 20,978
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
D
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 20,978
Maybe a good reason to cut out co-anglers and make the events truly individual tournaments


#MFGA
Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Douglas J] #14335334 04/05/22 06:52 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,056
Walls Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,056
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Maybe a good reason to cut out co-anglers and make the events truly individual tournaments


But then that kills the profit $$ for the organizer unless entry fee goes way up. popcorn

Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Houston Basscat] #14335344 04/05/22 07:07 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,229
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,229
When participation of cos drop way off something will be done about it.

Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Walls] #14335346 04/05/22 07:12 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 20,978
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
D
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 20,978
Originally Posted by WALLS
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Maybe a good reason to cut out co-anglers and make the events truly individual tournaments


But then that kills the profit $$ for the organizer unless entry fee goes way up. popcorn



Maybe the boaters should get together and go to the organizers and ask for part of those profits for allowing the co's to fish out of their boats.

The boater gets nothing, besides a few dollars for gas, for basically providing a "guide trip".


#MFGA
Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Houston Basscat] #14335357 04/05/22 07:24 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,329
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
B
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,329
back in early days of redman/bfl,they were draw tournaments and you had to give the no boater half of the day in front of the boat and travel to his fish if he requested it....most of the time,you were able to work things out but there was some real horror stories out there about disagreements between contestants....you dreaded the draw because there was always the chance you were going to get drawn with another boater and have to flip a coin over whose boat to use....
going to be interesting to see what effect this has on boater/no boater tournys......
they may have to require cameras mounted in boats and polygraph tests if they start getting primarily boater entrees.......
I fished alabama solo trail for several years in which you fished by yourself and they gave the winner and couple people at random in the top 10 a polygraph test....it was a fun trail to fish and I never heard of any cheating going on...

Last edited by beartrap; 04/05/22 07:37 PM.
Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Houston Basscat] #14335362 04/05/22 07:28 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 23,926
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 23,926
Screw the co-anglers. That’s all I got.


Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Douglas J] #14335365 04/05/22 07:30 PM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,320
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
J
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,320
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by WALLS
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Maybe a good reason to cut out co-anglers and make the events truly individual tournaments


But then that kills the profit $$ for the organizer unless entry fee goes way up. popcorn



Maybe the boaters should get together and go to the organizers and ask for part of those profits for allowing the co's to fish out of their boats.

The boater gets nothing, besides a few dollars, for gas for basically providing a "guide trip".


No disrespect intended but I have never understood that argument. The boater is choosing to fish the tournament. The boater has chosen to fish the boater side of the tourney knowing the cost, and with that gets the privilege of choosing where and how to fish. The notion that the boater is somehow owed a monetary fee for "guiding" the co-angler is absurd. To answer the OP's original question, yes.


Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: J.H.S.] #14335370 04/05/22 07:36 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 20,978
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
D
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 20,978
Originally Posted by J.H.S.
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by WALLS
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Maybe a good reason to cut out co-anglers and make the events truly individual tournaments


But then that kills the profit $$ for the organizer unless entry fee goes way up. popcorn



Maybe the boaters should get together and go to the organizers and ask for part of those profits for allowing the co's to fish out of their boats.

The boater gets nothing, besides a few dollars, for gas for basically providing a "guide trip".


No disrespect intended but I have never understood that argument. The boater is choosing to fish the tournament. The boater has chosen to fish the boater side of the tourney knowing the cost, and with that gets the privilege of choosing where and how to fish. The notion that the boater is somehow owed a monetary fee for "guiding" the co-angler is absurd. To answer the OP's original question, yes.



That is exactly what it is, most dudes brings a few rods and some tackle in hope of catching the fish someone else worked to locate. That is a guide trip.


#MFGA
Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Houston Basscat] #14335377 04/05/22 07:47 PM
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,475
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,475
YES

Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Houston Basscat] #14335395 04/05/22 08:05 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 640
E
El Skeeter Offline
Pro Angler
Offline
Pro Angler
E
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 640
YES
I try do do whatever I can for the co-angler!!
I was once one .

Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Houston Basscat] #14335398 04/05/22 08:06 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,127
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,127
No. Blind fan cast the area your given. If the boater is chasing wolf packs guess what, there’s more of em around than just what he’s seeing on the scope.




Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Houston Basscat] #14335399 04/05/22 08:07 PM
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 218
HDVS Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 218
You say there is no where for the co to cast. If there is water there is somewhere for them to cast!

Re: Is Livescope is Killing The Co-Angler? [Re: Houston Basscat] #14335401 04/05/22 08:08 PM
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 12,634
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 12,634
Buy your own boat and fish from the front, problem solved.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3