Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Insurance is a Scam [Re: Brent S] #14329161 03/29/22 11:52 AM
S
Samsonsworld Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Salesmen says how great their coverage is, the the weasel adjuster pays out as little as possible. They should all be shot.

Re: Insurance is a Scam [Re: Brent S] #14329185 03/29/22 12:16 PM
L
LoneStarSon Online Content
Private Dancer
Online Content
Private Dancer
L
Germania is excellent on home owners. We've kept them for 15 years, even if they aren't always the cheapest, because the customer service amid claims has been outstanding. The auto side was also excellent, except one time early on. Other than that time, it's been outstanding. The only reason I didn't go back with them when I bought my new car was they don't do online quotes. Also, our agent either quit or retired without letting us know, so that was odd... but I always recommend them for home owners.

Re: Insurance is a Scam [Re: Brent S] #14329205 03/29/22 12:38 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
My business property didnt go up to speak of. Kinda thought it would after a 90k hail claim. My personal house renewed after hail claim and didnt go up in november, the rest of my houses start renewing in sept so I will see then. You don't need it till you need it.

Re: Insurance is a Scam [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #14329253 03/29/22 01:23 PM
D
Donpilot Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
D
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
The one that was goofy was my roof leak. They paid to repair all of the damage caused by the water coming down inside a wall from the roof/wall seam (minus the deduction) but they wouldn't cover the repair of the roof to prevent a future leak. They said they would fix the future damage if it leaked again. Just goofy.

I had a limb fall on my neighbor's garage, no damage, only smaller limbs. Called insurance, they wouldn't cover removal. I ask who pays if I cause damage when I removed it myself. They said that was covered!

Re: Insurance is a Scam [Re: Brent S] #14329257 03/29/22 01:31 PM
D
Donpilot Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
D
Many years ago I called about my rate increase. Clean record, good credit etcetera. I said I haven't ever had a claim. Their answer 'you're due'.

Re: Insurance is a Scam [Re: LoneStarSon] #14329428 03/29/22 03:58 PM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
Germania is excellent on home owners. We've kept them for 15 years, even if they aren't always the cheapest, because the customer service amid claims has been outstanding. The auto side was also excellent, except one time early on. Other than that time, it's been outstanding. The only reason I didn't go back with them when I bought my new car was they don't do online quotes. Also, our agent either quit or retired without letting us know, so that was odd... but I always recommend them for home owners.

I would concur Germania is excellent

Re: Insurance is a Scam [Re: WAWI] #14329429 03/29/22 04:00 PM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
Originally Posted by WAWI
My business property didnt go up to speak of. Kinda thought it would after a 90k hail claim. My personal house renewed after hail claim and didnt go up in november, the rest of my houses start renewing in sept so I will see then. You don't need it till you need it.

I have been told hail is considered "Act of God" and isn't suppose to increase your premium. Now they will have premium increase for everyone if they have massive hail payouts, but not suppose to target an individual policy holder. This is what a few adjustors have told me

Re: Insurance is a Scam [Re: Brent S] #14329450 03/29/22 04:27 PM
M
MV Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
M
Many years ago State Farm hit me with a 500.00 increase on the house. This is when the mold was the problem. Never had any claim’s. I called asked why. Well we have to pay for all these claims. I said you pay not me. Changed company. Dump Farmers too. This was on principle. They put a 4.95 charge on bill for the under insurance . In stead of asking for a donation. Who knows where that money went.

Re: Insurance is a Scam [Re: Brent S] #14329460 03/29/22 04:42 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Pretty lucky here. Have been with Farm Bureau for many years. My local agent is amazing. Incredible customer service and would not dream of going elsewhere. Same with the agency owner. Just really good people that put their customers first. No increases here.

Re: Insurance is a Scam [Re: RedRanger] #14329480 03/29/22 05:03 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by RedRanger
Originally Posted by WAWI

I have been told hail is considered "Act of God" and isn't suppose to increase your premium. Now they will have premium increase for everyone if they have massive hail payouts, but not suppose to target an individual policy holder. This is what a few adjustors have told me

they target zip codes

Re: Insurance is a Scam [Re: Brent S] #14329495 03/29/22 05:22 PM
T Bird Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Go here and use this comparison tool. You'll be shocked at the B.S. the insurance companies are putting up. https://www.helpinsure.com/index.html

Thank you Texas Department of Insurance ( another bunch of worthless state bureaucrats). bang

Okie by birth, Texan by choice.
[Linked Image]
USAF "Thunderbirds" Alumni 1985-1989

Re: Insurance is a Scam [Re: Brent S] #14329507 03/29/22 05:41 PM
L
Leonardo1 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
L
Short and skinny on increasing premiums. 1) Rising claim cost for homes and autos. While building materials have increased it only plays a small part. There has been a significant increase in cars and their parts. The new technology is great but over a short timeframe the cost of a bumper is four to five times what it use to be. Average cost of a fender bender was <$1000 a few years ago and now its nothing for it to be $3k-$5k

2) Reinsurance is what controls the entire market, its the reason national and global events/catastrophe’s effect your individual premiums. There are a few dozen players in the reinsurance market, the likes of Warren Buffet, Zurich ect… In short they are required to carry a certain amount of $$$ in reserves based on the Total Insured Value they are backing. When there is excess capacity, premiums are cheaper, when capacity shrinks premiums rise. Premiums rise to increase their funds and also push buyers to different markets.

Ex. Louisiana has been hit multiple times over the last few years, one reinsurance market has experienced $1.2 billion in losses, which represents only 5.6% of their TIV in the state. They are actively trying to shed 25% of their book, this is being done by increasing premiums, non renewals ect…

Most of us are forced to play the game because we finance or its financially beneficial. I see many referencing their own claims history, risk pooling is the name of the game and I dont think many want to stand on an island especially when the time comes and you have to reimburse the company for claims paid through your own premiums.

Re: Insurance is a Scam [Re: Team Skeeterless] #14329515 03/29/22 05:51 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Team Skeeterless
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
You should always use a broker- not the single source places like farmers, all state, etc.

Totally disagree! Having been agency manager and now adjuster for almost 14 years I see independent agents or really any agent that needs to insure mobile homes get appoints through Foremost since they are basically only people to insure them and independents, State Farm, Farm Bureau and everyone but normally Farmers agencies since Farmers owns Foremost don’t know how to properly insure mobile homes. Keep on minds it’s on independents or agents that get appointments to store through multiple carriers to learn and understand what they are selling and I can tell you from lots of experience they either don’t take the time or understand anything other than they can find someone to provide a cheaper rate whether coverage is appropriate or not.

You probably think whole life is a good policy as well….😅

Re: Insurance is a Scam [Re: RedRanger] #14329583 03/29/22 07:44 PM
L
lconn4 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

I would concur Germania is excellent

[quote=LoneStarSon]Germania is excellent on home owners. We've kept them for 15 years, even if they aren't always the cheapest, because the customer service amid claims has been outstanding. The auto side was also excel on. Other than that time, it's been outstanding. The only reason I didn't go back with them when I bought my new car was they don't do online quotes. Also, our agent either quit or retired without letting us know, so that was odd... but I always recommend them for home owners.

thumb

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: Insurance is a Scam [Re: MV] #14329587 03/29/22 07:53 PM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
Originally Posted by MV
Many years ago State Farm hit me with a 500.00 increase on the house. This is when the mold was the problem. Never had any claim’s. I called asked why. Well we have to pay for all these claims. I said you pay not me. Changed company. Dump Farmers too. This was on principle. They put a 4.95 charge on bill for the under insurance . In stead of asking for a donation. Who knows where that money went.

Back then around 2000, Many customers with Farmers got cancelled for filing a water based claims, It was hard to get home owners insurance for people buying a home, The insurance companies told the Texas Department of Insurance to basically "Get Bent" and they proved that TDI had no bite in Texas, the Insurance companies defeated the Texas Department of Insurance.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide