Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: Mark Jones] #14327849 03/28/22 02:59 AM
T
T-Slab Offline
Angler
Angler
T
JHS. Nice edit! I don’t remember seeing Greg Hackney fishing today?? Must be a has been!

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: T-Slab] #14327859 03/28/22 03:10 AM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

Originally Posted by T-Slab
JHS. Nice edit! I don’t remember seeing Greg Hackney fishing today?? Must be a has been!

Was wondering where my comment went about Hackney. He is a has been. He has been a BASS AOY. He has been the winner of a few blue trophies and one day he will be the winner of a Classic. And we all know without a Classic or a BASS AOY you’ll never be considered one of the greats. Kids don’t go to bed dreaming about winning the redcrest in front of 7 fans or attending the “thunderbolt ball” or whatever [censored] name they came up with. It’s all about the Classic and the events surrounding it.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: J.H.S.] #14327870 03/28/22 03:23 AM
T
T-Slab Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Originally Posted by J.H.S.

Was wondering where my comment went about Hackney. He is a has been. He has been a BASS AOY. He has been the winner of a few blue trophies and one day he will be the winner of a Classic. And we all know without a Classic or a BASS AOY you’ll never be considered one of the greats. Kids don’t go to bed dreaming about winning the redcrest in front of 7 fans or attending the “thunderbolt ball” or whatever [censored] name they came up with. It’s all about the Classic and the events surrounding it.

roflmao according to grout-scout Wheeler is best all time!

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: J.H.S.] #14327879 03/28/22 03:43 AM
Walls Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Get off the gas. I like Hack a lot because he's a redneck like me, but he won't even win another tourney unless they hold it on a LA shallow mudhole that he's accustomed to. The game has passed him by and he has come back to BASS to bide his time.

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: Walls] #14327889 03/28/22 04:02 AM
S
SC-001 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by WALLS

Get off the gas. I like Hack a lot because he's a redneck like me, but he won't even win another tourney unless they hold it on a LA shallow mudhole that he's accustomed to. The game has passed him by and he has come back to BASS to bide his time.

Same for Mike Ike, I like him but he's getting his butt handed to him by youth this year.

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: grout-scout] #14327922 03/28/22 08:28 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by Dubee
Well it was something alright, maybe BS. Might as well let them re-weigh every fish they catch.

Do you feel the same way about BASS doing reweighs or just when BPT does it

When do they do reweighs 3 times? Is there a specific event you are thinking, so I can search for it?

I don't know how many times they are allowed to reweigh. But I'm talking about the Fork tournament every year

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: Dubee] #14327988 03/28/22 11:43 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Dubee

I don't know how many times they are allowed to reweigh. But I'm talking about the Fork tournament every year

I have never watched the entire Fork tournaments and I don’t know the number of times either, but yes. If a fish weighs the same thing twice, then that should be the weight. I’ll give the BPT a thumb for their camera work, but it’s obviously not for me with rules like this. They might as well allow them 5 re-weighs if the scales gonna read differently all the time.

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: Walls] #14327999 03/28/22 12:01 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

Hackney is in the mix this year for AOY.

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: Mark Perry] #14328057 03/28/22 01:02 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Hackney is in the mix this year for AOY.

Hackney has won around $4 million total, to include a Forrest Wood Cup on the FLW side and a AOY on the BASS side. He's done "alright" for a Louisiana transplant

Probably way before some's time but he was also highly successful as a very young angler in the Red Man series

#MFGA
Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: Mark Jones] #14328139 03/28/22 02:05 PM
HARD WORKN HAROLD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
In reference to Bobby Lanes fish, it was re-weighed twice according to the rule. The first weight was called 1-15, it was weighed again at 1-15, the third and last time , according to the rules, the weight was 2-0.The fish WAS NOT weighed more than three times, watch the replay. eeks

DON'T LET THE CLOTHES FOOL YA
Life is too short to fish with a dead cricket!
PB: wife of 40 years
Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: HARD WORKN HAROLD] #14328180 03/28/22 02:35 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by HARD WORKN HAROLD
In reference to Bobby Lanes fish, it was re-weighed twice according to the rule. The first weight was called 1-15, it was weighed again at 1-15, the third and last time , according to the rules, the weight was 2-0.The fish WAS NOT weighed more than three times, watch the replay. eeks

Not sure which comment you’re referring too. Here’s what I don’t like about it, if you’re referring to me. It was weighed twice and hit the same weight. Ok cool, makes sense. Then go for the third time and all of a sudden it weighs more and the oddball weight is the one that sticks??? None of it matters to any of us, but for conversation of it, why??? If the fish was the exact same weight 2 out of 3 times, why wouldn’t they use the law of averages? Yes it made for a dramatic finish, it just seems odd that in a game of ounces, they can lose on silly rules. I’m sure guys have lost on Bassmaster tournaments from silly rules too, but other than some out of bound DQ’s, I’m not sure what they were.

No reason for people to get their feelings hurt on my opinion FYI, it’s called conversation.

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: grout-scout] #14328208 03/28/22 02:54 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by HARD WORKN HAROLD

Not sure which comment you’re referring too. Here’s what I don’t like about it, if you’re referring to me. It was weighed twice and hit the same weight. Ok cool, makes sense. Then go for the third time and all of a sudden it weighs more and the oddball weight is the one that sticks??? None of it matters to any of us, but for conversation of it, why??? If the fish was the exact same weight 2 out of 3 times, why wouldn’t they use the law of averages? Yes it made for a dramatic finish, it just seems odd that in a game of ounces, they can lose on silly rules. I’m sure guys have lost on Bassmaster tournaments from silly rules too, but other than some out of bound DQ’s, I’m not sure what they were.

No reason for people to get their feelings hurt on my opinion FYI, it’s called conversation.

I agree with you- I think one reweigh in enough to confirm then go with it.

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: Walls] #14328337 03/28/22 04:21 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

Hackney is like 48 or 49. Biding his time for what? He probably has 10-15 more good years. More then some of those other big names do. Skeet Reese, KVD, Brent Chapman, Takahiro Omori, Chris Lane, ect.. haven't done anything in the mlf. Eventually the old names will go away and the new names will rise to the top. BPT has the most recognizable names (for now), but I wouldn't say they have the best anglers hands down. BASS made those guys, and they will make more.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: Mark Jones] #14328349 03/28/22 04:34 PM
W
westxbass82 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
How about that announcer on stage at the post game show? I thought it couldn’t get worse than Dave Mercer. I was wrong. I’d rather listen to Dave Mercer. Growlers are containers for beer, not announcers for fishing post game shows.

Re: MLF Redcrest [Re: emorydog] #14328351 03/28/22 04:36 PM
TylersReelFishing Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by emorydog
Originally Posted by Walker61
See above on the derby definition. It’s really not that complicated.

Well BPT is not open to the general public...so by definition its a little more complicated than not that complicated.

Originally Posted by emorydog
[quote=Walker61]See above on the derby definition. It’s really not that complicated.

It seems you’re very misinformed. All BPT events are open to the general public, and are 100% free to attend. I know this because I work on tour and am at every event. The same can’t be said about The Classic in Greenville this year. I had to pay $10 to park and still had to walk a long ways to get to the expo center. Both are fun events though filled with people who love bass fishing. If you can’t get on board with that, then you need to find a different sport to follow. I hear NBA players like to complain a lot, maybe start there

Yes, I am one of them "YouTubers"
Aggie Class of 2019

Check out my Youtube channel at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TylersReelFishing
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide