Decided To Get The Newest GT Ulua Rod by Okuma for 2021!

Along with this casting rod i matched it up with a Solterra SLX15CS Reel. I started using the original Okuma GT Ulua Rod from years back that was blue w/abalone inlay. Next came another blue model w/different stats that had no inlays. Now this rod is my newest Ulua Rod. The 1st Slider model. I like the light weight & SS butt. Still incorporates Hilo Style Guides.

Many shore casters don't know about the Solterra family of reels also by Okuma. I had the gold & black original that had a magnetic cast control. Now they come with dual Thrust Bearings for easy long distance casting. It's like trying to cast the original red Penn Senator 4/0 with Boca Bearings instead of factory originals. Yup, pretty exact comparison as i had it also years ago.

This is a nice balanced duo. I was latter chased out by the military parking their dive boat exactly in front of me without saying a word, or at least a warning that they were about to run over my lines or that they were going to work where i had already set-up. I don't mind finding a new spot, but it was rude that i had to reel in my line with no voice communications from the boat or the spotter kayak next to them.

Attached Files Ulua Rod Solterra Reel Cover.jpg

Traveled the World diving & fishing. Became a ranked billiard player in Asia. Won a few senior bowling tournaments. I travel to the US, Australia & Europe working with museums & doing educational lectures.