Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Me and B go to the Tennessee! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14089753 08/10/21 12:18 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
UPDATE:

We made it home safe and sound. Sadly not everyone did. On the first night of our trip we were fishing just north of the 431 Bridge and a barge passed us. A few miles up river a fisherman was killed when he was hit by the barge. Two other people in the boat jumped from the boat and were able to swim to safety. The fella that died was trying to get the boat to start and couldn't. I pray for his family. Tragic way to lose your life.

Full report on our trip coming later this morning.

Catfish Tim
๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ"If it doesn't have whiskers, it's just bait"๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ
Romans 8:1

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Me and B go to the Tennessee! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14089890 08/10/21 02:10 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
I made a light hearted comment in another thread about Texas fishermen not having to worry about barge traffic. But it is also a true statement. Barges cannot easily stop or steer. If you are boating in the designated channel, you have to be aware of this. Sad deal for the Scottsboro community.

Originally Posted by Razorback
Trump is Hitler!

Re: Me and B go to the Tennessee! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14089975 08/10/21 03:30 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
They say you want to keep your audience wanting more... Mission accomplished! Sorry for the delay fellas.

Sunday was a better night. We went up the river to the Stevenson area. We were just south of the Tennessee state line. We fished our way from the state line back to the ramp. We got off the water about 1:30 am and had to drive back to the hotel near Gadsden. Plus I had to stop at Waffle House to feed that boy. Lord can he put the food away! So, it was 4:00am before I hit the sheets. Monday was a travel day, we got back to the great state of Texas about 7:30 and got home an hour later. I was cooked. So here it is Tuesday morning and I'm just now getting this post together. We didn't manage any river monsters, but we did get some quality fish. Plus, one of them was a 24 pound flathead!

We fished Guntersville proper Saturday night and it was tough. Between the yacht club and the ell grass it was hard fishing. The grass made it hard to keep the planer boards out. The grass would pile up on them and they would start to sink. It made it tough to keep a sent trail going. All we got the first night was two five pounders.

Josh got us some fresh skipjack for Sunday and we went to a section of river that was practically deserted. We only saw a few boats and there was no grass. Much better conditions and the results proved it out. We missed on a couple, one good takedown B got on didn't stay buttoned. Bait looked like like it was a short bite. I had one that got snagged. We were fishing over a sunken wooden barge. He hung us up and we broke off.

Watching Josh use the side scan was very educational. The resolution of his Hummingbird was amazing. I can't wait until I get my new chart. After Sunday night we ended up with two 5s, a 20, a 24, a 27 and a 33. And a weekend full of great memories!

Tight lies and God Bless y'all.

Last edited by Catfish Tim; 08/10/21 03:31 PM.

Catfish Tim

Re: Me and B go to the Tennessee! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14090238 08/10/21 06:25 PM
K
KEGracing Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
Thanks for the update and thanks for sharing Tim. Sounds like you had a good trip.

Pictures on the first of your video bring back some good childhood memories. Grew up outside of Gadsden out in the country on the Coosa river. Fished and hunted Guntersville and Scottsboro, along with Weiss Lake. Those rock face bluffs were magic for fishing in the spring when the mayflies were hatching... find a little bush on the side of a rock bluff and shake it, flies hit the water, and fish were everywhere. Never knew what you would catch.

Ken

2006 Mako 191. Momma tired of slime on her boat
2014 Premier Alante 235 RF tritoon. Momma's boat. But I get to fish on her some

A country boy will survive... but those who cross him?

Cedar Creek personal best:
Blue Cat 31.55 lbs
Hybrid 6.2 lbs
Crappie 2.1 lbs
Tennessee River Blue 45.7
Re: Me and B go to the Tennessee! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14092351 08/12/21 01:23 PM
Bluecat Bob Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Looks like a great trip!

Retired from the grind and enjoying life and the great outdoors ### Formerly Texas Brit ###
Re: Me and B go to the Tennessee! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14092451 08/12/21 02:25 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Trip of a "Lifetime" ! Nicely done. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Me and B go to the Tennessee! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14092485 08/12/21 02:44 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Thanks fellas! I'm already trying to set up another trip. Gonna try for a Wilson/Wheeler trip this winter. It was so much fun and the flatty made the trip for me. That and getting B a new personal best...

Catfish Tim

Re: Me and B go to the Tennessee! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14092668 08/12/21 04:50 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by Catfish Tim
Thanks fellas! I'm already trying to set up another trip. Gonna try for a Wilson/Wheeler trip this winter. It was so much fun and the flatty made the trip for me. That and getting B a new personal best...

Don't ignore Nickajack. Stay in Chattanooga. Nice scenery and offers excellent trophy catfishing as well.

Originally Posted by Razorback
Trump is Hitler!

Re: Me and B go to the Tennessee! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14092678 08/12/21 04:55 PM
๐Ÿ€El Gato Azul๐Ÿ€ Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

More 100 lbrs come of of Wheeler than anywhere else in the country the last 5 yrs. Hope yโ€™all hang a century fish Tim! That is my dream!!

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
โš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธ Home of little boys holding big catfish! โš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธ
Re: Me and B go to the Tennessee! [Re: Fishin' Nut] #14092838 08/12/21 06:40 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Fishin' Nut

Don't ignore Nickajack. Stay in Chattanooga. Nice scenery and offers excellent trophy catfishing as well.

We were so far up the river Chattanooga was a lot closer than Gadsden where we stayed. I've seen a lot of big flattys pulled out of Nickajack...

Catfish Tim

Re: Me and B go to the Tennessee! [Re: ๐Ÿ€El Gato Azul๐Ÿ€] #14092840 08/12/21 06:41 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by ๐Ÿ€El Gato Azul๐Ÿ€

More 100 lbrs come of of Wheeler than anywhere else in the country the last 5 yrs. Hope yโ€™all hang a century fish Tim! That is my dream!!

Mine too brother, mine too. It's exciting soaking baits where you know those monsters are lurking. I love going over there...

Catfish Tim

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide