Forums59
Topics1,039,344
Posts13,963,203
Members144,201
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Jack46] #14061968 07/14/21 08:34 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Jack46
wh2004,
Do you have any idea what the point is of putting G-Juice on the bass and not in the livewell water?
Did you really see someone pour it on the fish’s scales or pour it down the fish’s throat/gills? I have never heard of pouring G-Juice on bass. I have heard of using instant mashed potatoes to clot bleeding though.

This “someone you saw purring G-Juice directly on to a bass” a B.A.S.S. official or TP&WD employee or a contestant?
Here’s something really odd I saw first-hand.

A few years ago I went to a Bob Sealy bass tournament on Lake Fork. The bass saver chemical called Rejuvenade was popular back then and was passed out to Sealy’s contestants in abundance plus the livewell chemical was FREE. Anything, everything FREE is always very popular and a big hit at bass tournaments especially if the contestant believes if it’s good for the bass and enables the contestant to get the bass to the weigh-master alive or alive enough to dodge a “dead fish penalty.” Everybody knows that it just takes 1 dead fish to lose the tournament money. Winning the tournament money is the whole point of winning bass tournaments for the majority of contestants.

The Rejuvenade salesman was at the live release boat peddling his wares, talking the talk. There were 4-5 people standing around listening to his Rejuvenade sales pitch. He use a lot of this chemical in the release boat holding tank, the water was dark blue, it looked and felt thick, dense more like an oily texture compared to the look, feel and texture of plain fresh Lake Fork water. The bass went wild when they were placed in the chemical dip in the release boat tanks. They immediately became hyperactive, unnaturally active like they were pumped on adrenaline or cocaine. Like a cat with its tail on fire. These bass definitely did not look or act normal after riding all day in a bass boat livewell 6-8 hours July tournament.

The most impressive thing I actually saw and have never forgotten was when this Rejuvenade salesman ask the guy with the DO meter to test the haul tank water DO that was chock full bass and this syrupy water full of Rejuvenade. I figured the guy with the DO meter was part of the salesman’s pitch.

The Rejuvenade salesman’s show was going very well until the guy with the DO meter put the meter probe into the haul tank water to test the DO, that’s when the show went terribly wrong in a heartbeat.

The guy’s DO meter immediately pegged off the meter scale, > 20 PPM. The meter went totally haywire. The water in the haul tank was only aerated with ambient air pumped a bubbler rock and could not possibly contain > 20 PPM DO. I looks and saw no big green O2 tanks on the release boat bubbling welding oxygen into the haul tank water.

The guy doing the DO test as well as the Rejuvenade salesman were totally baffled and neither had any idea why the DO meter was acting so erratic, abnormally pegging off the scale immediately every time he put the probe into that blue-green syrupy water containing the Rejuvenade.
The guy with the DO meter was dressed like a piney woods local and may easily have been a biologist from TP&WD Inland Fisheries undercover. Who in the world would go to Bob Sealy’s bass tournament years ago at Lake Fork with a DO meter and then be invited by the Rejuvenade salesman to test the DO in the release boat hauling tank full of bass and Reuvenade?

That was when I saw and learned something very unusual and verboten about that particular bass saver chemical called Rejuvenade.
That first-hand experience at Bob Sealy’s bass tournament was a real eye-popper for me. This was definitely not an intentional part of the Rejuvenade guy's sales pitch.

I bet Bob Sealy would not have appreciated this Rejuvenade demonstration at all if he had only know about it.

Sharing information and first-hand experience has value.

You are on O2 systems salesman who used to post here as Ol One Eye.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Jack46] #14061985 07/14/21 08:56 PM
W
wh2004 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W
I don’t know. I just saw him put It directly on the bass’ mouth.

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Jack46] #14061987 07/14/21 08:57 PM
W
wh2004 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W
Mark, I didn’t read his entire second post but that’s funny you called him on that. That’s exactly what I was thinking about his original post. Very salesmanesque like talk.

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Jack46] #14061993 07/14/21 09:09 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
popcorn

Jesus loves all of us
Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Mark Perry] #14062376 07/15/21 05:34 AM
J
Jack46 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Tranquilo Perry, I can tell that you got a big old thorny burr in your culo. No disrespect intended Perry, everybody catches a burr occasionally in life if they are lucky enough to live long enough.

Please let me to help you focus Perry, reorganize, eliminate your confusion, redirect your attention and your meaningless accusations to the right people and organizations. You seem like a fairly bright dude, let me help you get back on track here so to speak.

If you must point your finger and make unsupported accusations let’s first identify the real oxygen-injection system sales force in tournament bass world: It’s Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, Inland Fisheries Division Todd Driscoll et.al., B.A.S.S. Conservation Director Gene Gilliland and a hand full of outdoors writers who have been preaching, promoting and selling oxygen-injection technology to the tournament bass fishing industry for years including the summer 2001 Classic in central Texas.

Read the publications if you like, review the pics published about the 2021 BassMaster Classic fish care that was forced on 54 contestant bar none. You can bet those 54 contestants had absolutely no choice whether to use these oxygen-injection systems provided to them at no charge for the Classic this summer. Contestants not only got the oxygen-injection equipment FREE, but they also got the oxygen gas FREE too. All these fishermen had absolutely no say about using these oxygen-injection systems. They were all literally forced to use these oxygen-injection systems to transport their bass in their bass boat livewells.

I’m just sharing current knowledge and some fishery science with you Perry that you are clearly totally unaware of and probably could care less about. Here are the real oxygen-injection system promoters and salesmen. So, if it makes you feel better to point fingers and criticize folks, then point your little fingers at the right people and organizations.

Read this and you will know for sure who is and has been promoting and selling oxygen-injection systems for years to date. These people and originations definitely have an oxygen-injection system agenda and they are very persistent.

When teamed up with the same new tournament bass care agenda, the combination of B.A.S.S., TP&WD Inland Fisheries Department and TP&WD fish and game enforcement can change state regulations governing tournament bass fish care regulations. An average tournament bass fisherman may be able to see this hand writing on the wall after this summers Classic or well, maybe not.
Keeping Bass Alive, A Guidebook for Anglers and Tournament Organizers, ©2002, B.A.S.S. Montongery, Alabama By: Gene Gilliland, Gilliland is currently the B.A.S.S. National Conservation Director effective 2014 http://assets.espn.go.com/winnercomm/outdoors/bassmaster/pdf/Keeping_Bass_Alive.pdf

Fast Forward 7 years: Classic fish care plan hits home run with 98% live release, June 27, 2021, Classic fish care plan hits home run with 98% live release | Bassmaster You have obviously not seen this piece or the pics in this piece of contestants with these oxygen-injection systems the they were forced to use in their boats. The oxygen-injection equipment was provided to them by B.A.S.S. and TP&WD Inland Fisheries.

Enhanced fish care planned for Classic, May 29, 2021 Enhanced fish care planned for Classic | Bassmaster
Bassmaster Classic employs ‘advanced fish care’ initiative, July 1, 2021 by Matt Williams, July 1, 2021 Bassmaster Classic employs ‘advanced fish care’ initiative (beaumontenterprise.com)

OUTDOORS: Livewell Science, Tournament anglers encouraged to take extra steps to ensure good water quality, July 1, 2021 by Matt Williams

Livewell-Held Bass Require Special Care During Summer Months, By Todd Driscoll, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department https://hutdshow.com/article-2

To maintain livewell-held bass in the best possible shape, pure oxygen-injection systems (oxygen bottle, regulator, and fine-pore air diffuser) can be installed for under $300. Without question, lack of oxygen is the primary reason fish die in livewells.
Direct Oxygen Injection by Todd Driscoll, TP&WD U-Tube 6-8-2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-EP3d9v5y8

Todd is a Texas Parks & Wildlife Department Inland Fisheries Supervisor, District 3D, 900 CR 218, Brookeland, TX 75931 and tournament bass fisherman - Homemade oxygen injection system (prescription medical equipment build)

Livewell-Held bass require Special Care During Summer Months, by Todd Driscoll, TP&WD Article-Livewell-Held Bass Require | Hook’n Up & Track’n Down Show (hutdshow.com)

Livewell Aeration in Bass Boats, Canoes, Kayaks and more
Posted July 18, 2013, Published by Todd Driscoll, TP&WD Todd Driscoll’s Content - Page 3 - Bass Fishing Forums (bassresource.com)

Driscoll says, "I posted this info below on another thread from a couple of weeks ago. The pure oxygen-injection system described below is scientifically proved to be the best way to maintain oxygen levels in livewells. This system would be a great fit for your situation.
Without question, the absolute best way to maintain ideal oxygen levels under any condition is the use of an oxygen-injection system (bottle with pure oxygen, regulator, and fine-pore diffusers). The difference here is that we are injecting pure, 100% oxygen, whereas livewell pumps just inject air (21% oxygen).

I have been running this system on my boats for the last 3 years (over 40 tournaments) and wouldn’t have it any other way. Detailed info and equipment specs are provided at the link below. $300 will buy all that you need.
Because tournaments are so popular and frequent in Texas, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department fisheries biologists have conducted several scientific evaluations of fish care equipment to ensure that tourney anglers have the information to take best care of their fish and minimize tourney-related mortality. I have been involved in each of these evaluations. You can contact either me or the other fisheries biologists listed in the links below with specific questions."

Livewell oxygen-injection system - http://www.slideshare.net/raminlandfish/livewell-oxygen-injection-8773301

Oxygenators – how effective are they - http://www.slideshare.net/raminlandfish/the-oxygenator-how-effective-is-it

Oxygenation of Livewells to Improve Survival of Tournament-Caught Bass by Fishery Biologist Randy Myers and Jason Driscoll TPWP, Inland Fisheries Division, San Antonio, TX Publication 6/2011
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/didyouknow/inland/livewells.phtml

Livewell Oxygen Injection Systems by Fishery Biologist Randy Myers TPWD, Inland Fisheries Division, San Antonio, TX Publication 6/2011 https://www.slideshare.net/raminlandfish/livewell-oxygen-injection-8773301

Oxygen Set Uo for a Livewell System , U-Tube

These are only a few of the organizations and salesmen promoting and selling oxygen-injection systems to bass tournament organizers and contestants. There are many more.

Today there are some catfish tournament organizations that are requiring all their contestants to have on board and use oxygen-injection systems on their boats or they cannot fish in their summer tournaments.

This forum is about sharing experience, knowledge and fishery science for the more advanced tournament fishermen interested in the new best tournament bass care possible July 2021. All the underthinkers would never be interested in or even read about the new oxygen-injection technologies that so dranatically improve summer tournament survival. unless they were forced to use them for the good of the bass fisheries like new State tournament fishing laws with teeth; like hefty fines and sanctions attached for violaters, contestants, clubs and tournament officials.

This new tournament Bass care standard we saw demonstrated at this years Classic requiring contestants to use oxygen-injection system in their boat livewells sets a whole new tournament bass care precident that has never been done before this years Classic tournament. Today this new summer tournament bass care precident may affect the over thinkers and especially all the underthinkers. What is tournament bass conservation really worth to contestants, tournament officials and the public? Is this new tournamentr bass care personally worth anything at all or an annoyancem an inconvenience to put up with?

Perry, In my opinion, I believe we have witnessed a preview of the new summer tournament bass care precident established in the 2021 BassMaster Classic that improved tournament live release survival 98.4%. That's not only impreressive, but that''s extremely successfull.

Do you have any thoughts about this new oxygen-injection technology imposed on summer bass tournaments?

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Jack46] #14062382 07/15/21 06:23 AM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
eek2

Jesus loves all of us
Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Jack46] #14062430 07/15/21 11:32 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Cliff Notes?

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14062463 07/15/21 12:28 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Cliff Notes?

blablabla and end all tournaments so that there will be less fish mortality.

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Mark Perry] #14062479 07/15/21 12:40 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by SC-001
Them fish were floating in the state park later, just because you live release them doesn't mean they have long happy life afterwards.

Did you witness this yourself or just repeating what you heard? Those fish were weighed at the lake and not transported so the trip had nothing to do with it.

I talked to a few guys at the Tuesday night tournament a couple of days after the classic that said the same.. I didn’t see any personally and nobody had pics. Really felt like TPWD and BASS did a great job of minimizing the loss, still super happy to have had the classic here, it was a great experience.

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: grout-scout] #14062486 07/15/21 12:48 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Cliff Notes?

blablabla and end all tournaments so that there will be less fish mortality.

That ain’t happening. I’m going to one tonight. Lol

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14062539 07/15/21 01:25 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Cliff Notes?

Bunch O fish died because of the the Classic, catch weigh release is the way to go

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: BThomas] #14062563 07/15/21 01:45 PM
Cody Morrison Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I do not think that is how that went down. I actually think I stood in the water and fizzed a few fish. Our fish swam off just fine to the best of my knowledge.

Also I spend a lot of time on RR and never saw a single fish floating after the classic so I'm not sure people saying they were floating everywhere is the truth either.

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: SC-001] #14062590 07/15/21 02:02 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by SC-001
Cliff Notes?

Bunch O fish died because of the the Classic, catch weigh release is the way to go

2% is about 10 fish. Not sure that is a bunch of fish.

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Jack46] #14062741 07/15/21 04:28 PM
B
bloo_rainger Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
all I know is if a hundred crappie guides on Fork can go out and limit twice a day everyday and still keep catching them, we will never run out of BASS.

just saying

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Jack46] #14063504 07/16/21 02:28 AM
B
Bass-N-Buck Master Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Didnt read all post and most may know or most may not know, but they weighed 100% of the fish at the lake and let most only transport no more than 2 fish back to fort worth I drove some of the anglers from boat yard to arena every day if they had fish they had oxygen bottles and ice to keep the fish alive till they put them in TP&W holding tanks that transported them back to the lake.

BASS took every possible method to keep them alive, so if any were floating they were probably not the ones transported from fort worth. So if any died i would say it was less than 1-2%.
And didnt see any pics of this happening so far.
BASS should be commended not trashed by some. No trail major or minor is perfect.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide