texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
WR6819, 88champion, delaney304, TexasA&M, Southern Sports (The VI)
119384 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 121,798
hopalong 121,182
Bigbob_FTW 99,769
Bob Davis 88,249
John175☮ 86,096
Pilothawk 83,535
Mark Perry 73,306
Derek 🐝 68,418
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,047,059
Posts14,100,340
Members144,384
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: DFW Violence [Re: Douglas J] #14047162 06/29/21 11:14 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted by Douglas J
I was a medic in Dallas starting in 1991 and rode the ambulance until 2001. I spent all my time on the ambulance in the South Dallas and Pleasant grove areas. Two of the more "rough areas", at the time (still are today). My first 18 months was on the busiest ambulance in Dallas as well as the state of Texas and 9th busiest in the United States. My first year, 1991, was the deadliest in Dallas history and bodies were everywhere at the county morgue at Parkland. I then spent the next 9 years as just a "fireman" in a station on Hatcher St. (same area). So from 1991- late 2010 I saw day in and day out what life was like in Dallas. But, these were the parts of the city that were notoriously violent. Sadly, 1-2% of the people make those parts of town "rough". Most people are just trying to raise kids and live their lives.

In the early 90's the gang violence was out of control in Dallas and also there was a strong presence of very violent Jamaicans in the Fair Park area of S. Dallas. The Jamaicans controlled a lot of the drug trade and dolled out a lot of violence in the area. It seemed in the early 90's the majority of violence was in South Dallas, Pleasant Grove and parts of Oak Cliff. The difference in now is it's spread all over Dallas. There was a rise in violence all over the city after Katrina and the people who came and never left Dallas. Also a lot of the apartments built in the 70's-90's in Northeast, Northwest and North Dallas are older and a lot are government subsidized. As well as in some of the suburbs. Being a section 8 landlord can be very profitable.

The difference now is the violence is everywhere all around the metroplex today. Almost like the number of people with "violent tendencies" has increased. I suppose with an increase in the general population the number of people with "violent tendencies" has grown as well.

I am not too familiar with the west side and Tarrant County.

the DA stopped doing what they do ,the police stopped policing and the Texas "leaders" importing the nations hardcore criminals , what would one expect...The areas you speak of were always just vile but the areas were contained to small areas of town . Now we have more of the criminal minded with less police. What you seen in those places years ago , where some one could be shot on the street and the cops would not show up has now spread all over .

The schools have board members from chicago. I remember reading year ago on a forum which predominantly not white, post after post , how they have taken over the schools , the police dept, the local government system and were going to turn this b not white. They sad thing is they dont realize they have been used for nothing more than political tools/fools to flip Texas. Texas falls they all fall. What better way to destroy a state or nation with out nukes (for now) than to contain the worst and the best in one area and give the worst the upper hand.

Re: DFW Violence [Re: Tin Head] #14047164 06/29/21 11:17 PM
D
Douglas J Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Tin Head
I was a medic in Dallas starting in 1991 and rode the ambulance until 2001. I spent all my time on the ambulance in the South Dallas and Pleasant grove areas. Two of the more "rough areas", at the time (still are today). My first 18 months was on the busiest ambulance in Dallas as well as the state of Texas and 9th busiest in the United States. My first year, 1991, was the deadliest in Dallas history and bodies were everywhere at the county morgue at Parkland. I then spent the next 9 years as just a "fireman" in a station on Hatcher St. (same area). So from 1991- late 2010 I saw day in and day out what life was like in Dallas. But, these were the parts of the city that were notoriously violent. Sadly, 1-2% of the people make those parts of town "rough". Most people are just trying to raise kids and live their lives.

In the early 90's the gang violence was out of control in Dallas and also there was a strong presence of very violent Jamaicans in the Fair Park area of S. Dallas. The Jamaicans controlled a lot of the drug trade and dolled out a lot of violence in the area. It seemed in the early 90's the majority of violence was in South Dallas, Pleasant Grove and parts of Oak Cliff. The difference in now is it's spread all over Dallas. There was a rise in violence all over the city after Katrina and the people who came and never left Dallas. Also a lot of the apartments built in the 70's-90's in Northeast, Northwest and North Dallas are older and a lot are government subsidized. As well as in some of the suburbs. Being a section 8 landlord can be very profitable.

The difference now is the violence is everywhere all around the metroplex today. Almost like the number of people with "violent tendencies" has increased. I suppose with an increase in the general population the number of people with "violent tendencies" has grown as well.

the DA stopped doing what they do ,the police stopped policing and the Texas "leaders" importing the nations hardcore criminals , what would one expect...The areas you speak of were always just vile but the areas were contained to small areas of town . Now we have more of the criminal minded with less police. What you seen in those places years ago , where some one could be shot on the street and the cops would not show up has now spread all over .

The schools have board members from chicago. I remember reading year ago on a forum which predominantly not white, post after post , how they have taken over the schools , the police dept, the local government system and were going to turn this b not white. They sad thing is they dont realize they have been used for nothing more than political tools/fools to flip Texas. Texas falls they all fall. What better way to destroy a state or nation with out nukes (for now) than to contain the worst and the best in one area and give the worst the upper hand.

the "bad people" also seem to have out reproduced the "non bad people"

#MFGA
Re: DFW Violence [Re: Teeners boat] #14047173 06/29/21 11:27 PM
Dognot Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Teeners boat
Violence is increasing everywhere. No punishment to equal the crime confused 3

The southern countries have emptied they're jails on Texas....Get ready it's coming......JMO

Sometimes what didn't work out for you, did in fact, work out for you.

Haters going to hate and believers are going to believe.

Every man has two lives,The second one starts when he realizes that he has only one.

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”
Re: DFW Violence [Re: Douglas J] #14047182 06/29/21 11:38 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted by Tin Head

the "bad people" also seem to have out reproduced the "non bad people"

The folks in the you tube comment section see the writing on the wall

vic 1964
vic 1964
1 hour ago
America is at war ..

MrJamberee
1 hour ago
Houston residents are now fleeing to safer cities, like Chicago.
texas legend
texas legend
1 hour ago
It’s past time to call in DPS and National Guard.

Aelo Balthrop
Aelo Balthrop
1 hour ago
Shootings everyday in Houston. Wtf is going on?
Steve Ladner
Steve Ladner
1 hour ago
Don't worry...the police is running undercover operations to write citizens tickets for not wearing a seatbelts or going 5 mph over the speed limit...

Re: DFW Violence [Re: Douglas J] #14047187 06/29/21 11:42 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
this police chief in chicango looks very familiar , just cant put my finger on it. hammer They are all playing musical chairs in these cities so the blame wont land on any of them . Chicango , Dallas , all the same

police ordered off of their regular assignments

Last edited by Tin Head; 06/29/21 11:45 PM.

Re: DFW Violence [Re: Douglas J] #14047188 06/29/21 11:43 PM
Fishingking Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Cops responded to a call I placed and when they finally showed up I was advised that they were 4 days behind.

Re: DFW Violence [Re: Douglas J] #14047198 06/29/21 11:50 PM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Something must be going right.

Tear downs in oak lawn/oak cliff are $500,000.00. Vacate lots in East Dallas near city place, if you can find one, are $500,000.00. Construction cranes are everywhere building upscale apartments and condos. Bishop arts is booming as is State Thomas, and pretty soon Victory Place will built out,and I’ll bet there are 100s of millions of dollars in planned buildings as part of the Medical District. A lot of companies are high on Dallas.

Re: DFW Violence [Re: leethefishking] #14047224 06/30/21 12:11 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
house cleaner
Online Content
house cleaner
Originally Posted by leethefishking
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by Teeners boat
Punishment should be 100X the crime, even on a 1st strike. Maybe that would make them stop & question if it's worth it.

This comes up often when discussing rising crime. I get both sides, but I really don’t think enhanced sentences deter crime. For one, criminals already don’t care about prison for the most part, otherwise they wouldn’t risk 5-100 years for whatever crime they commit. There is a lot that goes into sentencing and mandatory minimums also put people in prison way longer than they should be when misapplied.

But I don’t think stronger sentencing would have an impact, except maybe because criminals would be locked up longer, but parole and prison overpopulation are already major issues. It’s a pretty complex issue that has many other issues tangled within it.
It’s an inconvenient truth but longer sentences don’t have to be a deterrent. The truth is by having criminals locked up longer it lessens their opportunity to recidivate which lowers crime. This is why dropping cash bail showed an immediate negative result.

Exactly what I was getting at and acknowledging in my second paragraph.
thumb

[Linked Image]
Re: DFW Violence [Re: Fishingking] #14047258 06/30/21 12:37 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted by Fishingking
Cops responded to a call I placed and when they finally showed up I was advised that they were 4 days behind.

cops responded to my mom being harassed this morning , shes 85, perp was non white in his late 20s. She took a seat in the store to take a break and the animal told her to get up because he wanted to sit down. She got up and left to not anger the non white kid. He follows and starts to close in on her , she screams . Cops are called and cops run in to question my mom , while animal slips out the side door , never to be seen again. Shes a vicious old lady and luckily the officers contained her first...... Talk about privileged

Re: DFW Violence [Re: TR176] #14047262 06/30/21 12:38 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted by TR176

Tear downs in oak lawn/oak cliff are $500,000.00. Vacate lots in East Dallas near city place, if you can find one, are $500,000.00. Construction cranes are everywhere building upscale apartments and condos. Bishop arts is booming as is State Thomas, and pretty soon Victory Place will built out,and I’ll bet there are 100s of millions of dollars in planned buildings as part of the Medical District. A lot of companies are high on Dallas.

ah , to be young again.....

Re: DFW Violence [Re: Zipster] #14047350 06/30/21 01:42 AM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Zipster
Originally Posted by butch sanders
Originally Posted by Zipster
Originally Posted by steveiam
I was robbed and shot on January 31st, 1980.
In Dallas-
So that’s all I got, there was violence then.

I was shot in a road rage incident in 85. Got run off of the road and then shot by the A hole that did it. Violence has always been here.

what happened to A-hole?

His Rich Daddy paid off the DA and he got probation. Me- I got thousands in medical bills, lost a year of work, and partial use of my hand/arm.

do you know where A-hole is ?
i am sorry this happened to you

Re: DFW Violence [Re: Douglas J] #14047354 06/30/21 01:43 AM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

great synopsis

Re: DFW Violence [Re: Douglas J] #14047357 06/30/21 01:49 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Most originates in Arlington

Re: DFW Violence [Re: TR176] #14047378 06/30/21 02:11 AM
Fishingking Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by TR176

That's because of the California liberals moving here

Re: DFW Violence [Re: WAWI] #14047472 06/30/21 03:49 AM
D
Douglas J Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by WAWI
Most originates in Arlington

eeks

#MFGA