texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
WR6819, 88champion, delaney304, TexasA&M, Southern Sports (The VI)
119384 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 121,803
hopalong 121,182
Bigbob_FTW 99,785
Bob Davis 88,297
John175☮ 86,096
Pilothawk 83,535
Mark Perry 73,308
Derek 🐝 68,418
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,047,074
Posts14,100,658
Members144,384
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: DFW Violence [Re: Teeners boat] #14046502 06/29/21 02:48 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
house cleaner
house cleaner
Originally Posted by Teeners boat
Punishment should be 100X the crime, even on a 1st strike. Maybe that would make them stop & question if it's worth it.

This comes up often when discussing rising crime. I get both sides, but I really don’t think enhanced sentences deter crime. For one, criminals already don’t care about prison for the most part, otherwise they wouldn’t risk 5-100 years for whatever crime they commit. There is a lot that goes into sentencing and mandatory minimums also put people in prison way longer than they should be when misapplied.

But I don’t think stronger sentencing would have an impact, except maybe because criminals would be locked up longer, but parole and prison overpopulation are already major issues. It’s a pretty complex issue that has many other issues tangled within it.

[Linked Image]
Re: DFW Violence [Re: leethefishking] #14046564 06/29/21 03:48 PM
D
Dave-0 Online Content
DYSON
Online Content
DYSON
D
Originally Posted by leethefishking
Originally Posted by avid_basser
There's an increase of violence everywhere, but it seems to be in cities that are hamstrung with politics that impede the ability for justice. The decrease in legislation around crime and those who commit the crimes, makes it easier for those who care less about the law and others. Until we wake up as a society and starting holding the criminals to a stricter form of law / consequences this will continue.

We also need to look into teaching respect, honor, and accountability, very early on in children's lives. My generation was taught young about drugs, crime, and how to be an upstanding citizen. Now days, this is gone and it seems the thug mentality wins.
I agree 100%

We took God out of schools, the teachings of right and wrong. We don't say the Pledge of Allegiance any more. But yet, we expect different consequences. We took away morals and ethics from teaching in schools and this is the byproduct.

Laws won't fix a sin problem. What this world needs is a revival, change of the heart. ~The Skipper

Age is a number. Old is a lifestyle.
Re: DFW Violence [Re: Duck_Hunter] #14046596 06/29/21 04:09 PM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by Teeners boat
Punishment should be 100X the crime, even on a 1st strike. Maybe that would make them stop & question if it's worth it.

This comes up often when discussing rising crime. I get both sides, but I really don’t think enhanced sentences deter crime. For one, criminals already don’t care about prison for the most part, otherwise they wouldn’t risk 5-100 years for whatever crime they commit. There is a lot that goes into sentencing and mandatory minimums also put people in prison way longer than they should be when misapplied.

But I don’t think stronger sentencing would have an impact, except maybe because criminals would be locked up longer, but parole and prison overpopulation are already major issues. It’s a pretty complex issue that has many other issues tangled within it.
It’s an inconvenient truth but longer sentences don’t have to be a deterrent. The truth is by having criminals locked up longer it lessens their opportunity to recidivate which lowers crime. This is why dropping cash bail showed an immediate negative result.

Re: DFW Violence [Re: Douglas J] #14046684 06/29/21 05:23 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
FBI and DOJ have annual reports that track this for the entire country if you want to look it up. I think it is on an uptick currently, but 2020 distorted some of those stats.

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/ucr

https://www.justice.gov/usao/resources/annual-statistical-reports

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: DFW Violence [Re: Douglas J] #14046689 06/29/21 05:25 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T

Walt Whitman
Re: DFW Violence [Re: butch sanders] #14046694 06/29/21 05:27 PM
Z
Zipster Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Z
Originally Posted by butch sanders
Originally Posted by Zipster
Originally Posted by steveiam
I was robbed and shot on January 31st, 1980.
In Dallas-
So that’s all I got, there was violence then.

I was shot in a road rage incident in 85. Got run off of the road and then shot by the A hole that did it. Violence has always been here.

what happened to A-hole?

His Rich Daddy paid off the DA and he got probation. Me- I got thousands in medical bills, lost a year of work, and partial use of my hand/arm.

Re: DFW Violence [Re: Douglas J] #14046695 06/29/21 05:28 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T

Walt Whitman
Re: DFW Violence [Re: txmasterpo] #14046700 06/29/21 05:31 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

the air force base is red? WTH?

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: DFW Violence [Re: Douglas J] #14046717 06/29/21 05:49 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
D
I was a medic in Dallas starting in 1991 and rode the ambulance until 2001. I spent all my time on the ambulance in the South Dallas and Pleasant grove areas. Two of the more "rough areas", at the time (still are today). My first 18 months was on the busiest ambulance in Dallas as well as the state of Texas and 9th busiest in the United States. My first year, 1991, was the deadliest in Dallas history and bodies were everywhere at the county morgue at Parkland. I then spent the next 9 years as just a "fireman" in a station on Hatcher St. (same area). So from 1991- late 2010 I saw day in and day out what life was like in Dallas. But, these were the parts of the city that were notoriously violent. Sadly, 1-2% of the people make those parts of town "rough". Most people are just trying to raise kids and live their lives.

In the early 90's the gang violence was out of control in Dallas and also there was a strong presence of very violent Jamaicans in the Fair Park area of S. Dallas. The Jamaicans controlled a lot of the drug trade and dolled out a lot of violence in the area. It seemed in the early 90's the majority of violence was in South Dallas, Pleasant Grove and parts of Oak Cliff. The difference in now is it's spread all over Dallas. There was a rise in violence all over the city after Katrina and the people who came and never left Dallas. Also a lot of the apartments built in the 70's-90's in Northeast, Northwest and North Dallas are older and a lot are government subsidized. As well as in some of the suburbs. Being a section 8 landlord can be very profitable.

The difference now is the violence is everywhere all around the metroplex today. Almost like the number of people with "violent tendencies" has increased. I suppose with an increase in the general population the number of people with "violent tendencies" has grown as well.

I am not too familiar with the west side and Tarrant County.

#MFGA
Re: DFW Violence [Re: Douglas J] #14046761 06/29/21 06:14 PM
GROD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Simple…. Criminals are getting more and more “rights” everyday. Media is the biggest criminal of them all… fueling and creating racism instead of just reporting ALL the news honestly and accurately. No accountability for ones actions anymore.

Re: DFW Violence [Re: Douglas J] #14046762 06/29/21 06:15 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
The news media has an agenda. The violence is and has always been there.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: DFW Violence [Re: Douglas J] #14046879 06/29/21 07:25 PM
B
Bass-N-Buck Master Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
F the ACLU they stick up for these animalistic thugs over the victums. I understand they must stick up for americans but these are animals and must be removed from earth.....

Re: DFW Violence [Re: Douglas J] #14046885 06/29/21 07:30 PM
B
Bass-N-Buck Master Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Douglas J
I was a medic in Dallas starting in 1991 and rode the ambulance until 2001. I spent all my time on the ambulance in the South Dallas and Pleasant grove areas. Two of the more "rough areas", at the time (still are today). My first 18 months was on the busiest ambulance in Dallas as well as the state of Texas and 9th busiest in the United States. My first year, 1991, was the deadliest in Dallas history and bodies were everywhere at the county morgue at Parkland. I then spent the next 9 years as just a "fireman" in a station on Hatcher St. (same area). So from 1991- late 2010 I saw day in and day out what life was like in Dallas. But, these were the parts of the city that were notoriously violent. Sadly, 1-2% of the people make those parts of town "rough". Most people are just trying to raise kids and live their lives.

In the early 90's the gang violence was out of control in Dallas and also there was a strong presence of very violent Jamaicans in the Fair Park area of S. Dallas. The Jamaicans controlled a lot of the drug trade and dolled out a lot of violence in the area. It seemed in the early 90's the majority of violence was in South Dallas, Pleasant Grove and parts of Oak Cliff. The difference in now is it's spread all over Dallas. There was a rise in violence all over the city after Katrina and the people who came and never left Dallas. Also a lot of the apartments built in the 70's-90's in Northeast, Northwest and North Dallas are older and a lot are government subsidized. As well as in some of the suburbs. Being a section 8 landlord can be very profitable.

The difference now is the violence is everywhere all around the metroplex today. Almost like the number of people with "violent tendencies" has increased. I suppose with an increase in the general population the number of people with "violent tendencies" has grown as well.

I am not too familiar with the west side and Tarrant County.

Well tarrant county went blue in the last big election so expect crime to rise there.

Re: DFW Violence [Re: Douglas J] #14047006 06/29/21 09:00 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
it's a blue run city, with blue bosses, blue citizens....just another urban [censored] hole now, like any other urban [censored] hole

Walt Whitman
Re: DFW Violence [Re: Patriot7Six] #14047129 06/29/21 10:49 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted by Patriot7Six
Now that Trump is out the media needs something to put on the front page, "if it bleeds, it leads"

that train left the station long ago. Now days there is a agenda. They have radicalized and armed the domestic terrorist. Now they are putting them in your face to raise racial tension. They are pushing a civil war, chaos. The playbook has been played throughout history , germany comes to mind.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide