Print Thread
Page 8 of 20 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20
Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #14032912 06/15/21 06:26 PM
J
JWC Nauticstar Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Hit the water from Farris Branch Ramp Saturday. No good report from me. We fished for black bass for an hour and a half till the wind died down then went out hitting about 4 community places. Only caught 4 sandies. 2 just east of the island, 1 down at Meadowmere and 1 out on Murrell east point. Never did graph any large schools. I didn't go west and I guess I should have.

Last edited by JWC Nauticstar; 06/15/21 06:27 PM.
Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #14033035 06/15/21 08:21 PM
rkd Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Thanks for the update. Had the pontoon out on Saturday afternoon and only had an hour or two so we trolled. Nothing fancy. Only fished two places-Murrell and the island. Caught a decent fish on every pass over the deeper end of Murrell point. No fish around the island. I only brought slabs and a few rattletraps so we were very limited in what we could fish with. Caught fish on both and my guess is we were in the middle of the water column. Would let the lures sink to bottom before starting our pass but those lures don't stay down for long when trolling. We made passes along the shallower edges of Murrell but no fish. Stupid how the pleasure boats (yes, I was in a pontoon but you know who I'm talking about) would make a point to go between us the shoreline. They have the whole lake and choose that narrow gap between where we were trolling and the shoreline. My wife (who is new to fishing and boating) couldn't figure out if they were just dumb or....flat out didn't care.

Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #14034150 06/16/21 06:46 PM
P
prosise Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Two weeks into chicken wing surgery. Rotator cuff tear, slap tear, bicep tendiosis. First 4 days were brutal... Doing great.. Did some weed eater work one armed, and helped my son mow one armed (self propelled mower).. Stir crazy, rebuilding reels and doing projects. Crazy hot out there, will prob go out with my son and look around a little in the next few weeks. Not going to fish, Dr says be good or you will regret it. Hope all are well..

Prosise

Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #14034155 06/16/21 06:52 PM
B
bronco71 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted by prosise
Two weeks into chicken wing surgery. Rotator cuff tear, slap tear, bicep tendiosis. First 4 days were brutal... Doing great.. Did some weed eater work one armed, and helped my son mow one armed (self propelled mower).. Stir crazy, rebuilding reels and doing projects. Crazy hot out there, will prob go out with my son and look around a little in the next few weeks. Not going to fish, Dr says be good or you will regret it. Hope all are well..

Prosise

cheers

1987 Nitro MX185/Mercury Black Max 150
1999 Triton TX21/225 Mercury Optimax
Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #14034966 06/17/21 01:50 PM
rkd Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
I had the same surgery Prosise. I'm a runner, play competitive soccer, and lift weights every day...not including fishing every chance I get. To go from that to keeping my arm in a sling all day/night is a tough deal. I'd get so frustrated with the sling I would take it off and get yelled out immediately by either my wife or the doctor. Stay patient and do your PT. Doc kept telling me it was VERY easy to re-tear everything and we'd have to do it all over again. I was in decent shape before the surgery, did my PT (both at home and in the clinic), and it still took about a year before I was more or less back to normal. Fish aren't going anywhere...they'll be there when you're ready to get back. Where ever "there" is.....it hasn't been under my boat as of late!

Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #14038577 06/21/21 04:19 AM
P
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Little man helped me out today, he drove most of the day and loaded the boat for me. Took him and a friend of his out scouting. Launched at Farris, as we exited the tire barrier at the end of the marina the sandbass were schooling. We picked up a few small fish, and then headed out looking around. We checked all the main points and ledges on the north side all the way to the beach.. Nothing seen, and no bait. Worked back on the south side with nothing seen in the bait department out on main points/ledges. Seeing some big fish out on the ledges at Meadomere, but no takers. Was hoping they were bass. Worked back to the mouth of scotts landing and the sandbass schooled from 6pm to dark. I think we could have stayed there all day. Maybe 1 fish in 20 was a keeper, but right at dark up close to the point with the boat ramp we caught some good ones.. Using med cordell spoon, the blade bait, and a larger slab. Casting to the fish, and working it back.. Boys had a blast, but was tough on me. Trying to reel with a bad chicken wing made me look like a tourist.. I protected the arm, and did what i could with the other. Probably have some funny video of me landing fish. I reeled upside down, sideways, and just about every other way you could think.. Prob caught 200ish fish with about 20 keepers. i probably caught about two dozen, the boys did all the work today. The young man that came with us is a mega fisherman, but only fishes ponds. He had never experienced the sandbass, so it was more of a treat for me than him.. He is a natural, and will be spending more time out with us. Good seeing honest, courteous kids that say thank you at the end of the day.. He caught the two biggest fish, and I am going to get him a care package together as the prize for the big fish.. Mason caught a good one, but he was holding it in the water for a picture and it got away.. Was a blessed day, slightly busy out on the lake but not as bad as I expected. We fished until dark, as the ramp had prob a 100 trailers, didn't want to fight this and we didn't have to wait long.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tourist Fisherman

Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #14038607 06/21/21 09:43 AM
F
fonzie_r0cks Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
I was across the lake from you... fished rockledge park, took the kayak out but didn’t bother unloading it jet skies were bad. Was happy to see the GW out... anyways didn’t fish for long with the amout of ppl swimming but did catch about 10 small sandies was happy for that, no keepers but still fun.
[Linked Image]

Wild Hog Removal
817-823-8939
Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #14040817 06/23/21 01:11 PM
M
Marlin Rando Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
The One armed Bandit!! You make it look easy sir. Looks like the boys had a blast . Took my son out a week ago and each only caught a dink SB. He enjoys being on the boat even if fishing is slow. We were doing good before all this rain so hopefully it’ll pick back up .

Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #14041761 06/24/21 12:20 PM
J
JWC Nauticstar Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Hit GV Wednesday afternoon. I did not catch one sandie. I hit 4 spots and returned to a couple to no avail. I marked tons of fish but could not get them to bite. They were stacked on the graph and looked to be set up to be easy to catch, but no luck for me. Slabs, crankbaits & mepps. From 3:30 till 7 was all I could stand. I know I left early.

Last edited by JWC Nauticstar; 06/24/21 12:21 PM.
Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #14041860 06/24/21 02:26 PM
O
Old Birdeye Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
O
I caught one fish Tuesday morning. It's weird. The water is still very off color to me.

Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #14044017 06/26/21 06:13 PM
F
fonzie_r0cks Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
I kayaking out here today so far just caught one by Meadowmere park

Wild Hog Removal
817-823-8939
Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #14046182 06/29/21 03:44 AM
P
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Chicken wing escaped the home front.. Figured out a way to fish, spinning rod in my right hand, turning the handle with my left. Fished for bass from 9 to 1pm, then changed to sandbass. Found herds of schooling sandbass between rock ledge park and below the big white hotel.. When the rain came in I found a empty boat slip to hide in, rain was coming down pretty nice. Went back and they were still schooling. Mostly small fish, hit a couple rock piles and caught some nice crappie.. One had a black stripe down the top of the fish, and lines on the mouth..

Had some good video to share, but im too tired.. here is a short video from my cell phone.. The shad they were chasing were about 3/4" long ..

Strange crappie. Looked it up (Black nose Crappie)..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 06/29/21 12:23 PM.
Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #14048357 06/30/21 10:59 PM
F
fonzie_r0cks Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
I’ll be out at meadowmere Sunday in my kayak really liking the no wake area hopefully I make make something happen!

Wild Hog Removal
817-823-8939
Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #14048517 07/01/21 01:55 AM
P
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Launched about 10am and then Mason came out after lunch. Brutal heat today, no wind and we continually kept water flowing on our clothes. Bass fishing was suprisingly good, but it is a strange lure/pattern. Sandbass out hunting shad all over the lake, and moving fast. I focused on Crappie for the first part of the day and it was not that good. Caught some, but it was tough. When Mom dropped off mason at Dove ramp, we headed up the lake looking aroung. NOTE: Meadomere and Dove ramps are not open.. Caught sandbass all over the lake, but all were small. The schools are moving fast looking for the small bait that is out. Surface temp of the lake is 86-88 deg F, but drops quickly down below the 5 ft range. If you know any bow hunters, tell them it is a shooting gallery up the lake just north of the Beach.. Thousands of spot tail gar are right up on the bank in a 200 yard stretch.. We caught several nice ones, and sent them packing. I would like to go up and put a dent into their numbers if I had working arms.. They are not spooked, and you can have a field day with a bow.

Highlight of the day, I ran into a couple at the ramp that were leaving. Sterling and Rebecca were pulling out with their john boat. She hooked a big blue and got it up to the boat, it got off while landing. It was a great story, and the video they shared with me was even better. I gifted some items to their fishing cause, and they stopped by the house this afternoon. Was a delight to meet them, and seeing a couple out enjoying the fun of fishing was even better.

Last edited by prosise; 07/01/21 02:11 AM.
Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #14050787 07/03/21 02:24 AM
P
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Got up early and looked like the storms were not going to move into our area. Launched at 6am, and fished for the green fish until mid morning. Fishing was good, and I fished in areas I normally do not work. I did fish some on the dam with a small swim bait, which worked pretty good. There is a ton of bait, I saw large masses of bait all over the lake. About 2pm'ish I headed west to murrell point and the sand bass were schooling everywhere between the Hotel and Murrell point. Large schools were pushing up very small bait, but they were all small. No Birds.. Eased over to Murrell point and looked around, at the high spot out on the end I saw something hugging the bottom. Small riddell jig started picking up Goo, and it did not stop for a while.. I met a TFF fisherman and they were looking around, and troubleshooting a engine issue. Went over to Meadomere right on the drop way out in the lake, and started picking up Goo again. Very strange day, but when I catch gaspergoo I typically pick up a big catfish or Bass. I did hook one good fish, but it was too powerful and came off. Beautiful day out, and the rain cooled things down. Have not caught any magnum Sandies in a long time, will find them soon. Need the water to drop down below the brush line and force the fish/bait out of the cover. I think I found some bigger fish, but I was not able to get them to bite. Stay safe, I am not going to be on the lake during the 4th of July Zoo..

God Bless and take care all..

Last edited by prosise; 07/03/21 02:27 AM.
Page 8 of 20 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide