Forums59
Topics1,039,368
Posts13,963,450
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: where will bass fishing tournaments be 10 years from now? [Re: beartrap] #13992146 05/10/21 07:20 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Let me add one more. LUNKERSTV has 1.21 MILLION followers. He has more than all of the tournament organizations combined, TV is DEAD! hung

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: where will bass fishing tournaments be 10 years from now? [Re: grout-scout] #13992168 05/10/21 07:40 PM
M
MagFluker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Let me add one more. LUNKERSTV has 1.21 MILLION followers. He has more than all of the tournament organizations combined, TV is DEAD! hung

LOL but MLF has the most ratings in the world!

Kyle in NC

PB 11.1

Re: where will bass fishing tournaments be 10 years from now? [Re: beartrap] #13992178 05/10/21 07:54 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Bass fishing will just keep on bass fishing. Technology will change things but there will always be bass fishing of some sort. There are a lot more non tournament anglers than tournament anglers and many of them will keep on keeping on. Tournaments will still be around as well. Even today with front facing sonar the "in thing" we are seeing more events being won without it than with it.

Re: where will bass fishing tournaments be 10 years from now? [Re: beartrap] #13992227 05/10/21 08:32 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Duckett tried to buy BASS, multiple times, they told him no. I don't see there ever being a merger but one of the two might eventually go out of business as was rumored was going to happen to FLW before they were acquired.

Re: where will bass fishing tournaments be 10 years from now? [Re: grout-scout] #13992239 05/10/21 08:41 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
[quote=ChanceHuiet]

the problem now is COVID and people being paid to sit on the lake while collecting unemployment. I pray that when Texas finally gets smart and cuts off unemployment to people who should be working, that the lakes become less crowded again.

Probably best point in this thread, our public lakes are becoming more and more pressured, its insane how much has happened this last year, its not good for the resource. If population keeps growing here you will see fishing season and boat limits per day on smaller lakes like you do out west, you can say this it Texas and that will never happen but Texas is changing and changing rapidly. Folks who don't have access to private water don't realize how much pressure affects fish and how much easier they are to catch without it. I'm honestly surprised private water fishing leasing haven't taken off yet, you never heard of a duck lease 15 years ago now they're everywhere like deer leases. I'm sure at one point you can go back far enough that a deer lease wasn't a thing.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 05/10/21 08:43 PM.
Re: where will bass fishing tournaments be 10 years from now? [Re: beartrap] #13992246 05/10/21 08:49 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
It's still going to be bass fishing. Yes, us that like it will like it, but it will never be main stream. Will always be a overalls and spit can kind of sport.

"Growing the sport" is a catchy phrase the corporate machines push to grow their bottom line.

#MFGA
Re: where will bass fishing tournaments be 10 years from now? [Re: ChanceHuiet] #13992271 05/10/21 09:12 PM
Insurance man Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet
In 10 years if it keeps going the way it is, I won't even own a fishing pole. I can't hardly stand being on a lake on a weekend as it is now. All this grow the sport [censored] has taken alot of the fun out of it for me. Constantly being cut off and cussed at by idiots that don't know jack about courtesy. Had a guy cut me off 2 weeks ago by anchoring 20 feet in front of me as I'm fishing down a bank just so he could try and catch his 10" crappie. Then proceeded to MF me for getting to close to him and thinking I own the water. Took everything I had to not end up in jail.

This^ by boat is for sale on here now. Think I will just buy a creek and river boat.

Re: where will bass fishing tournaments be 10 years from now? [Re: beartrap] #13992282 05/10/21 09:19 PM
H
Hulapoppin Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Thanks to the cartels there is still one lake in Texas that is not over crowded. Evidently all the guy’s that own the water on all the other lakes don’t have the balls to fish Falcon. Thank you El Chapo!

Re: where will bass fishing tournaments be 10 years from now? [Re: grout-scout] #13992302 05/10/21 09:33 PM
B
beartrap Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet
In 10 years if it keeps going the way it is, I won't even own a fishing pole. I can't hardly stand being on a lake on a weekend as it is now. All this grow the sport [censored] has taken alot of the fun out of it for me. Constantly being cut off and cussed at by idiots that don't know jack about courtesy. Had a guy cut me off 2 weeks ago by anchoring 20 feet in front of me as I'm fishing down a bank just so he could try and catch his 10" crappie. Then proceeded to MF me for getting to close to him and thinking I own the water. Took everything I had to not end up in jail.

Yep, same for me, I’m sick of the inconsiderate idiots.

But I don’t blame “grow the sport”, that’s BS. The “sport” was way larger back in the 70’-80’s, the problem now is COVID and people being paid to sit on the lake while collecting unemployment. I pray that when Texas finally gets smart and cuts off unemployment to people who should be working, that the lakes become less crowded again. Truth be told, if 4 million people moved here in the last 10 years, it’s just natural that our lakes will be more crowded unfortunately.

The OP’s point is beyond stupid, Duckett & Klein have grown nothing. rolleyes If he wants to prove that they have grown anything, tell me how many tournaments use the MLF format??? Like maybe 1 in 50?
And the only people that watch fishing on TV is old geezers, anybody that matters in 10 years is using a phone, laptop or tablet.

Jacob Wheeler, the greatest angler on the BPT/MLF has around 115k Youtube followers.

Ben Milliken who fishes NOTHING has 429k followers.

There’s your answer to what’s gonna happen in 10 years, professional tournaments are on their death beds.

go back and read the original post again.....the important point is that Boyd duckett,gary klein and others have grown their tournament format to being the most popular outdoor show on TV,expanded the TV exposure from 30-40 hours to over 800 hours and the TV,venue and sponsor income is going into the pockets of the fishermen instead of a few owners...

Re: where will bass fishing tournaments be 10 years from now? [Re: beartrap] #13992327 05/10/21 09:55 PM
L
lconn4 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Someone will always be working on a better mousetrap. The rich will get richer, the poor will get poorer, and some of the rich will get poorer.

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: where will bass fishing tournaments be 10 years from now? [Re: Brent S] #13992351 05/10/21 10:14 PM
D
dk2429 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted by Brent S
We need more lakes. They are getting very crowded.

And please put some around Houston so us bass guys can fish a nice lake 30 mins from home

Majek 22 Extreme/225 Optimax Pro XS hauled by a 2500HD Duramax

Re: where will bass fishing tournaments be 10 years from now? [Re: beartrap] #13992380 05/10/21 10:43 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by beartrap

go back and read the original post again.....the important point is that Boyd duckett,gary klein and others have grown their tournament format to being the most popular outdoor show on TV,expanded the TV exposure from 30-40 hours to over 800 hours and the TV,venue and sponsor income is going into the pockets of the fishermen instead of a few owners...

Ok, I re-read it and still think you’re smoking a crack pipe. You said BASS would be done, right now, they are in the drivers seat. Every prediction that Boyd made, has failed to come true. Housewives aren’t flocking to them, they have to pay entry fees again; because the sponsor money isn’t there. It’s all a bust as of now. Their viewership numbers are dismal...did you see the Lunkers TV numbers??? That single one guy is crushing the BPT.

I’m not trying to beat on you, but you are clueless to how the world has changed. 100k people watching a show doesn’t mean squat to anyone. CornHole ratings on ESPN get higher numbers than fishing, BASS of MLF/BPT.

I get it, you’re like super duper proud of Duckett and Klein, maybe he’s your son or something, I don’t know...but they aren’t ever going to have paid athletes like real sports. Fishing is only fun to watch for a few of us and I do agree that the over crowding will be a bad thing, you just don’t realize the real reason for the crowding.

Re: where will bass fishing tournaments be 10 years from now? [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13992384 05/10/21 10:47 PM
Mike Zachary Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
[quote=ChanceHuiet]

the problem now is COVID and people being paid to sit on the lake while collecting unemployment. I pray that when Texas finally gets smart and cuts off unemployment to people who should be working, that the lakes become less crowded again.

Probably best point in this thread, our public lakes are becoming more and more pressured, its insane how much has happened this last year, its not good for the resource. If population keeps growing here you will see fishing season and boat limits per day on smaller lakes like you do out west, you can say this it Texas and that will never happen but Texas is changing and changing rapidly. Folks who don't have access to private water don't realize how much pressure affects fish and how much easier they are to catch without it. I'm honestly surprised private water fishing leasing haven't taken off yet, you never heard of a duck lease 15 years ago now they're everywhere like deer leases. I'm sure at one point you can go back far enough that a deer lease wasn't a thing.

What ive noticed in my area is that the finesse fishing (ned rig and spinning reels) is what is winning and placing high in tournaments. I don't enjoy fishing that way. If that is what its going to my competition days may be numbered.

Re: where will bass fishing tournaments be 10 years from now? [Re: beartrap] #13992434 05/10/21 11:28 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Without more lakes being built I figure the growing will top out and people will start finding other things to do. Kind of like golf. It will still be crowded but people will start to quit.
As far as tournaments, they will be basically the same. Theres only so much you can do to a fishing tournament. I could see mandatory video in the boat soon.
BASS and MLF, me personally, I dont see much changing. If anything I think MLF shrinks as TV shrinks and viewers leave. I think BASS probably wont grow but will stay steady basically like they have been. I really think the bpt goes away and they change back to the selects and let the FLW points get you in to the selects and then you can make the cups.

Re: where will bass fishing tournaments be 10 years from now? [Re: beartrap] #13992448 05/10/21 11:38 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
'Lectric motors.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide