Forums59
Topics1,039,271
Posts13,961,998
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: The other GIANT found floating dead at Fork - 19.62 pounds!! [Re: Ken A.] #13954706 04/10/21 04:03 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D

I ain't watching any YouTube videos. You said he worked closely with LFT in their early days. So I looked him up. He was born in 85. LFT was started in the late 80's or early 90's I believe.[/quote]

Yea, I wouldnt expect you to accept any facts that go against your opinion/beliefs....and thats why im wrong so often in your eyes. I prefer actual facts to alternative facts...but hey, theres that nit picking I knew would come. Im sorry that my definition of "early days" isnt up to snuff for you. Ill work on that.

I know it doesnt matter since im wrong and dont know what qualifies as "early days" but he literally said he lived in the Lake Fork Tackle store at one point....not sure how much closer you can get than that....but again it doesnt really matter since you dont watch youtube vids but will google rackleys birth year, and I have no idea what "early days" means, at least in the correct sense 🤷‍♂️

Im just drinking beers....so feel free to keep pointing out how im wrong. I love bringing facts to an alternative facts/omitted facts discussion...fun times.[/quote]

Dude, you are the one ignoring facts. He was probably in kindergarten when LFT was in its early days as you put it. I never said he didn't have anything to do with them. [/quote]

Whatever you say bub. i have a feeling you are never wrong 🤔[/quote]
I'm wrong all the time and have no problem admitting when I am. So prove me wrong and I'll admit it. Show me where he was heavily involved with LFT in their early days. Lets define their early days as their 1st 5 years of existence

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: The other GIANT found floating dead at Fork - 19.62 pounds!! [Re: Ken A.] #13954709 04/10/21 04:10 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Dubee

I'm wrong all the time and have no problem admitting when I am. So prove me wrong and I'll admit it. Show me where he was heavily involved with LFT in their early days. Lets define their early days as their 1st 5 years of existence

roflmao
you sure its not the first 4 years that counts as "early days"? I wanna be sure I get it right since it seems like semantics is more important than substance and the facts of the matter. the more I think about it, if we are drawing arbitrary lines in the sand to insure that we are on the right side of the argument maybe we should go with 1-2 years as the "early days" since many businesses fail in their first year.

but ill admit it. I was 100% wrong and you were right about whatever you were right about. Feel free to keep pointing out my wrongs tho...this was pretty entertaining to see how far youd stretch to be right.

Re: The other GIANT found floating dead at Fork - 19.62 pounds!! [Re: bockscar] #13954712 04/10/21 04:13 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
the cherry on top....

LFT was started in the late 80's or early 90's I believe.

you dont even know when LFT was started! I love how imprecise you allow yourself to be...while demanding absolute accuracy from everyone else. Must be nice to just have that truthiness factor to all you speak. kinda jealous to be honest...must be nice.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by bockscar; 04/10/21 05:01 AM.
Re: The other GIANT found floating dead at Fork - 19.62 pounds!! [Re: bockscar] #13954717 04/10/21 04:16 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by bockscar
the cherry on top....

you dont even know when LFT was started! I love how imprecise you allow yourself to be...while demanding absolute accuracy from everyone else. Must be nice to just have that truthiness factor to all you speak. kinda jealous to be honest...must be nice.

You have issues

Re: The other GIANT found floating dead at Fork - 19.62 pounds!! [Re: bockscar] #13954718 04/10/21 04:17 AM
D
Dr JL Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted by Dr JL
Originally Posted by grout-scout
I’m just thinking,- If you say, I want to catch a 17 plus lb bass in Texas or die trying, where would you go?
Where would you go?
WHERE would you go?
I know where I would go. history tells me.

Camelot Bell???

Good choice no doubt.
I have been there as much as anybody from 2012-now.
I have fished many public lakes as well, targeting only dd bass.
To me, I stand by my answer-Fork.
However, a friend of mine who has caught so many giant bass that it is ridiculous says to never get married to one lake. I agree.
Who really knows though?
That’s the fun part.

are you a swimbait guy? I think if I had the patience id do that a ton....i think the big one is gonna come on something big. Kinda like all the A rig success at Ivie

Not really, I’m not sure. Big baits or a-rig stuff often do the trick though.
I like fishing whatever tech is needed.
The live scope/360 stuff is a new ballgame. Seriously obsessed anglers using that tech may catch a new record or break multiple lake records. Deep fish especially in the winter that have never been targeted and deep spawning fish that have never been seen are now at risk.
Big fish weigh more in the winter leading up to and during the spawn. Live scope is a great winter deal. 360 can see deep spawning bass. You can learn to target only big ones so it’s getting to be like target practice out there. Things are changing, but history tends to repeat itself.

Re: The other GIANT found floating dead at Fork - 19.62 pounds!! [Re: Dubee] #13954721 04/10/21 04:24 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
the cherry on top....

You have issues

yea, its called being right despite some guy on the internet trying to tell you you are wrong. I wish you knew what these issues were like and could know what pains im going through 🤷‍♂️

Last edited by bockscar; 04/10/21 04:25 AM.
Re: The other GIANT found floating dead at Fork - 19.62 pounds!! [Re: Ken A.] #13954723 04/10/21 04:28 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

The live scope/360 stuff is a new ballgame. Seriously obsessed anglers using that tech may catch a new record or break multiple lake records. Deep fish especially in the winter that have never been targeted and deep spawning fish that have never been seen are now at risk.
Big fish weigh more in the winter leading up to and during the spawn. Live scope is a great winter deal. 360 can see deep spawning bass. You can learn to target only big ones so it’s getting to be like target practice out there. Things are changing, but history tends to repeat itself.

Ive actually heard some of the swimbait guys in the facebook groups mention big baits as being able to "find big fish" because I guess the big baits call the bigs and they follow...dont always commit but ive heard that multiple times that some guys use swimbaits to locate the bigs. of course they arent gonna admit to following up with a senko LOL....but I have for sure heard them mention big baits making the bigs show themselves.

Look up Oliver Ngy on Youtube...he might give you the itch like he gave Iaconelli!

Last edited by bockscar; 04/10/21 04:28 AM.
Re: The other GIANT found floating dead at Fork - 19.62 pounds!! [Re: Ken A.] #13954725 04/10/21 04:34 AM
D
Dr JL Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
True yes. I’m a sight fisherman at heart, but now sight fishing is not just my eyes but my tech., so why not embrace all that.
I’m willing to learn from anybody! Whatever it takes.

Re: The other GIANT found floating dead at Fork - 19.62 pounds!! [Re: Dr JL] #13954728 04/10/21 04:40 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
True yes. I’m a sight fisherman at heart, but now sight fishing is not just my eyes but my tech., so why not embrace all that.

if youre on facebook swimbait nation is a pretty good group to ask swimbait stuff. lots of drama....but if you post asking for tips youll always get some good responses from some dudes that really know what they are doing. Lots of [censored] there...but its easy to weed through! LOL

Re: The other GIANT found floating dead at Fork - 19.62 pounds!! [Re: Ken A.] #13954735 04/10/21 05:06 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
popcorn2

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: The other GIANT found floating dead at Fork - 19.62 pounds!! [Re: bockscar] #13954834 04/10/21 12:46 PM
Ken A. Offline OP
Groovy
OP Offline
Groovy

if youre on facebook swimbait nation is a pretty good group to ask swimbait stuff. lots of drama....but if you post asking for tips youll always get some good responses from some dudes that really know what they are doing. Lots of [censored] there...but its easy to weed through! LOL

I used to post on SB Nation and gopt tired of all the back-biting and little girl drama. It was worse than BBC.

I agree the Live Scope technology will change bass fishing and potentially show us new lake records on multiple lakes. However, just my opinion but I feel a fish over 18.18 is a Unicorn. It is in a whole different universe from even a 15 pound fish.

Re: The other GIANT found floating dead at Fork - 19.62 pounds!! [Re: Ken A.] #13954869 04/10/21 01:30 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Ken A.

I used to post on SB Nation and gopt tired of all the back-biting and little girl drama. It was worse than BBC.

I agree the Live Scope technology will change bass fishing and potentially show us new lake records on multiple lakes. However, just my opinion but I feel a fish over 18.18 is a Unicorn. It is in a whole different universe from even a 15 pound fish.

Oh yeah its all drama in the swimbait groups! its funny how theres cliques for builders, people that feel the need to criticize new builders...and general [censored] that always keep the pot stirring there. You do get some good posts and good help from people tho if you can stand that stuff 🤦‍♂️

As a kid, teen and younger adult I did lots more catfishing canals and rivers....so Ive always heard rumors of Volkswagen size catfish that are deep and no one can catch at my local lake. fishermans tale of course....but now with all the new technology....the funky behavior of giants (i hear some Ivie giants were caught "shallow" in deep water which seems counter intuitive)...i think stuff will open up. But you are right....every pound over probably that 13 mark that SAL uses is probably really a blessing and had lots of right happening to get even that big. We will see...but I do honestly believe that there are some really old and really big fish that are in places we either cant get our bait or have been conditioned to know the places where most of us stay away from and what NOT to bite! LOL

Re: The other GIANT found floating dead at Fork - 19.62 pounds!! [Re: bockscar] #13954888 04/10/21 01:48 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
the cherry on top....

You have issues

yea, its called being right despite some guy on the internet trying to tell you you are wrong. I wish you knew what these issues were like and could know what pains im going through 🤷‍♂️

It's cute that you think you are right

Re: The other GIANT found floating dead at Fork - 19.62 pounds!! [Re: Ken A.] #13954901 04/10/21 02:01 PM
D
Darin S. Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Brock was over his 3 beer limit last night.
roflmao

Originally Posted by Westside.
I hate everything
Re: The other GIANT found floating dead at Fork - 19.62 pounds!! [Re: Darin S.] #13954909 04/10/21 02:09 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Darin S.
Brock was over his 3 beer limit last night.
roflmao

Yep

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide