Forums59
Topics1,039,368
Posts13,963,446
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Found some beds with the LiveScope! [Re: KevinHebert] #13948634 04/06/21 12:58 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Good stuff! cheers

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Found some beds with the LiveScope! [Re: KevinHebert] #13948645 04/06/21 01:07 AM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
The reason I said tilapia was the fact that they actually dig a hole out in the bottom such as the video. Bass beds typically are just cleaned out areas instead of actually removing sediment material. In grass they will make a hole somewhat but normal bottoms usually the bed Is just a clean area with slight depression

Re: Found some beds with the LiveScope! [Re: Hulapoppin] #13948650 04/06/21 01:09 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Hulapoppin
Originally Posted by Hook'em79
Did you catch her? That was crazy clear and now I am looking forward to getting my livescope installed this week to try and see what we can find.

Hook’em79 I just installed mine a few weeks back and now I wish someone had explained to me how much time was going to be dedicated to learning this system. I don’t have the perspective view mount so I can’t speak to that but I can say that the forward facing live scope is a pain in the azz to deal with, constantly having to mess with the gain, forward range and depth range. If anyone is interested in a cheap, slightly used transducer and black box just look in the classifieds section here in a couple weeks.

Right there with ya! I have a $1500 transducer on a $2000 screen....so I can flip bushes in 1-2ft of water. Hahaha. Figure I will eventually learn it and use it though this summer when the deep bite picks up.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Found some beds with the LiveScope! [Re: KevinHebert] #13948652 04/06/21 01:10 AM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
I didn't know travis, decker and lbj had tilapia either. They never stocked them but they 100 percent all have big populations of them. Found them spawning in each lake

Re: Found some beds with the LiveScope! [Re: KevinHebert] #13948757 04/06/21 02:18 AM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Pretty Cool!

Re: Found some beds with the LiveScope! [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13948781 04/06/21 02:28 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
The reason I said tilapia was the fact that they actually dig a hole out in the bottom such as the video. Bass beds typically are just cleaned out areas instead of actually removing sediment material. In grass they will make a hole somewhat but normal bottoms usually the bed Is just a clean area with slight depression

but then you use your electronics/tools and see that the fish in the picture is definitely 24 inches and likely a little bigger since the meat of the body filled up one entire 2 foot square. World record Tilapia is 24 inches......for it to be a tilapia itd have to be a world record....not sure texas waters hold world record tilapia. Considering the fishes likely size based on whats shown on the unit, the deeper hole would make more sense than a world record tilapia...at least to me....i kinda think im decent with electronics 🤷‍♂️

Re: Found some beds with the LiveScope! [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13948880 04/06/21 03:56 AM
TajChauvin Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta

I’ve seen many of bass beds that were dug out holes. Head to Athens and you will find some large ones.

Re: Found some beds with the LiveScope! [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13948956 04/06/21 11:29 AM
H
Hulapoppin Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Did you catch her? That was crazy clear and now I am looking forward to getting my livescope installed this week to try and see what we can find.

Hook’em79 I just installed mine a few weeks back and now I wish someone had explained to me how much time was going to be dedicated to learning this system. I don’t have the perspective view mount so I can’t speak to that but I can say that the forward facing live scope is a pain in the azz to deal with, constantly having to mess with the gain, forward range and depth range. If anyone is interested in a cheap, slightly used transducer and black box just look in the classifieds section here in a couple weeks.

Right there with ya! I have a $1500 transducer on a $2000 screen....so I can flip bushes in 1-2ft of water. Hahaha. Figure I will eventually learn it and use it though this summer when the deep bite picks up.

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

. I’m just hoping I can catch some crappie on the brush piles this summer, I can’t see me catching a suspended bass with it, hell I can’t even see my bait on the screen most of the time, 20 degree beam angle is not very wide, I can skip a buzz bait in a hole the size of a grapefruit but can’t seam to get one in front of the transducer! Every time I mess with that thing I think man I hope my grandpa ain’t watching from above right now!

Re: Found some beds with the LiveScope! [Re: Hulapoppin] #13949234 04/06/21 02:33 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I’m just hoping I can catch some crappie on the brush piles this summer, I can’t see me catching a suspended bass with it, hell I can’t even see my bait on the screen most of the time, 20 degree beam angle is not very wide, I can skip a buzz bait in a hole the size of a grapefruit but can’t seam to get one in front of the transducer! Every time I mess with that thing I think man I hope my grandpa ain’t watching from above right now!

Just put in that time. I think A LOT (most people imo) of people have the thinking that once you buy expensive electronics you become a graphing god....and its not like that at all....like at all! LOL People underestimate the skill it takes to not only know what youre looking at while graphing....but how to combine that with your fishing knowledge to fully utilize the graphs and find fish efficiently....and also how much time it takes to master graphing.

More people do not have the high end units than do....so there is a lack of understanding in the challenge....but also lots of self rationalization when people make it seem like expensive things = expert fisherman 🤷‍♂️

Re: Found some beds with the LiveScope! [Re: EastTexasBassin] #13949419 04/06/21 04:13 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by EastTexasBassin
Wow. That's impressive.

cheers

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide