Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Darin S.] #13937773 03/26/21 08:54 PM
K
kellisag Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Did I hear them right that Ott is in the lead right now, just no service for the scoretracker to update?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Darin S.] #13937784 03/26/21 09:16 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
That was close, Clausen and Lucas lost big fish that would have given them the win, don't know if Spohrer didn't lost some keepers that cost him the win too.

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Darin S.] #13937795 03/26/21 09:23 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Oh man Luke saying "you screwing with me" with they updated him on Otts catch, IDK I have ever seen someone spun out that bad. He wasn't dead sticking that senko anymore with how he was catching them just blank stare and constant cast and retrieve, he mentally lost it, those fish weren't going to bite him fishing that fast.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 03/26/21 09:23 PM.
Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: UTDmiller] #13937798 03/26/21 09:28 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by UTDmiller
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Originally Posted by Big O Florida

One doesn’t have to be tuned in to know... just looking at the score tracker will tell you. A year ago they changed the minimum from 1lb to 2lb to try and mitigate the image they were earning as “mostly little fish” - but even 2lb minimum isn’t going to help them shake that image if this is what they are going to do with frequency. I am all for a legal length (by jurisdiction) fish being eligible for score, but in the majority of formats being employed by other tournaments, those barely legal length fish aren’t going to win you anything, and rightfully so. Ott can sit on that pod of little fish all day and win this thing; and that’s just further exposing the flaw in the system they use. Perhaps 3lb minimum would have been more appropriately for this event?

This just in.... it's how they score the game. It's not a flaw, it's on purpose and he's playing the game by the rules the anglers and the league developed. Why can't you come to terms with the fact that you're not a part of the decision making team? Lol

I can just imagine the MLF director of TV production now calling into the ear piece of the Marshall that’s with Ott, reminding him this is a TV show to be broadcast in 3 months time and telling him to just stay put, but we they need to create some suspense and drama, so to start throwing hookless baits only and to shake the biters off until a couple other of the players can catch up. And then with a half hour to go and he’s behind in weight he can put hooks back onto his baits and start catching them again for the last minute win!

Why is it not so hard to imagine that scenario, score tracker has had him without catch for a little while now? lmfao

You going to back up your accusations with any facts? Im betting not because you never do, clown

Did I call how it would all play out in the end or what? Isn’t that exactly how it happened in the end? Ott catches nothing for 1.5 periods until a couple guys caught up and then in the closing minutes Ott lands 3 dinks for the win.

Is it really that hard to imagine that’s why it played out like it did? It goes to TV land in August! It will take 4 weeks to air the whole tournament. It’s all about the suspense and drama baby!

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Darin S.] #13937800 03/26/21 09:30 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Ott is one of the best. He's proven that in every format he has ever fished, but it is ironic and eye opening that mighty Sam was won on a string of 2lbers. It really does highlight the major major differences in the two formats. In a 5 fish format Clausen beats Ott by around 5lbs today. Sphorer would have also beat Ott. I'm not saying one is right and one is wrong, but they are very different. Lots of traditional 5 fish guys will never like this format because of this exact scenario. So just to clarify Mark and Dubee, I'm not criticizing. I enjoyed watching. Just pointing out some facts as I see them.

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Darin S.] #13937804 03/26/21 09:36 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
I can't believe it was won up the river in that dirty water, Lucas should have won this thing going away 5 fish or MLF format but he lost those giants this morning.

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Darin S.] #13937807 03/26/21 09:38 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Congrats to Ott. I absolutely hate the format of the BPT. Hope more of the top guys come back to real tournament fishing.

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Big O Florida] #13937808 03/26/21 09:38 PM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U

You going to back up your accusations with any facts? Im betting not because you never do, clown[/quote]

Did I call how it would all play out in the end or what? Isn’t that exactly how it happened in the end? Ott catches nothing for 1.5 periods until a couple guys caught up and then in the closing minutes Ott lands 3 dinks for the win.

Is it really that hard to imagine that’s why it played out like it did? It goes to TV land in August! It will take 4 weeks to air the whole tournament. It’s all about the suspense and drama baby!
[/quote]

So youre saying Ott has no integrity and faked it all day?

John Miller
Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13937809 03/26/21 09:39 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Ott is one of the best. He's proven that in every format he has ever fished, but it is ironic and eye opening that mighty Sam was won on a string of 2lbers. It really does highlight the major major differences in the two formats. In a 5 fish format Clausen beats Ott by around 5lbs today. Sphorer would have also beat Ott. I'm not saying one is right and one is wrong, but they are very different. Lots of traditional 5 fish guys will never like this format because of this exact scenario. So just to clarify Mark and Dubee, I'm not criticizing. I enjoyed watching. Just pointing out some facts as I see them.

I have ZERO issue with anyone’s honest feedback on watching MLF or BASS. That ending was flat crazy but that’s exactly what it’s built for, drama. In a BASS event you wouldn’t see any of that and you’d still be sitting there watching the weigh in roll...

Some people love it, others don’t but that drama is way more fun to me as a viewer. Can’t wait for Heavy Hitters!

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Mark Jones] #13937817 03/26/21 09:47 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Mark Jones

I have ZERO issue with anyone’s honest feedback on watching MLF or BASS. That ending was flat crazy but that’s exactly what it’s built for, drama. In a BASS event you wouldn’t see any of that and you’d still be sitting there watching the weigh in roll...

Some people love it, others don’t but that drama is way more fun to me as a viewer. Can’t wait for Heavy Hitters!

How did I predict the exact scenario of how this would play out a full 3 hours before the tournament ended? Replying to one of your messages nonetheless. Am I clairvoyant or is MLF that predictable?

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13937819 03/26/21 09:48 PM
K
kellisag Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K

You can't really compare it that way because they are different formats and the guys that are consistently at the top have figured out how to play the game. 10-2lbers are just as good as 5-4lbers

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13937822 03/26/21 09:49 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D

I have no problem with someone criticizing. I have no stake in it. I just don't like boobs who constantly post made up bs. I would feel the same way if they were doing that about any company

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Darin S.] #13937830 03/26/21 10:01 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
I don't bass fish at all myself but I love watching the MLF format. I am all about action and numbers when I fish so I guess this is why I enjoy it

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Darin S.] #13937832 03/26/21 10:03 PM
J
J2H1 Offline
Angler
Angler
J
I think the MLF format is the best. Each contestant knows where he stands and can change his strategy at any time. If you watch it, its like a race. You know the winner at the final gun. All the fish have been released immediately which reduces mortality rate. The fish aren't being trailered 30 or 40 miles to a weigh in site playing the drama game like a cheesy TV game show.

The smoke in the background is a controlled burn of the forest underbrush. The do this in every area periodically.

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: J2H1] #13937835 03/26/21 10:08 PM
mlatham Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
Enjoyed watching all week. The guy on top of Lucas today is a turd. What the hell....

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide