B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by june-bug
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by TylersReelFishing
You realize that an enormous amount of BASS pros fish the "AAA" Opens right? And they as well are proud when they finish good in those too. People just wanna fish for a living man. Just let this go

I am not a proponent of BASS Elite anglers doing the same in the Opens, either. First of all, It takes away a spot for those trying to qualify when there is already a waiting list. I realize the MLF/Big 5 AAA may not have that waiting list as an issue, but that’s besides the point; and yes, the pro that is stepping down to fish AAA by default is deemed having an advantage from a skill standpoint.

Actually it takes nothing away from those trying to qualify for the Elites. If an angler who is already in the Elite series finishes in the top of points at end of season he is then double qualified and it simply moves down a spot to the next angler in the standings.

It does take away available spots in the open tournaments when there is a waiting list. It also dilutes the chances of someone else getting a check.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF vs. NPFL live this week [Re: Big O Florida] #13916093 03/09/21 01:52 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
You realize that an enormous amount of BASS pros fish the "AAA" Opens right? And they as well are proud when they finish good in those too. People just wanna fish for a living man. Just let this go

I am not a proponent of BASS Elite anglers doing the same in the Opens, either. First of all, It takes away a spot for those trying to qualify when there is already a waiting list. I realize the MLF/Big 5 AAA may not have that waiting list as an issue, but that’s besides the point; and yes, the pro that is stepping down to fish AAA by default is deemed having an advantage from a skill standpoint.

Actually it takes nothing away from those trying to qualify for the Elites. If an angler who is already in the Elite series finishes in the top of points at end of season he is then double qualified and it simply moves down a spot to the next angler in the standings.

It does take away available spots in the open tournaments when there is a waiting list. It also dilutes the chances of someone else getting a check.

So what!

If an angler is fishing the opens to qualify for the Elites, they should welcome the added competition. If they don’t want to compete against Elite anglers, then,OBVIOUSLY, they shouldn’t be competing for a spot to fish against them on a regular basis. roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: MLF vs. NPFL live this week [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13916146 03/09/21 02:25 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Oh no......... Not again

Jesus loves all of us
Re: MLF vs. NPFL live this week [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13916193 03/09/21 02:50 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

So what!

If an angler is fishing the opens to qualify for the Elites, they should welcome the added competition. If they don’t want to compete against Elite anglers, then,OBVIOUSLY, they shouldn’t be competing for a spot to fish against them on a regular basis. roflmao

It has nothing to do with the added competition or competing at that level; it has to do with there not being enough room at the open level tournaments to accommodate someone who’s already made it into the elites. Not to leave without mention, someone who has already made it into the elites is more likely than one who is just getting into the opens as having been provided the latest electronics, etc... I equate it to NASCAR Cup series drivers in a team/shop that has all the resources of competing at that level also competing in the Xfinity series races and taking the winners money each race even if the points don’t count against the full time drivers of that series. That’s the same kind of deal to me... the guys who have made it into the “pro series” circuits should keep out of the lower levels.

Re: MLF vs. NPFL live this week [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13916220 03/09/21 03:04 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I will be watching and supporting both of them! cheers

I have a couple friends fishing the NPFL and wish them well in the new league! thumb

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF vs. NPFL live this week [Re: Barn] #13916316 03/09/21 03:46 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Barn
My guess most people will watch the Tackle Warehouse Pro Circuit. Way more familiar pros fishing that tournament. I've never heard of NPFL or any of the guys fishing it. I guess if you get a group of guys together and pay enough entry fee that makes you a pro. confused

LOL, I recognize a few guys on their roster that used to fish the pro circuit and one regional guides but thats it. I will give NPFL one chance but if its not good not sticking around, one strike your out, will definitely watch the MLF.

Re: MLF vs. NPFL live this week [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13916325 03/09/21 03:50 PM
Mark Perry Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
I hope NPFL has a great debut and is a longterm success. For many of us its much easier to relate to those anglers than the 2 pro trails.

Re: MLF vs. NPFL live this week [Re: SC-001] #13916348 03/09/21 04:00 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by SC-001
My guess most people will watch the Tackle Warehouse Pro Circuit. Way more familiar pros fishing that tournament. I've never heard of NPFL or any of the guys fishing it. I guess if you get a group of guys together and pay enough entry fee that makes you a pro. confused

LOL, I recognize a few guys on their roster that used to fish the pro circuit and one regional guides but thats it. I will give NPFL one chance but if its not good not sticking around, one strike your out, will definitely watch the MLF.

You sure set the bar for your approval very high; yet you allow a lot of strikes against MLF? Kinda shows what you’re all about. Eh?

Re: MLF vs. NPFL live this week [Re: Big O Florida] #13916368 03/09/21 04:12 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S

You sure set the bar for your approval very high; yet you allow a lot of strikes against MLF? Kinda shows what you’re all about. Eh?

Well you better do a good job, yes bar is high.

Re: MLF vs. NPFL live this week [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13916895 03/09/21 11:51 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B

Re: MLF vs. NPFL live this week [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13916923 03/10/21 12:13 AM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Is any of this NPFL on TV?

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: MLF vs. NPFL live this week [Re: Rayzor] #13916927 03/10/21 12:24 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Rayzor
Is any of this NPFL on TV?

My understanding is it’s live streaming all 3 days of their events, being broadcast on their website only at this time.

Re: MLF vs. NPFL live this week [Re: BigDozer66] #13918176 03/10/21 11:41 PM
D
Darin S. Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by BigDozer66
I will be watching and supporting both of them! cheers

I have a couple friends fishing the NPFL and wish them well in the new league! thumb

I don’t recognize any names. What Texas boys should we be rooting fur?

Originally Posted by Westside.
I hate everything
Re: MLF vs. NPFL live this week [Re: Big O Florida] #13918203 03/10/21 11:59 PM
B
Barn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

What strikes? Most guys prefer to watch the best in their sports perform, regardless of the sport. One has the best bass anglers in the world fishing it the other has some potential up an comers that don't fish any of the top 3 pro circuits.

Anyway, if it is bass fishing and on TV most of the folks on TFF will probably watch. However if there is a broadcast conflict, my guess most will choose pros they recognize.

Re: MLF vs. NPFL live this week [Re: TylersReelFishing] #13918246 03/11/21 12:50 AM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G

Tyler he is nuts, love the channel btw!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide