Forums59
Topics1,040,019
Posts13,974,280
Members144,227
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: Bruce Allen] #13912241 03/05/21 07:24 PM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Bruce Allen
Dubee Elite at Fork in November and MLF Redcrest in February

MLF 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th using the forward facing sonar looking at brush piles.

Elite looking into standing timber to pick out the best fish for 105 lbs

I'm confused. What is all that about? Are you just listing what's been won using livescope? Because I know about those. The op posted that the 2 events that started yesterday were being "dominated" by livescope. I couldn't find any articles stating that. So I was curious how he knew. Turns out he was just guessing. No big deal

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13912255 03/05/21 07:33 PM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
I will probably never put it on my boat but I also hope it doesn't get banned. I don't think arigs should be banned either. To many rules already. Tournaments should be catch your fish on tournament waters. During tournament hours. By legal means.

I do disagree with the comments that it won't get banned because of sponsors money. I would guess the sponsor money from the electronics companies are a very small amount. Also if BASS or MLF banned it. I would think that would make for great marketing. Garmin running ads saying get your livescope. It's so effective that BASS banned it.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: boyd1002] #13912324 03/05/21 08:31 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by boyd1002
I think if you gave a lie detector to all of the Elite/MLF anglers, 100% would say you cannot 'consistently' compete without it. Can you win and cash a check here and there - yes, for now. As these guys get better and better with it, you will not. We have already heard guys like Swindle and BMP say that you have no chance up north without it. It will only become more necessary. Im not saying it should be banned, but it is the reality.

My biggest gripe is the inconsistency. This was BASS' quote regarding banning the Alabama Rig “It’s a legitimate and ethical way to catch fish, but we hold professional anglers to a higher standard,” said David Precht, a spokesman for BASS. “Their argument — and I want to emphasize it’s not our argument — the anglers feel that sometimes it can be too effective and it takes away some of the skill in what is a traditional tournament.

Follow the money, how many a-rig commercials do you see during MLF or Bassmaster, now how many Lowrance/Humminbird/Garmin. Its not going to be regulated by the tourmanment trails and I'm not sure myself if it should be anyways, that would probably be kneejerk, see how it goes this year and let anglers adapt.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13912331 03/05/21 08:43 PM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
I dont know what the answers are, but going from a 2d picture to a live image is a huge jump. It will become a necessity like graphs at some point, sure there will still be fisherman who know a lake and know how the fish set up and they wont necessarily need it, but you give those anglers a livefeed in addition to their knowledge and thats huge.

John Miller
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13912339 03/05/21 08:49 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by PickensTJ
I am not against it; am looking to get my own setup as I type. But, I do anticipate the roar will get very loud when one of these guys wins by catching bedding fish in muddy water using it.

Its going to happen. You could see rule changes that require scope fish to be hooked in the mouth.

Originally Posted by Dubee
I will probably never put it on my boat but I also hope it doesn't get banned. I don't think arigs should be banned either. To many rules already. Tournaments should be catch your fish on tournament waters. During tournament hours. By legal means.

I do disagree with the comments that it won't get banned because of sponsors money. I would guess the sponsor money from the electronics companies are a very small amount. Also if BASS or MLF banned it. I would think that would make for great marketing. Garmin running ads saying get your livescope. It's so effective that BASS banned it.

I know someone competing in the lake of the ozarks MLF, he said most in the top 10 yesterday were using it to catch their fish, it definitely plays when the bite is tough whether thats cold water or fall funk.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: Mark Perry] #13912357 03/05/21 09:09 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I hope they do not add any knee jerk rules and mess with things. Too many dumb rules now to "level" the playing the field. If they keep making new rules eventually the trophies will need to come with an asterisk.

Before anyone says I am saying that because i use it, I do not own a LS or other forward facing sonar unit and not sure I even want to at some point.

I agree with Mark. Trying to level the playing field by banning something isn’t the way to go. They should just give everybody the same boat, motor, electronics and tackle if they want a level playing field. That would be boring and draconian and it would kill the sport. A level playing field shouldn’t mean banning things, especially if that thing is available to everyone, which it is.

I’m sure the same things were said when sonar was widely available and everyone used flashers. I don’t think a rigs should be banned either. Banning things is silly, draconian and usually results in creating winners and losers by accident. The best at using electronics will still be the best at using them.

And banning technology should be carefully considered, because technology isn’t going anywhere and advancements are made every day. Fishing would be left behind in a few years if advancements aren’t made/allowed. Kids today will be looking for electronics when they start buying boats, just like they do in every other facet of life. Bass fishing would die on the vine if down imaging and side imaging are the end of the road for electronics in the sport.

[Linked Image]
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13912361 03/05/21 09:13 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Livescope is the greatest advancement in fishing ever. Unless they are buried up in hydrilla, they cannot hide. If will definitely make fishing tougher in the future due to educating the fish.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13912390 03/05/21 09:37 PM
DBGSIG Offline
Angler
Angler
nope, the playing field is level. They all have the same technology.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: grout-scout] #13912391 03/05/21 09:37 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Livescope is the greatest advancement in fishing ever. Unless they are buried up in hydrilla, they cannot hide. If will definitely make fishing tougher in the future due to educating the fish.

Good point, you think they're boat and trolling motor shy now just wait 5 years after scopers. No doubt the fish were much easier to catch 3 and 4 decades ago, Clunn has some interesting discussions on this if you can find them. Fish on public waters becoming more educated to lures is just going to progress.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13912430 03/05/21 10:14 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
I hope they do not add any knee jerk rules and mess with things. Too many dumb rules now to "level" the playing the field. If they keep making new rules eventually the trophies will need to come with an asterisk.

Before anyone says I am saying that because i use it, I do not own a LS or other forward facing sonar unit and not sure I even want to at some point.

I agree with Mark. Trying to level the playing field by banning something isn’t the way to go. They should just give everybody the same boat, motor, electronics and tackle if they want a level playing field. That would be boring and draconian and it would kill the sport. A level playing field shouldn’t mean banning things, especially if that thing is available to everyone, which it is.

I seem to remember that this is how the early classics were handled.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: Txduckhunter] #13912446 03/05/21 10:34 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

I seem to remember that this is how the early classics were handled.

It was how they were conducted. But they’re not anymore, and sponsorship would dry up, which is a big part of the angler’s incomes today.

[Linked Image]
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13912452 03/05/21 10:37 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Take 10 anglers that have never seen a livescope and make them go fish against each other 100% using livescope, 6 will probably zero. Not many, if any, will go out and "smash em". There is a huge amount of learning to be successful with a livescope

#MFGA
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13912516 03/05/21 11:24 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Doesn't look like LS helped Walters as much today.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13912532 03/05/21 11:42 PM
D
DNewt Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
It has already made me wonder being without it if I'm going to be willing to pay an entry fee starting in May when the bite gets deeper to go up against it because regardless of what you think it is a huge advantage to be able to look at them

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: grout-scout] #13912541 03/05/21 11:52 PM
sdavis24 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by grout-scout
This is the impact I’m curious about. Imagine how many more boats will be on the water 10 yrs from now and how many more will have this or similar technology

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide