Re: 8 K [Re: Space] #13867290 01/30/21 04:09 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by Space
I kind of hate to admit it but we still have a Sony Bravia 46" lcd from 2005. I'd like to get a new led but this one works great.

You got me beat. I replaced our old heavy box TVs back in 2007 with LED Panasonics. They are still chugging along.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: 8 K [Re: Bob Davis] #13867303 01/30/21 04:14 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Originally Posted by 21xs Elite
Our TV will do 4K. We watched one movie in 4k that came on some kind of USB harddrive. It was letter box, so the top and bottom of the screen had a blank area. Didn't like it. I can imagine 8K is like watching a film strip on a ribbon. If you get a magnifying glass you can see the wonderful resolution.

Made a mistake. In 2016 we paid big $$ for the curved screen Samsung state of the art UHD 4K TV in the 65" size. Now 3.5 years later, the upper LH corner has some dark area about the size of a playing card. On some colors you don't notice it, but white screen it is obvious. So all that $$ and we have a blacked out area.

I’d bet we have the exact same TV form the same year and I have the exact same issue, bought it for our ranch house.

It is a UN65JS9500FX model. I paid $4000.00 for it. The sales receipt says 1/31/2016 date of purchase. It is the curved screen model. Looks real nice as long as you don't turn it on and look up at the LH corner. I don't think there is a fix for it. Something to do with the driver for these pixels or connectivity of the ribbon to LED panel. I dunno, but it doth sucketh bigtime.

Same exact model I have, paid 3800 and gave it to my son when he moved into his first apartment last year. I’m done with Samsung period. Bought wife the supposed greatest washer and dryer and have had nothing but hell with them. Only thing to ever come from China that lasted was the Kung flu.

Re: 8 K [Re: Caymas Cx 21] #13867331 01/30/21 04:36 PM
B
Bob Davis Offline
Bunkeroid Bob
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Our TV will do 4K. We watched one movie in 4k that came on some kind of USB harddrive. It was letter box, so the top and bottom of the screen had a blank area. Didn't like it. I can imagine 8K is like watching a film strip on a ribbon. If you get a magnifying glass you can see the wonderful resolution.

Made a mistake. In 2016 we paid big $$ for the curved screen Samsung state of the art UHD 4K TV in the 65" size. Now 3.5 years later, the upper LH corner has some dark area about the size of a playing card. On some colors you don't notice it, but white screen it is obvious. So all that $$ and we have a blacked out area.

I’d bet we have the exact same TV form the same year and I have the exact same issue, bought it for our ranch house.

It is a UN65JS9500FX model. I paid $4000.00 for it. The sales receipt says 1/31/2016 date of purchase. It is the curved screen model. Looks real nice as long as you don't turn it on and look up at the LH corner. I don't think there is a fix for it. Something to do with the driver for these pixels or connectivity of the ribbon to LED panel. I dunno, but it doth sucketh bigtime.

Same exact model I have, paid 3800 and gave it to my son when he moved into his first apartment last year. I’m done with Samsung period. Bought wife the supposed greatest washer and dryer and have had nothing but hell with them. Only thing to ever come from China that lasted was the Kung flu.

Thanks for this info. I may contact Samsung to give em some grief.

The moral of the Story PilotHawk is to not go for the 8K , $8,000 model. Go with a good 65" or bigger QLED 4K or LED 4K. That should be plenty.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: 8 K [Re: Bob Davis] #13867418 01/30/21 06:11 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content
the janitor
Online Content
the janitor
J

Did you purchase the Best Buy extended warranty? I've had good luck with their warranties in the past.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: 8 K [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #13867439 01/30/21 06:46 PM
C
COFF Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
Originally Posted by Space
I kind of hate to admit it but we still have a Sony Bravia 46" lcd from 2005. I'd like to get a new led but this one works great.

You got me beat. I replaced our old heavy box TVs back in 2007 with LED Panasonics. They are still chugging along.

My bedroom TV is a 55” plasma purchased for about $3K in 2003 or 2004. It weighs close to 100 lbs, and I’ve moved that sucker into 4 different houses now. Can’t wait for the day it craps out, but I just can’t make myself toss it out. Screen is just as good as when we first got it.

Re: 8 K [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13867445 01/30/21 06:57 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson

Did you purchase the Best Buy extended warranty? I've had good luck with their warranties in the past.

I’ll have to ask the wife but We usually do, I’ll get her to check it out.

Re: 8 K [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13867583 01/30/21 09:40 PM
B
Bob Davis Offline
Bunkeroid Bob
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson

No, another mistake I suppose. I sure as heck should have!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide