Forums59
Topics1,039,366
Posts13,963,409
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: True confessions of a former MLF’r [Re: Big O Florida] #13862818 01/27/21 04:11 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
popcorn2

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: True confessions of a former MLF’r [Re: Big O Florida] #13862871 01/27/21 06:23 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Pretty important context left off that snippet. He was talking specifically about requalifying and not taking a spot from someone else who had already qualified for the Elites because it was his decision to leave. He wanted to have to requalify to be fair to the rest of the BASS anglers.

Full context:

However, he didn’t feel comfortable with B.A.S.S. simply allowing him to rejoin the Elite Series.

“I felt that I was no different than any other guy who was trying to qualify for the Elites,” Hackney said. “I was fully the one at fault for making the decision to leave.”

This isn’t the slam dunk you’re making it out to be. It’s clear he regretted leaving BASS for MLF. He had success at MLF, so it wasn’t that he couldn’t cut it. The entire article is about his love for BASS. If it was about him feeling bamboozled by MLF, fine, but it wasn’t.

“Our sport’s history begins with B.A.S.S.,” Hackney said. “I had worked hard to be a part of that and I didn’t want to give it up.”

That’s not the same as “they’re cheating people, they’re liars, sponsors didn’t want anything to do with me, it’s a house of cards, Boyd hurt my feelings” and everything else you keep saying is the real story. He prefers BASS, based on his own statements in the article. Helluva confession. Very brave to state his preference which has been pretty obvious to someone like me who barely follows the sport of professional bass fishing.

(I don’t fault him at all and enjoy watching him fish. Hope he has continued success.)

[Linked Image]
Re: True confessions of a former MLF’r [Re: Mark Perry] #13862873 01/27/21 06:27 AM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by Barn
Some guys have decided they would rather fish for 5 bites instead of the pressure of fishing for numbers. Different guys have different strengths. I don't have a problem with guys choosing a format they feel more confident/comfortable. Thus, better chance of success. Not to mention a shot at winning the Classic. I'll enjoy watching Hack on whatever tour he chooses.

cheers

Yup, its great to have options, no point it doing something you don't enjoy, or are not any good at.

I think its safe to say Hackney was good at BPT/MLF....

At the end of 2019 he found himself at a crossroads. He had fished with MLF the previous two seasons and had won one of their championships.

Correct, Mark. Batting .500 is good. He was really good in MLF and is really good in BASS.

BO: The guy can flat out fish and his success at MLF was obvious, but it’s also clear where his heart is, and that’s with BASS. Until he says anything close to what you’ve been claiming is true (and you may turn out to be right in the end) this doesn’t prove anything you’ve been saying about MLF for however long you’ve been a member of the TFF.

[Linked Image]
Re: True confessions of a former MLF’r [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13862944 01/27/21 12:51 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
[quote=Mark Perry]

Correct, Mark. Batting .500 is good. He was really good in MLF and is really good in BASS.

BO: The guy can flat out fish and his success at MLF was obvious, but it’s also clear where his heart is, and that’s with BASS. Until he says anything close to what you’ve been claiming is true (and you may turn out to be right in the end) this doesn’t prove anything you’ve been saying about MLF for however long you’ve been a member of the TFF.

Several of the guys that have left, said they could get sued for talking negatively about the BPT. Ike said on one of his podcast (several months ago) that Duckett had sued him. No details why or what the cost was, so I suspect, nobody will were truly trash the BPT in public.

Also in one of Hackneys first interviews after qualifying for BASS again, he said, “I will never take being at BASS for granted ever again”.

I have no skin in the game, but it must have been more than a “I miss being at the originators”.

Re: True confessions of a former MLF’r [Re: grout-scout] #13863009 01/27/21 01:37 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by grout-scout
[quote=Mark Perry]

Several of the guys that have left, said they could get sued for talking negatively about the BPT. Ike said on one of his podcast (several months ago) that Duckett had sued him. No details why or what the cost was, so I suspect, nobody will were truly trash the BPT in public.

Also in one of Hackneys first interviews after qualifying for BASS again, he said, “I will never take being at BASS for granted ever again”.

I have no skin in the game, but it must have been more than a “I miss being at the originators”.

I would not be surprised if there is all kinds of CYA clauses in the MLF NDA’s and contracts, including non-disparagement. I haven’t looked at the schedules to see all the conflicts with the opens, but it will be interesting to see how many MLF anglers fish them to try and requalify for the elites in 2022.

Re: True confessions of a former MLF’r [Re: Big O Florida] #13863010 01/27/21 01:37 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Red Crest is a stupid name and enough reason to leave.

Re: True confessions of a former MLF’r [Re: WAWI] #13863054 01/27/21 02:00 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by WAWI

roflmao popcorn2

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: True confessions of a former MLF’r [Re: Big O Florida] #13863056 01/27/21 02:01 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Why all the MLF bashing? bolt

B.A.S.S. !!

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: True confessions of a former MLF’r [Re: Big O Florida] #13863061 01/27/21 02:04 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
[quote=Mark Perry]

I would not be surprised if there is all kinds of CYA clauses in the MLF NDA’s and contracts, including non-disparagement. I haven’t looked at the schedules to see all the conflicts with the opens, but it will be interesting to see how many MLF anglers fish them to try and requalify for the elites in 2022.

Lets hope they do go back to BASS if thats what they want, as we all know, lifes too short to be angry and bitter.......

Re: True confessions of a former MLF’r [Re: WAWI] #13863183 01/27/21 03:14 PM
L
lconn4 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted by RayBob

roflmao popcorn2

roflmao

Last edited by lconn4; 01/27/21 03:15 PM.

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: True confessions of a former MLF’r [Re: grout-scout] #13863209 01/27/21 03:30 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Good info!

[Linked Image]
Re: True confessions of a former MLF’r [Re: WAWI] #13863210 01/27/21 03:31 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

100% true.

[Linked Image]
Re: True confessions of a former MLF’r [Re: Mark Perry] #13863217 01/27/21 03:45 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by Barn
Some guys have decided they would rather fish for 5 bites instead of the pressure of fishing for numbers. Different guys have different strengths. I don't have a problem with guys choosing a format they feel more confident/comfortable. Thus, better chance of success. Not to mention a shot at winning the Classic. I'll enjoy watching Hack on whatever tour he chooses.

cheers

Yup, its great to have options, no point it doing something you don't enjoy, or are not any good at.

I think its safe to say Hackney was good at BPT/MLF....

At the end of 2019 he found himself at a crossroads. He had fished with MLF the previous two seasons and had won one of their championships.

cheers

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: True confessions of a former MLF’r [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13863220 01/27/21 03:47 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Pretty important context left off that snippet. He was talking specifically about requalifying and not taking a spot from someone else who had already qualified for the Elites because it was his decision to leave. He wanted to have to requalify to be fair to the rest of the BASS anglers.

Full context:

However, he didn’t feel comfortable with B.A.S.S. simply allowing him to rejoin the Elite Series.

“I felt that I was no different than any other guy who was trying to qualify for the Elites,” Hackney said. “I was fully the one at fault for making the decision to leave.”

This isn’t the slam dunk you’re making it out to be. It’s clear he regretted leaving BASS for MLF. He had success at MLF, so it wasn’t that he couldn’t cut it. The entire article is about his love for BASS. If it was about him feeling bamboozled by MLF, fine, but it wasn’t.

“Our sport’s history begins with B.A.S.S.,” Hackney said. “I had worked hard to be a part of that and I didn’t want to give it up.”

That’s not the same as “they’re cheating people, they’re liars, sponsors didn’t want anything to do with me, it’s a house of cards, Boyd hurt my feelings” and everything else you keep saying is the real story. He prefers BASS, based on his own statements in the article. Helluva confession. Very brave to state his preference which has been pretty obvious to someone like me who barely follows the sport of professional bass fishing.

(I don’t fault him at all and enjoy watching him fish. Hope he has continued success.)

Being sentimental is not a bad thing at all! cheers

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: True confessions of a former MLF’r [Re: grout-scout] #13863265 01/27/21 04:24 PM
M
Mudman63 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Big O’, you are a persistent mofo. Lol

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread