TFF Guru
popcorn

Re: Lawyer types [Re: WAWI] #13845379 01/14/21 12:49 AM
O
outfishdya Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
O
I am gonna find out where that is and paint a giant set of orange horns on that thing

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: Lawyer types [Re: outfishdya] #13845386 01/14/21 12:56 AM
RATZ Offline
Activity Coordinator
Activity Coordinator
Originally Posted by outfishdya
I am gonna find out where that is and paint a giant set of orange horns on that thing

I'll buy the paint if you'll do it

If God is your co-pilot then change seats

https://abaltcustomlures.com/

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Lawyer types [Re: WAWI] #13845390 01/14/21 01:00 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
popcorn2

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Lawyer types [Re: WAWI] #13845396 01/14/21 01:04 AM
S
Smurfs Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Is that a tatoo or "massage" parlor?

It's the reason hoa was invented

Also the reason you are giving them $100's of dollars a year. bang

Re: Lawyer types [Re: patriot07] #13845406 01/14/21 01:10 AM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
Originally Posted by patriot07
Dude that sucks.

Originally Posted by TR176
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Is that a tatoo or "massage" parlor?

It's the reason hoa was invented

People complain mightily about HOA but in many circumstances that is the only thing standing between you and living in a garbage dump.

This is true.

On the flip side, HOA officers are often power-hungry nutjobs because sane people don't want the job. My neighborhood has an ongoing dispute right now - legal action has been threatened against us for building an approved lean-to on our shop. The former officers never followed the rules and ran it look a good-old-boys-club, and I tried to ask them to be more fair and unbiased and they labeled me as divisive and inflammatory in front of the whole neighborhood. So now all their buddies have moved on, normal folks have moved in to replace them, and they're the only ones left who have this vendetta against us, and they're making themselves look like a$$es in front of everyone. I'm in the process of trying to contact a lawyer regarding this right now since legal action has been threatened, but I am enjoying that the whole neighborhood has found out for themselves what kind of people these are. Been stressful for my wife and I though - neither of us have ever been in a court room for anything other than jury duty.

If at one time it was approved and now it’s not It’s should be grandfathered in then right ?
Not everybody on hoa boards are like that but some truly are they turn into a giant Karen and then Make it a personal mission to make your life hell. And most of the time ( trust me on this ) talk of legal action is a threat and nothing but . It takes a lot of time money and effort . It basically takes all those resources to just drag you , your lawyer, there lawyer , and the hoa all thru the mud for at least a couple months/years for pretty much nothing . It’s a big waste of resources . So basically it’s a threat there not really willing to back .

Last edited by Nickbyrd; 01/14/21 01:11 AM.
Re: Lawyer types [Re: WAWI] #13845417 01/14/21 01:20 AM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
they're

Re: Lawyer types [Re: WAWI] #13845418 01/14/21 01:20 AM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
roflmao

Re: Lawyer types [Re: Nickbyrd] #13845488 01/14/21 02:29 AM
L
Lakhota Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
L

On the flip side, HOA officers are often power-hungry nutjobs because sane people don't want the job. My neighborhood has an ongoing dispute right now - legal action has been threatened against us for building an approved lean-to on our shop. The former officers never followed the rules and ran it look a good-old-boys-club, and I tried to ask them to be more fair and unbiased and they labeled me as divisive and inflammatory in front of the whole neighborhood. So now all their buddies have moved on, normal folks have moved in to replace them, and they're the only ones left who have this vendetta against us, and they're making themselves look like a$$es in front of everyone. I'm in the process of trying to contact a lawyer regarding this right now since legal action has been threatened, but I am enjoying that the whole neighborhood has found out for themselves what kind of people these are. Been stressful for my wife and I though - neither of us have ever been in a court room for anything other than jury duty. [/quote]
If at one time it was approved and now it’s not It’s should be grandfathered in then right ?
Not everybody on hoa boards are like that but some truly are they turn into a giant Karen and then Make it a personal mission to make your life hell. And most of the time ( trust me on this ) talk of legal action is a threat and nothing but . It takes a lot of time money and effort . It basically takes all those resources to just drag you , your lawyer, there lawyer , and the hoa all thru the mud for at least a couple months/years for pretty much nothing . It’s a big waste of resources . So basically it’s a threat there not really willing to back . [/quote]

Oh you’re so wrong. My HOA filed suit on me and filed foreclosure. I contacted the management company and they said there was nothing that could be done and I had to talk to the lawyer. I contacted the the HOA president and informed the management company that I was requesting a meeting which by law I was allowed to have. We had the meeting where I informed them that their foreclosure was illegal under state law and the said they didn’t know what was going on but it was out of their hands and I had to deal with the lawyer. I advised them that I would answer the court and see them in court which their lawyer didn’t show up so it was tossed. The HOA president saw me before the Kurt date and advised me that they were no longer going to do the foreclosure which I advised it was to late and I would see them in court and that was when their lawyer didn’t show. Now I have to have another meeting with them to remove the Liens since the case was dismissed. I’ll never live in another HOA!

Re: Lawyer types [Re: hopalong] #13845490 01/14/21 02:31 AM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
Originally Posted by hopalong
roflmao

Originally Posted by hopalong
they're

Dang natzees roflmao

Re: Lawyer types [Re: WAWI] #13845493 01/14/21 02:38 AM
T
Trickster Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
T
Do you have access to a bulldozer?

Re: Lawyer types [Re: Lakhota] #13845498 01/14/21 02:42 AM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
Originally Posted by Lakhota

On the flip side, HOA officers are often power-hungry nutjobs because sane people don't want the job. My neighborhood has an ongoing dispute right now - legal action has been threatened against us for building an approved lean-to on our shop. The former officers never followed the rules and ran it look a good-old-boys-club, and I tried to ask them to be more fair and unbiased and they labeled me as divisive and inflammatory in front of the whole neighborhood. So now all their buddies have moved on, normal folks have moved in to replace them, and they're the only ones left who have this vendetta against us, and they're making themselves look like a$$es in front of everyone. I'm in the process of trying to contact a lawyer regarding this right now since legal action has been threatened, but I am enjoying that the whole neighborhood has found out for themselves what kind of people these are. Been stressful for my wife and I though - neither of us have ever been in a court room for anything other than jury duty.

Not everybody on hoa boards are like that but some truly are they turn into a giant Karen and then Make it a personal mission to make your life hell. And most of the time ( trust me on this ) talk of legal action is a threat and nothing but . It takes a lot of time money and effort . It basically takes all those resources to just drag you , your lawyer, there lawyer , and the hoa all thru the mud for at least a couple months/years for pretty much nothing . It’s a big waste of resources . So basically it’s a threat there not really willing to back . [/quote]

Oh you’re so wrong. My HOA filed suit on me and filed foreclosure. I contacted the management company and they said there was nothing that could be done and I had to talk to the lawyer. I contacted the the HOA president and informed the management company that I was requesting a meeting which by law I was allowed to have. We had the meeting where I informed them that their foreclosure was illegal under state law and the said they didn’t know what was going on but it was out of their hands and I had to deal with the lawyer. I advised them that I would answer the court and see them in court which their lawyer didn’t show up so it was tossed. The HOA president saw me before the Kurt date and advised me that they were no longer going to do the foreclosure which I advised it was to late and I would see them in court and that was when their lawyer didn’t show. Now I have to have another meeting with them to remove the Liens since the case was dismissed. I’ll never live in another HOA![/quote]
The only time I’ve ever seen that is when There have been multiple fines and assessments that have been blatantly ignored and not payed over a period of time and have racked up to a significant amount of money at which point we called the lawyer and he does his thing and puts a lien on the property . But it’s my understanding that it’s a pain in the arse ( for the lawyer and hoa)to actually forclose on the property when the property owner is living there and actively trying to fight everything .

I’ve only seen properties forclosed on that were basically abandoned and there was no one really to argue with . But then again we only have x amount of dollars in the budget every year to deal with these situations

Re: Lawyer types [Re: Nickbyrd] #13845503 01/14/21 02:49 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
To whoever offered to buy the paint, I'll split it with you - we need to get some longhorns painted on that asap.

Originally Posted by Nickbyrd
Not everybody on hoa boards are like that but some truly are they turn into a giant Karen and then Make it a personal mission to make your life hell. And most of the time ( trust me on this ) talk of legal action is a threat and nothing but . It takes a lot of time money and effort . It basically takes all those resources to just drag you , your lawyer, there lawyer , and the hoa all thru the mud for at least a couple months/years for pretty much nothing . It’s a big waste of resources . So basically it’s a threat there not really willing to back .

The ones threatening are the previous Board members. Current Board and Architectural Committee both say I'm good to go. And one of them is a lawyer and has given me a couple of referrals to real estate trial lawyers to talk with. After discussing with a couple guys at work, I think you're exactly right - the legal talk is nothing more than empty threats.

Hard to imagine grown men acting the way they have, but I guess some people never mature.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Lawyer types [Re: RATZ] #13845516 01/14/21 03:04 AM
K
Kicker16 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted by RATZ
Originally Posted by outfishdya

I'll buy the paint if you'll do it

That's probably when Hop get a phone call to take care of that thing like he does the beaver dens, BOOM

Re: Lawyer types [Re: WAWI] #13845521 01/14/21 03:09 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
My guess is the Gypsies have upgraded.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide