Forums59
Topics1,039,384
Posts13,963,657
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Ish and Scott Martin now with Skeeter! [Re: Jimfishes] #13832097 01/04/21 10:57 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Jimfishes
Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet
Originally Posted by SAKS
Johnny has either p***ed a lot of people off or something is up with the Ranger brand. Lot of defections this year it seems.

I read Ranger has stated they are going more towards sponsoring lower tier pro's and I SUSPECT the YouTube people. Don't know how true but by lord it sure appears true.

Plus yeah I think Johnny just really making people mad. I know I'll never buy a boat he owns. I think what he is doing should be illegal. Dang monopoly he creating.

What am I missing? How is JM making people mad? Why won't you ever buy a boat he owns? Educate the rest of us fishermen please.

Just funnin. If your a Ranger or Johnny minion no reason get up tight. Ranger has had a mass defection. I don’t know the reason but I don’t see you losing the anglers that have moved on unless something is up. (Christie, Monroe, Cody Meyer, Martin), those are some stout long running names to leave your brand.

Last edited by SAKS; 01/05/21 02:17 AM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Ish and Scott Martin now with Skeeter! [Re: Sinkey] #13832146 01/04/21 11:44 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Them young “googan” types in Jr high ain’t buying $75k+ boats.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Ish and Scott Martin now with Skeeter! [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13832150 01/04/21 11:48 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

But their parents are.

Re: Ish and Scott Martin now with Skeeter! [Re: Mark Perry] #13832247 01/05/21 12:51 AM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

But their parents are.

Yup, plenty of kids around here rocking $200k wakeboard boats on their parents dime.

Re: Ish and Scott Martin now with Skeeter! [Re: Sinkey] #13832248 01/05/21 12:52 AM
Neal G Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Ranger initiated most of the angler dumping. This includes touring professionals and regional guys.
There are some exceptions, with an example being Jason C.

Re: Ish and Scott Martin now with Skeeter! [Re: tmd11111] #13832307 01/05/21 01:33 AM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by tmd11111

But their parents are.

Yup, plenty of kids around here rocking $200k wakeboard boats on their parents dime.

Yeah a 100K (outfitted) bass boat is just chump change to some of them! cheers

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Ish and Scott Martin now with Skeeter! [Re: BigDozer66] #13832369 01/05/21 02:09 AM
D
David Burton Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by BigDozer66
Originally Posted by tmd11111

But their parents are.

Yeah a 100K (outfitted) bass boat is just chump change to some of them! cheers

When I first moved to Plano in the 90's, working at EDS I was shocked driving around an seeing the High School Parking Lots that looked like new car dealers. It has only expanded beyond that to the other suburbs and various 'toys'.

DKB

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Ish and Scott Martin now with Skeeter! [Re: ChanceHuiet] #13832585 01/05/21 12:11 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M

Well first, I've heard horror stories from people including one of my best friends that own rangers less than 2 years old that have issues ranger won't even touch. They just keep getting the run around with their warranties. And as for me not buying a boat he owns, well thats personal preference. Nothing to educate about. I dont like how he is he doing the industry to make a buck. Him and Duckett both. Look at all the guys who left ranger or got dropped. And word on the street is quite a few have willingly left.

It's kinda of what Rather Outdoors is doing with Strike King and Lews. They told the prostaff you rep both companies or your gone. Not either or. To me that's bull but hey their company their rules.

But it all boils down to my opinion. Plain and simple.

I think this has a good bit to do with it. I think people like Cody Myer who was Tackle Warehouse, Daiwa, Strike King, Ranger were told they need to be Bass Pro/Cabelas, Lew's, Strike King, Ranger going forward. He's now in a Blazer boat and has mention the Jack Hammer and not the Thunder Cricket in a couple of posts.

Ish Monroe as Bass Pro, Daiwa, Ranger. Now he's Fisherman's Warehouse, Daiwa, Skeeter.

Also saw that Mark Zona is now with Lew's, who was previously a few seasons with Daiwa. So now he's under the "same two umbrella" with Bass Pro, Nitro, Lew's, Strike King.

This is all speculations and just what I've pieced together watching social media & pod casts so take it all with a grain of salt.

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Ish and Scott Martin now with Skeeter! [Re: Mark Perry] #13832603 01/05/21 12:39 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T

But their parents are.

I think this is the main reason. Young people influence their parents and it's an untapped market that the YouTube crowd has really tapped in to. That and with so much coverage it doesnt take as many pros to reach that part of the market. YouTube is also very transparent in what reach a person has where a pro isnt so I think it's easier for a sponsor to track analytics from website clicks and stuff from that person's media and see just how many people are watching their videos. Overall, it's mainly just that there is so much coverage and media that I dont think a pros impact is as needed as it once was. Now, maybe that's just what it appears to be and the trend could reverse back to pro sponsorships

Re: Ish and Scott Martin now with Skeeter! [Re: Monty Wright] #13832649 01/05/21 01:25 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Monty Wright

Well first, I've heard horror stories from people including one of my best friends that own rangers less than 2 years old that have issues ranger won't even touch. They just keep getting the run around with their warranties. And as for me not buying a boat he owns, well thats personal preference. Nothing to educate about. I dont like how he is he doing the industry to make a buck. Him and Duckett both. Look at all the guys who left ranger or got dropped. And word on the street is quite a few have willingly left.

It's kinda of what Rather Outdoors is doing with Strike King and Lews. They told the prostaff you rep both companies or your gone. Not either or. To me that's bull but hey their company their rules.

But it all boils down to my opinion. Plain and simple.

I think this has a good bit to do with it. I think people like Cody Myer who was Tackle Warehouse, Daiwa, Strike King, Ranger were told they need to be Bass Pro/Cabelas, Lew's, Strike King, Ranger going forward. He's now in a Blazer boat and has mention the Jack Hammer and not the Thunder Cricket in a couple of posts.

Ish Monroe as Bass Pro, Daiwa, Ranger. Now he's Fisherman's Warehouse, Daiwa, Skeeter.

Also saw that Mark Zona is now with Lew's, who was previously a few seasons with Daiwa. So now he's under the "same two umbrella" with Bass Pro, Nitro, Lew's, Strike King.

This is all speculations and just what I've pieced together watching social media & pod casts so take it all with a grain of salt.

The Zona move is not surprising. He is a Strike King guy first so the move to Lews just follows suit with the rest of SK anglers that switched to Lews.

Re: Ish and Scott Martin now with Skeeter! [Re: Sinkey] #13832909 01/05/21 04:15 PM
TallBaldCypress Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Some people build businesses with the sole purpose of becoming an acquisition target. No sure why everyone gets mad at the person buying the business and not the guy who sold the business. confused 3 I mean the seller is the one who ruined the brand chasing the almighty dollar. They knew who they were selling to yet took the money and ran.

Last edited by B. Dill; 01/05/21 04:17 PM.
Re: Ish and Scott Martin now with Skeeter! [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13832937 01/05/21 04:34 PM
Phoenix_Ed Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
The big numbers buying new stuff follow youtube, insta, etc. Sometimes we get caught up in the "tournament" world but in reality it's a very small part of the product being moved as a whole. It's the young kids "Googan" generation

I'm still trying to figure out what "Googan" is? Guess I'm to old to understand.

Wishin I was fishin!! ..............>(((//*>
2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 4 Stroke - Ultrex
Her name is Novia Número Cinco.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega DI - Helix 12 Mega SI - Mega 360
PB Largemouth - 9.51 - Toledo Bend - March 2014
Re: Ish and Scott Martin now with Skeeter! [Re: Phoenix_Ed] #13832955 01/05/21 04:52 PM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Skeeter_Ed
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
The big numbers buying new stuff follow youtube, insta, etc. Sometimes we get caught up in the "tournament" world but in reality it's a very small part of the product being moved as a whole. It's the young kids "Googan" generation

I'm still trying to figure out what "Googan" is? Guess I'm to old to understand.

Just buy your baits from here and be quiet: [Linked Image]

Re: Ish and Scott Martin now with Skeeter! [Re: Sinkey] #13832980 01/05/21 05:15 PM
J
JKJake Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
As a younger dude who has fished THSBA(Texas High School Bass Association) tournaments, I can say that this is all partially true.

The YouTubers have gotten a lot of people into fishing, but with most of them just remaining bank/pond fishermen. There are a lot of kids who get their parents to buy a bass boat. With that said I don't think the YouTubers advertise their boat sponsors or have much influence on what brand of boat their parents buy. Of course this may change with a switch in marketing tactics. (I am not 100% sure on all of this but this is what I think as a younger dude).

It seems that many of these newer YouTubers do not actually go in depth and their primary goal is just entertainment, so I don't think they actually help someone who wants to do good in tournaments. With that said they are still getting many younger people into fishing (As previously stated).

I myself do not watch the Googans or many of the other YouTubers. I just watch tacticalbassin and Scott Martin's tournament videos(yes, he does entertainment too but I take more stock into what he says because he is an actual professional).

Re: Ish and Scott Martin now with Skeeter! [Re: Sinkey] #13833257 01/05/21 09:22 PM
Sinkey Offline OP
Tidy Scoop
OP Offline
Tidy Scoop
Couple more good guys and sticks added. Looks like Todd and Jason from Rayburn went Skeeter as well.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide