Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
The 217,000
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
[Linked Image]

I hope there is zero pressure for anyone to take the vaccine. If people want to assume that risk, that's on them.

The 217,000 dead people would disagree with you on the virus being so innocuous they didn't know they had it.

There are two major things that make this virus so nasty.

1. It can be spread before people become symptomatic.
2. The infection fatality rate is fairly small at .6-.8%.

Those two things add up to make a highly contagious virus that doesn't quite kill enough to really sound alarms in the minds a lot of people. This equals a high body count when the dust settles. SARS killed 10% of the people it infected, but only killed 8,000 globally.

If you were going to design a virus to cause damage COVID-19 would be a pretty darn good one. 16 trillion USD evaporated globally. 1.5M dead. And the virus still has a long run ahead of it. I don't fear it, but I don't deny what it is either.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

[Linked Image]
Re: Covid Vaccine [Re: Douglas J] #13797514 12/07/20 08:48 PM
S
sprigsss Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
The risks of not getting vaccinated have always outweighed the risks of getting vaccinated.

The far majority of side effects and other conditions blamed on vaccines have never been scientifically linked.

IMO most spread these false opinions and debunked studies because they think its cool to be anti-vax. I think doing so is irresponsible and dangerous. If you don't want the vaccine, don't take the vaccine, just don't try to be hip by spreading false info about them. Someone just may listen to the bull and decide to not take one only to regret not doing so later.

I personally won't run to the front of the line immediately, not because I don't trust the vaccine. I think we need to make sure our healthcare workers and responders on the front-line are protected first. Then I believe we should target the elderly and those most at risk. When the majority of these people are protected, then I will gladly get vaccinated.

For all the bashing of the flu vaccine, I've gotten the flu vaccine at work or at school for the last 15 years. I have not contracted the flu since I began getting vaccinated. My wife and kids hate shots and they choose to not get the vaccine. They have gotten the flu about 4-5 different times in that same time span. While I shared a home with those infected with the flu, I never once contracted it.

Re: Covid Vaccine [Re: sprigsss] #13797533 12/07/20 09:12 PM
T
Tsunami_1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by sprigsss
The risks of not getting vaccinated have always outweighed the risks of getting vaccinated.

The far majority of side effects and other conditions blamed on vaccines have never been scientifically linked.

IMO most spread these false opinions and debunked studies because they think its cool to be anti-vax. I think doing so is irresponsible and dangerous. If you don't want the vaccine, don't take the vaccine, just don't try to be hip by spreading false info about them. Someone just may listen to the bull and decide to not take one only to regret not doing so later.

I personally won't run to the front of the line immediately, not because I don't trust the vaccine. I think we need to make sure our healthcare workers and responders on the front-line are protected first. Then I believe we should target the elderly and those most at risk. When the majority of these people are protected, then I will gladly get vaccinated.

For all the bashing of the flu vaccine, I've gotten the flu vaccine at work or at school for the last 15 years. I have not contracted the flu since I began getting vaccinated. My wife and kids hate shots and they choose to not get the vaccine. They have gotten the flu about 4-5 different times in that same time span. While I shared a home with those infected with the flu, I never once contracted it.

Yet another "Rational and Logical" thinker jumping into our shoot from the hip, say what makes you feel good, conversation. Where do these people come from?

Re: Covid Vaccine [Re: Tsunami_1] #13797537 12/07/20 09:15 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
Originally Posted by Tsunami_1

Yet another "Rational and Logical" thinker jumping into our shoot from the hip, say what makes you feel good, conversation. Where do these people come from?

If you check underneath the name, most people have a location listed there. That will probably answer your question. That guy Sprigssssssss might be from Snyder. Or, he could be lying. Never know with a name like Sprigssssss.

Re: Covid Vaccine [Re: Davedave] #13797547 12/07/20 09:21 PM
R
Rob W. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Davedave
Originally Posted by Tsunami_1

If you check underneath the name, most people have a location listed there. That will probably answer your question. That guy Sprigssssssss might be from Snyder. Or, he could be lying. Never know with a name like Sprigssssss.

I'm with you. Never trust someone with that many S's in their name.

[Linked Image]
Re: Covid Vaccine [Re: Douglas J] #13797615 12/07/20 10:33 PM
T
Techfisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I wish they would hurry up and approve it and get it here to Okie land....I need to get it so I can start practicing and shooting in the old geezers steel challenge matches here...:) Don't wanna hang with the younger folks cause they are all healthly like and stuff....and I might get the rona just from standing next to one of them invincible 30 to 40 somethings...:)

Re: Covid Vaccine [Re: Douglas J] #13797623 12/07/20 10:39 PM
Tiltman Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
How does anyone actually think this whole mess just "happened" naturally ?

Re: Covid Vaccine [Re: Tiltman] #13797631 12/07/20 10:44 PM
I
Icepick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
Originally Posted by Tiltman

I’m guessing it has to do with the fact viruses have been around for thousands of years.

This thread needs more cowbell ...
[Linked Image]

Re: Covid Vaccine [Re: Douglas J] #13797633 12/07/20 10:45 PM
B
bbquman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
I think I heard last week that the vaccine wasn't tested on pregnant women.

Google up THALIDOMIDE when you get a chance.

Re: Covid Vaccine [Re: Douglas J] #13797637 12/07/20 10:46 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Originally Posted by Icepick

I’m guessing it has to do with the fact viruses have been around for thousands of years.

Medical experts for years have been concerned about the close proximity of bats, pigs, birds, and ferrets and then the near raw consumption in the same location.

SARS started the same way. Thankfully it didn’t reach our shores significantly, but devastated many Far East countries in the early 2000s.

The scientific community was very concerned that SARS wouldn’t be the last virus to come from these animal/food markets. This generated a lot of medical literature, so much that it made its way into popular culture—movie Contagion from 2011.

[Linked Image]
Re: Covid Vaccine [Re: Icepick] #13797651 12/07/20 11:00 PM
Tiltman Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Icepick

I would think millions actually

so if these food markets are to blame why is it still a thing?

Re: Covid Vaccine [Re: Tiltman] #13797652 12/07/20 11:00 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D

I think it’s a whole hell of a lot more outrageous to think It didn’t happen naturally.

Re: Covid Vaccine [Re: Davedave] #13797654 12/07/20 11:02 PM
Tiltman Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Davedave

I think it’s a whole hell of a lot more outrageous to think It didn’t happen naturally.

To each his own...........

Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide