Re: The ammo shortage [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13785332 11/26/20 03:12 AM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
However, it is really no ones business, how many rounds of ammo a person can have. More power to anyone that does. I'm starting to hear a bunch of plastic straw nancys complaining about a person legally purchasing ammo. bolt

I’m not complaining about a person legally purchasing ammo at all. I’m marveling at the number of rounds one claims to have while simultaneously frantically looking for more.

I never questioned his right to buying ammo, or used the phrase “how many rounds a person can have.” A person can have as many rounds as they want. I’m questioning why someone would want 60,000 of one round, why they’d be stressing over finding more, and, later, discussed the reasoning behind it and if would make sense to have that much of a pistol round in a SHTF situation.

Relax. Read what people type before calling them a “bunch of plastic straw Nancys.”

I'm jealous of the guy having 60K rounds. Having said that 60K is too much in 99.99% of the scenarios and in the remaining 0.01 it's just not enough. No happy medium.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: The ammo shortage [Re: RayBob] #13785347 11/26/20 03:24 AM
B
Bob Davis Offline
Bunkeroid Bob
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by RayBob
However, it is really no ones business, how many rounds of ammo a person can have. More power to anyone that does. I'm starting to hear a bunch of plastic straw nancys complaining about a person legally purchasing ammo. bolt

I’m not complaining about a person legally purchasing ammo at all. I’m marveling at the number of rounds one claims to have while simultaneously frantically looking for more.

I never questioned his right to buying ammo, or used the phrase “how many rounds a person can have.” A person can have as many rounds as they want. I’m questioning why someone would want 60,000 of one round, why they’d be stressing over finding more, and, later, discussed the reasoning behind it and if would make sense to have that much of a pistol round in a SHTF situation.

Relax. Read what people type before calling them a “bunch of plastic straw Nancys.”

I'm jealous of the guy having 60K rounds. Having said that 60K is too much in 99.99% of the scenarios and in the remaining 0.01 it's just not enough. No happy medium.

When my stockpile gets down to 60K, I may have to try to buy some more.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: The ammo shortage [Re: WAWI] #13785352 11/26/20 03:26 AM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
I need some 9mm. I'm kinda new to the 9mm family so don't have a bunch.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: The ammo shortage [Re: RayBob] #13785387 11/26/20 04:32 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

It’s definitely not a quantity that would cause me to desperately try to find more at inflated prices. It might cause me to change my habits if was concerned about ammo manufacturers being outlawed from producing anymore. But i wouldn’t be at academy everyday trying to buy another 50 rounds at a 200% markup. Maybe I’d slow my range time down.

[Linked Image]
Re: The ammo shortage [Re: WAWI] #13785462 11/26/20 12:21 PM
Pinkus Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I seen the writing on the wall at the beginning of the year and bought what I could before it got crazy... Back then you could still buy 1000 rd cases “reasonable” priced... If only I knew what was gonna happen next I could make some coin reselling some of it, buuuuuttttt, America seems to be getting stupider by the day so I think I’ll hold onto it..

Re: The ammo shortage [Re: RayBob] #13785466 11/26/20 12:31 PM
Lannie Robertson Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Been seeing quite a bit of 9mm on CL advertised as ammo boxes.$30 for fiddy round boxes, and the same ammo i gave $7 a box for early summer.Still cheaper than $1 a round i have seen tho.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

Re: The ammo shortage [Re: WAWI] #13785497 11/26/20 01:25 PM
Jimbo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Don't be too concerned about running out of ammo!
You can't carry thousands of rounds of ammo on your person, and if you were to take a stand in place, odds are high that you won't use up very much of it before you are overrun!
Hoarders are going to continue to hoard, and the panic only puts money in their pocket, so people need to chill out!

Just one more cast!

Re: The ammo shortage [Re: Lannie Robertson] #13785506 11/26/20 01:37 PM
Uncle Zeek Offline
aka "Dad"
aka "Dad"
Originally Posted by Lannie Robertson

Been seeing quite a bit of 9mm on CL advertised as ammo boxes.$30 for fiddy round boxes, and the same ammo i gave $7 a box for early summer.Still cheaper than $1 a round i have seen tho.

Never would have dreamt to look on CL. Quite surprised to see how many "ammo box" ads are running.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: The ammo shortage [Re: Jimbo] #13785603 11/26/20 02:55 PM
C
Cmack Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted by Jimbo
You can't carry thousands of rounds of ammo on your person, and if you were to take a stand in place, odds are high that you won't use up very much of it before you are overrun!
Hoarders are going to continue to hoard, and the panic only puts money in their pocket, so people need to chill out!

One of the most logical posts on this thread.I hate to say it but if you're being over run by the unwashed, starving hordes not having mountains of 9mm will be the least of your problems. kinda reminds me of the folks clearing the shelves of all the toilet paper. Got a garage full of TP but not enough food to last 2 weeks. Sorry to inform them dumb [censored] but if you ain't got nothing to eat, you wont be making turds for too long. That pretty much negates the need for TP?

Re: The ammo shortage [Re: Jimbo] #13785670 11/26/20 03:43 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

what if you have an organized team
for defense ?

Re: The ammo shortage [Re: WAWI] #13785678 11/26/20 03:47 PM
Bigbob_FTW Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Big Sprocket Bob
My BIL keeps me well stocked.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: The ammo shortage [Re: WAWI] #13785683 11/26/20 03:53 PM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Just like fishing tackle, you never have enough. hmmm

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: The ammo shortage [Re: Cmack] #13785686 11/26/20 03:55 PM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Cmack

One of the most logical posts on this thread.I hate to say it but if you're being over run by the unwashed, starving hordes not having mountains of 9mm will be the least of your problems. kinda reminds me of the folks clearing the shelves of all the toilet paper. Got a garage full of TP but not enough food to last 2 weeks. Sorry to inform them dumb [censored] but if you ain't got nothing to eat, you wont be making turds for too long. That pretty much negates the need for TP?

OT helps with dysentery and cholera when there is no clean water.

Re: The ammo shortage [Re: Cmack] #13785705 11/26/20 04:15 PM
B
Bob Davis Offline
Bunkeroid Bob
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by Cmack

Not really. Overrun? roflmao I don't think so scooters.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: The ammo shortage [Re: Jimbo] #13785723 11/26/20 04:25 PM
O
OTFF Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O

Exactly.

If you/we ever get to a point of needing 60k of ammo, the individual/family/small group will not be able to hold off what’s coming. That is a fact. You will be overrun in short order. If you approach it rationally more money should be spent on setting up a defensive position rather than ammo. Most people’s idea of a defensive position, isn’t.
But to each their own.

Ephesians 4:4-6 KJV

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide