Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Re: The ammo shortage [Re: WAWI] #13784950 11/25/20 08:07 PM
Nocona Brian Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
The other caveat is even if you have it stored at different locations for bug out or SHTF type situations, you still have to be able to get there to use it.

Personally, I can't think of a place I want to defend bad enough that it'd take 60,000 rounds of 9mil. Even with family members helping, quality of life....

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: The ammo shortage [Re: WAWI] #13785032 11/25/20 10:14 PM
RipDaLips Offline
Old n Crusty
Old n Crusty
Psssst!

Ammoseek has 9mm 124g hollowpoints online now for 10.6cents a round.

[Linked Image]

Some folks mouths, flat out runs their minds.
Re: The ammo shortage [Re: Nocona Brian] #13785068 11/25/20 11:09 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by NoconaBrian
The other caveat is even if you have it stored at different locations for bug out or SHTF type situations, you still have to be able to get there to use it.

Personally, I can't think of a place I want to defend bad enough that it'd take 60,000 rounds of 9mil. Even with family members helping, quality of life....

That’s a bug part of it, as is determining which locations have how much, because it does no good to have it somewhere you can access it, and it would be nearly impossible to transport 60,000 rounds in a SHTF situation where you’re, in theory, getting out of dodge quickly.

But I don’t see the need for 60,000 rounds of 9 mm, mainly a pistol round, at all. I can definitely see 60,000 rounds of several different rounds combined, if it’s spread out at different locations and you’re a hardcore prepper. But I don’t see those guys talking about how much ammo they have.

[Linked Image]
Re: The ammo shortage [Re: WAWI] #13785083 11/25/20 11:28 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
However, it is really no ones business, how many rounds of ammo a person can have. More power to anyone that does. I'm starting to hear a bunch of plastic straw nancys complaining about a person legally purchasing ammo. bolt

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: The ammo shortage [Re: Bob Davis] #13785090 11/25/20 11:35 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
However, it is really no ones business, how many rounds of ammo a person can have. More power to anyone that does. I'm starting to hear a bunch of plastic straw nancys complaining about a person legally purchasing ammo. bolt

I’m not complaining about a person legally purchasing ammo at all. I’m marveling at the number of rounds one claims to have while simultaneously frantically looking for more.

I never questioned his right to buying ammo, or used the phrase “how many rounds a person can have.” A person can have as many rounds as they want. I’m questioning why someone would want 60,000 of one round, why they’d be stressing over finding more, and, later, discussed the reasoning behind it and if would make sense to have that much of a pistol round in a SHTF situation.

Relax. Read what people type before calling them a “bunch of plastic straw Nancys.”

[Linked Image]
Re: The ammo shortage [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13785095 11/25/20 11:43 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

I’m not complaining about a person legally purchasing ammo at all. I’m marveling at the number of rounds one claims to have while simultaneously frantically looking for more.

I never questioned his right to buying ammo, or used the phrase “how many rounds a person can have.” A person can have as many rounds as they want. I’m questioning why someone would want 60,000 of one round, why they’d be stressing over finding more, and, later, discussed the reasoning behind it and if would make sense to have that much of a pistol round in a SHTF situation.

Relax. Read what people type before calling them a “bunch of plastic straw Nancys.”

He gets “triggered” easy. Pun intended.

Cut him a break Duck. Weed isn’t legal yet, and he has about 40 pounds of stuff he carries around with him at all times.

Re: The ammo shortage [Re: Davedave] #13785113 11/25/20 11:57 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by Davedave

He gets “triggered” easy. Pun intended.

Cut him a break Duck. Weed isn’t legal yet, and he has about 40 pounds of stuff he carries around with him at all times.

Thanks Dave². I'm getting my chill on.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: The ammo shortage [Re: DillonCan'tFish] #13785195 11/26/20 01:25 AM
T
Trickster Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
T
Originally Posted by DillonCan'tFish
I've never owned a business, but I have heard the phrase "make hay while the sun is shining". But, for the life of me, I do not understand why Ammo mfgrs. are not hiring and cranking 24/7 to take advantage of the sales of ammo. Same with Lysol spray mfgrs. Guns and Butter, Supply and Demand. Geesh. Have we become that lazy that we turn Customers away? I would imagine that Gun Range owners are hurting right now. Who wants to rip through two boxes of 9mm ammo at a paper target to the tune of $70 alone for the cost of ammo.

Manufacturers are struggling to get the raw materials needed. Business was sloooowwww before all of this started, but they still planned for a moderate spike in sales since it is an election year. When all of the other stuff hit and the panicking started, manufacturers blew through their stock of materials and cleaned out their suppliers in no time. Now, they are scraping the bottom of the barrels to make the stuff, while we scrape the bottom of our barrels to have something to sell.

Then, when a manufacturer does happen to get a huge lot of ammo out to dealers, a large portion of those dealers will mark it up INSANE amounts and sit on it. Just talked to a customer in Florida who said a gun store local to him was selling 50rd boxes of JHP 9mm for $200 each...

Yep.

Re: The ammo shortage [Re: Nocona Brian] #13785237 11/26/20 01:49 AM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I'll tell ya what's stupid - every morning our Academy has the same line of people lined up waiting to get in to buy up whatever daily allotment of ammo they can. I think most are in the resale business....

That is probably the truth right there.
realmad

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: The ammo shortage [Re: Gungle] #13785242 11/26/20 01:51 AM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Gungle

For those prices I am sure they will have plenty months from now. whip

Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: The ammo shortage [Re: DillonCan'tFish] #13785253 11/26/20 02:00 AM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by DillonCan'tFish
I've never owned a business, but I have heard the phrase "make hay while the sun is shining". But, for the life of me, I do not understand why Ammo mfgrs. are not hiring and cranking 24/7 to take advantage of the sales of ammo. Same with Lysol spray mfgrs. Guns and Butter, Supply and Demand. Geesh. Have we become that lazy that we turn Customers away? I would imagine that Gun Range owners are hurting right now. Who wants to rip through two boxes of 9mm ammo at a paper target to the tune of $70 alone for the cost of ammo.

Manufacturers are struggling to get the raw materials needed. Business was sloooowwww before all of this started, but they still planned for a moderate spike in sales since it is an election year. When all of the other stuff hit and the panicking started, manufacturers blew through their stock of materials and cleaned out their suppliers in no time. Now, they are scraping the bottom of the barrels to make the stuff, while we scrape the bottom of our barrels to have something to sell.

Then, when a manufacturer does happen to get a huge lot of ammo out to dealers, a large portion of those dealers will mark it up INSANE amounts and sit on it. Just talked to a customer in Florida who said a gun store local to him was selling 50rd boxes of JHP 9mm for $200 each...

Must have been "Cheaper then Dirt" as they have a long history of raising prices to a level that some consider price gouging.
loco

Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: The ammo shortage [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13785265 11/26/20 02:10 AM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

That’s a bug part of it, as is determining which locations have how much, because it does no good to have it somewhere you can access it, and it would be nearly impossible to transport 60,000 rounds in a SHTF situation where you’re, in theory, getting out of dodge quickly.

But I don’t see the need for 60,000 rounds of 9 mm, mainly a pistol round, at all. I can definitely see 60,000 rounds of several different rounds combined, if it’s spread out at different locations and you’re a hardcore prepper. But I don’t see those guys talking about how much ammo they have.

you have made some really good points
on THIS thread
U R absolutely correct
on all of them

Re: The ammo shortage [Re: WAWI] #13785301 11/26/20 02:49 AM
chickenman Offline
1:28
1:28
I saw a guy with a loaded mag of hornady sst 223. That's like $60 these days roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: The ammo shortage [Re: butch sanders] #13785302 11/26/20 02:50 AM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by butch sanders

you have made some really good points
on THIS thread
U R absolutely correct
on all of them

Thank you, Butch. Happy Thanksgiving.

[Linked Image]
Re: The ammo shortage [Re: chickenman] #13785310 11/26/20 02:55 AM
Uncle Zeek Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Originally Posted by chickenman
I saw a guy with a loaded mag of hornady sst 223. That's like $60 these days roflmao

Yeah, I went to the range to test-fire a rifle with a new trigger recently. Took 120 rounds with me, but couldn't bear to fire more than half of it even though it was ammo I'd bought several years ago at much MUCH lower prices.

Next time I go to practice with my pistol, I may load one round per magazine.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide