Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Praise the Lord! [Re: i-Fish] #13679124 08/24/20 11:04 PM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by i-Fish
It’s good to see believers express their gratitude in the Lord.

I am not one to think that the Lord answers prayers within the sports world when there are other faithful competitors as well. Doesn’t make sense. Maybe if you were the only person of faith in a sport filled with agnostics. Lol. But outside of that I think the Lord doesn’t directly bless one Christian over another with winning fish. My two cents.

Sounds like you have no faith in the LORD. I feel sorry for you. He loves us more than we can imagine. Maybe some day you will see the light.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Praise the Lord! [Re: doctorb] #13679126 08/24/20 11:07 PM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by doctorb

I am not one to think that the Lord answers prayers within the sports world when there are other faithful competitors as well. Doesn’t make sense. Maybe if you were the only person of faith in a sport filled with agnostics. Lol. But outside of that I think the Lord doesn’t directly bless one Christian over another with winning fish. My two cents.

I'm with you on this. I hope the Lord has better things to do than bless a tournament angler with some 5 pound smallmouth to put in his livewell. Maybe like keeping him from falling out of his boat or sinking his boat!

Another lost soul. The LORD has power over everything. Sad to see that you have such little faith.

Last edited by ezbassin; 08/24/20 11:07 PM.
Re: Praise the Lord! [Re: Champion1] #13679130 08/24/20 11:09 PM
Jons3825 Offline
" Mod Alert"
" Mod Alert"
Originally Posted by Champion1
Not sure the Lord even wastes his time on a activity that is sort like gambling in a sense. I could be wrong Ive been wrong before.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I think we put it in a way we can understand or measure. In the whole scheme of things is a fisherman being blessed in a sporting event the end goal? Or is it that someone needs to see a figure submit their self to a higher power? I personally feel that God does not care who wins or looses a game or event, but more so how the victor or even the others who do not win handle the outcome. If they can win and be humble to praise Him or if they can gracefully handle the defeat while still praising Him then that is overall a bigger deal. When you have many followers, you don’t know who is going through what or needs to hear or see something at that point in their life or journey. But He does and our ultimate prayer daily should be for Him to use us to further the kingdom. All in all we are all parts of the body doing our job. Who is humble enough to submit and allow the all mighty to use is for his glory.

[Linked Image]
PM me for diving info or for recovery quote's.
LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Originally Posted by Brad
I will be back. I'm never truly gone
Re: Praise the Lord! [Re: ezbassin] #13679136 08/24/20 11:12 PM
wiredog Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by ezbassin

Sounds like you have no faith in the LORD. I feel sorry for you. He loves us more than we can imagine. Maybe some day you will see the light.

Ez Ez, we should encourage each other not tear one another down.

Re: Praise the Lord! [Re: White Oak Skeeter] #13679149 08/24/20 11:23 PM
White Oak Skeeter Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
My wife and I are adopting two babies, and we are far from young. I take NO credit in what we are doing. BUT, I do thank the Lord for putting them in our lives every single day. It's a giant challenge, but I thank HIM for the gift he has given us. PERSONALLY, I feel he touches our lives even in the smallest of things. I also believe he sometimes gives us that 5th fish!! But, as they say, that's me.

Re: Praise the Lord! [Re: White Oak Skeeter] #13679152 08/24/20 11:25 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by ForneySkeeter
My wife and I are adopting two babies, and we are far from young. I take NO credit in what we are doing. BUT, I do thank the Lord for putting them in our lives every single day. It's a giant challenge, but I thank HIM for the gift he has given us. PERSONALLY, I feel he touches our lives even in the smallest of things. I also believe he sometimes gives us that 5th fish!! But, as they say, that's me.

I pray for the first fish! And the second, third, fourth, and fifth! Ha.

Congratulations on the life long joy you and your family are gonna be blessed with!

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Praise the Lord! [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13679222 08/25/20 12:26 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Brent S
I wonder if the Japanese angler praises his deity and I missed it. Lol. Or it was edited.

He didn't win, so obviously his diety isn't the right one. No need to overcomplicate things.

He got his first top 10!
Originally Posted by Used2fish
I wonder if the Japanese angler praises his deity and I missed it. Lol. Or it was edited.

How do you know he is not a Christian? Because he's not a white male? Asia actually has one of the largest growing Christian populations.

He could be Christian Muslim agnostic atheist.

Which is exactly why I didn’t say “Jesus”, “Buddha”, “Satan”, etc.

Actually I think he has 3 top 10's this year

Re: Praise the Lord! [Re: Dubee] #13679233 08/25/20 12:38 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Dubee
Originally Posted by Brent S

He didn't win, so obviously his diety isn't the right one. No need to overcomplicate things.

He got his first top 10!
Originally Posted by Used2fish

How do you know he is not a Christian? Because he's not a white male? Asia actually has one of the largest growing Christian populations.

He could be Christian Muslim agnostic atheist.

Which is exactly why I didn’t say “Jesus”, “Buddha”, “Satan”, etc.

Actually I think he has 3 top 10's this year
You are right and I couldn’t have been more wrong. Hah. He has 3 in a row. Must be that 6lb Tatsu line he uses.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Praise the Lord! [Re: White Oak Skeeter] #13679259 08/25/20 12:50 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
" To God be the Glory"! angel2

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Praise the Lord! [Re: White Oak Skeeter] #13679262 08/25/20 12:53 AM
Minner Bucket Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Proof we could argue about anything.

Re: Praise the Lord! [Re: Minner Bucket] #13679267 08/25/20 12:55 AM
wiredog Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

Cant argue that. We are only human.

Last edited by wiredog; 08/25/20 12:56 AM.
Re: Praise the Lord! [Re: Minner Bucket] #13680437 08/25/20 11:53 PM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Ain't that the truth? As far as what part of my life(and your life) my Lord and Savior wants to be a part of? Every part of it. He wants to be included in EVERYTHING!

Re: Praise the Lord! [Re: White Oak Skeeter] #13680595 08/26/20 02:00 AM
F
FishAdmirer Offline
Angler
Angler
F
I have not seen the video, but he probably prayed he would do his best for his family and sponsors and bring glory to God through his performance. He took advantage of his victory and used the opportunity to call attention to and thank God. I applaud his public Christian faith and testimony if genuine. I don't know anything about him. I've seen other winners in other situations do the same kind of thing and it can be admirable or laughable depending on the consistency of their lifestyles.

I, too, have always wondered and doubted if God shows preference to people in such situations. I now think He might at times. God is sovereign. He may choose to allow a Christian to win if He has good purposes for it. He may allow a Christian to lose for other good purposes. It is hard to know. God is good and shows grace to believers and nonbelievers. He works in mysterious ways!

If God does not show preference in a situation, then the Christian man had a great performance and win and gave God the glory for it. It is still admirable. Sometimes people say things a little wrong or off when they are excited or nervous.

It is probably best for all of us to pray in faith, do what we do to the best of our God-given ability and give all the glory to God when we have the opportunity. There are opportunities to learn, be an example and glorify God in both winning and losing.

Just my $.02. I'm still learning and have a lot to learn about God and Jesus. Join me!

Last edited by FishAdmirer; 08/26/20 02:02 AM.

Lowe 1860 CC on Eagle Mountain Lake

Catching fish never gets old.
Re: Praise the Lord! [Re: ezbassin] #13680637 08/26/20 02:51 AM
D
doctorb Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Originally Posted by ezbassin
Originally Posted by doctorb

I'm with you on this. I hope the Lord has better things to do than bless a tournament angler with some 5 pound smallmouth to put in his livewell. Maybe like keeping him from falling out of his boat or sinking his boat!

Another lost soul. The LORD has power over everything. Sad to see that you have such little faith.

I am a lost soul and have no faith because I'm not quite sure God is concerned with an angler winning a fishing tournament?

Re: Praise the Lord! [Re: White Oak Skeeter] #13680727 08/26/20 10:21 AM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
I'm pretty sure God could care less who wins or loses a fishing tournament, football, basketball, hockey or golf match... If you pray for a win and I pray for a win, aren't we putting the Lord in a non-winnable position???... I pray that I perform to the best of my ability and that no one get injured... Let the chips fall where they may... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide