Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Tallgrass05] #13667287 08/14/20 02:41 AM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by Tallgrass05
If cops would stop murdering people, than movements to reduce funding for police departments might not be taking place.

I'm getting a strong whiff of "whataboutism" here. Fairy tales.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13667299 08/14/20 02:49 AM
T
Tallgrass05 Offline
bill maher's protege
bill maher's protege
T
That was a valid point. Years of police brutality and murder against minorities sparked the whole BLM movement. The police responses to peaceful and legal demonstrators did not help the police case. You’d think they’d know they were being recorded behaving just as badly as many people think they are. That's why cities are reducing their funding--poor community relations.

Supporting better policing does not mean a person hates all cops. That’s like saying if a person is against child abuse, he hates all parents.

While you think I’m smug and passive-aggressive, all my points are clearly, logically, and stated without emotional histrionics, but somehow all the name-callers don't seem to get chided.

Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Tallgrass05] #13667302 08/14/20 02:57 AM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
That was a valid point. Years of police brutality and murder against minorities sparked the whole BLM movement. The police responses to peaceful and legal demonstrators did not help the police case. You’d think they’d know they were being recorded behaving just as badly as many people think they are. That's why cities are reducing their funding--poor community relations.

Supporting better policing does not mean a person hates all cops. That’s like saying if a person is against child abuse, he hates all parents.

While you think I’m smug and passive-aggressive, all my points are clearly, logically, and stated without emotional histrionics, but somehow all the name-callers don't seem to get chided.

Cool story, bro.

Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Tallgrass05] #13667313 08/14/20 03:08 AM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W

Why dont you come on down to fort worth. I'll drop you off in an area and let you hang out there for a day, then you can get back to us on whether police are needed. It will be great. roflmao

Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Tallgrass05] #13667319 08/14/20 03:10 AM
Bee'z Offline
honey boo boo
honey boo boo
"That money will be redirected instead to a wide variety of community programs and city departments, including Austin-Travis County EMS for COVID-19 response, mental health response, violence prevention and a family violence shelter and protection and victim services."

Why is that a problem?

Further proof you are a freaking Troll. Good god roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Tallgrass05] #13667321 08/14/20 03:12 AM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B

It is just that you get your so called "facts" from unfactual politically leftist biased sites. You may think you are a legend in your own mind, but you are just a Bill Ayers carryover, radical anti-American. You simply parrot the liberal, antifa agenda from those sites on here and try to wax philosophical. The BLM, as stated by its ruling leaders claim to be Marxist. You are then fighting for a Marxist agenda by siding with them. Your opinion is bovine scat to me.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Kicker16] #13667330 08/14/20 03:22 AM
lakeforkfisherman Offline
Elliptical Mechanic
Elliptical Mechanic
Keep Austin stupid.

LET’S GO BRANDON!!!
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Tallgrass05] #13667331 08/14/20 03:24 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

So, your response to my points is that defunding will result in better policing, and that’s your way of supporting police? Can you please list your reasoning? Any proof of that being the case? Less funding = better policing? There are real issues with police in this country, and it will be decades before it’s addressed because of smugness and illogic like that.

The cities that didn’t have responses at all are in ruins. Minneapolis is now requiring any business that was destroyed to pay the second half of its property taxes before the business can get a permit to remove the rubble of their business and rebuild. The property taxes are for services, such as making sure their businesses aren’t destroyed, and now they can’t even get a demolition permit to remove dangerous and toxic rubble to re-start.

Where were the police and elected officials preventing private property from being destroyed? Lives ruined. People killed?

You have no valid point. The valid point is, George Floyd shouldn’t have had officers kneel on his neck, back and legs for nine minutes, three of which he was unresponsive.

Peaceful protesting is an American institution. Destroying private property of innocent fellow citizens for three months afterwards is not. That’s called anarchy. The peaceful protests were overshadowed by anarchists and fascists. You’re not even trying to differentiate between the obvious. And I hope you compare this to the Boston Tea Party, because that would be comical.

Defunding police doesn’t solve anything. Funding police and adding the things you mentioned might help certain situations. But the rest of your posts have made it clear that you aren’t making your point in context of everything that’s gone on since March.

Show me where you’ve supported better police in this thread, and then we can have a real conversation. Saying you’re passive-aggressive and smug is not name calling, by the way. It’s an adjective. If I called you a name, it would have to be a noun.

[Linked Image]
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Kicker16] #13667335 08/14/20 03:26 AM
K
Kicker16 Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
K
No no no, please don't have him list anymore dribble I've seen it for a long time from him

Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Bob Davis] #13667338 08/14/20 03:27 AM
S
Stump jumper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
If cops would stop murdering people, than movements to reduce funding for police departments might not be taking place.

If folks would just cooperate and quit resisting arrest cops would not kill them.i am getting a little perturbed about all this carp. How many white dudes are killed by cops and what are they doing when it happens?

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Stump jumper] #13667342 08/14/20 03:32 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Stump jumper

If folks would just cooperate and quit resisting arrest cops would not kill them.i am getting a little perturbed about all this carp. How many white dudes are killed by cops and what are they doing when it happens?

Plenty of white people. Resisting arrest is bad. There are plenty of examples of people “resisting arrest” that aren’t actually resisting arrest. There is an issue, but it’s not as great an issue as protestors make it seem and it’s certainly not a police-on-black issue exclusively.

[Linked Image]
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13667357 08/14/20 03:53 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by Stump jumper

Plenty of white people. Resisting arrest is bad. There are plenty of examples of people “resisting arrest” that aren’t actually resisting arrest. There is an issue, but it’s not as great an issue as protestors make it seem and it’s certainly not a police-on-black issue exclusively.

100% accurate - it's culture and stupidity that creates these situations 99% of the time. 1% of the time it's bad cops, and that usually ends in a criminal trial regardless of skin color of those involved.

In the other 99%, sometimes it's an idiot white methhead, and sometimes it's a black guy whose entire community told him since he was born that cops hate him and he should run from them if he gets in trouble. Problem is that the first case gets no publicity and the second does and the situation is blamed on skin color when it's nearly always due to poor decisions by the civilian.

So much stupid being put forth by the left...

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Tallgrass05] #13667362 08/14/20 04:15 AM
B
BrahmanTx Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B

How do you feel about abortion clinics murdering innocent children? And don't say that's whataboutism.

-------------------------
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: boocat] #13667369 08/14/20 04:56 AM
C
Chug-bug-bang1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C

Originally Posted by boocat
IBTL

Hey pull my finger 👉🏻💨
Re: Austin to Defund Police [Re: Kicker16] #13667371 08/14/20 04:58 AM
G
Gusick Online Sick
TFF Guru
Online Sick
TFF Guru
G
At the risk of being called an America-hating commie, I'm going to say abortion does not justify or equate to police violence, or any other murder. Although I used to be, I am no longer brainwashed to believe that opposing abortion is the sole measure of morality. I now see it as a get out of jail card that has been trumped up as the ultimate sin so Christians can use it to reconcile greed, racism, violence and contempt for the poor.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide