Forums59
Topics1,039,358
Posts13,963,345
Members144,201
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: emorydog] #13637635 07/20/20 10:34 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by emorydog
Originally Posted by Neal G
BASS did not want a positive COVID test that are being conducted in NY to eliminate an angler for next year by missing tournaments.

Makes you wonder why they would hold the tourney in a state that would REQUIRE a medical test to compete and FORCE someone to potentially to sit out based on that test. Now if the tests were 100% accurate...and they clearly aren’t...it’s likely some have to sit out even though the next test may prove them negative. And heaven forbid if any competitor was around any the guys that tested positive as they will have to be isolated too, right. Hell they might end up with only like 23 anglers for this tourney when proximity factors ripple through

It was a horrible decision to keep NY on the schedule when all this got rolling, and they should have put in the time and effort to find a better venue. One that wouldn’t have to essentially scrub the year of competition, as getting a mulligan on the front nine is amateur hour and what they are right now. It was 100% self inflicted. There are plenty of other lakes and states that could have easily accommodated them with just the slightest vision, but nobody there seems to possess that core trait.

Leadership is lazy and shortsighted and simply trying to hold on the the field with all the money going away just so they have so they have something next year. The newer young anglers self funding ain’t gonna be good as they likely don’t have the resources without putting their personal finances at risk, it’s easy to see. I thought I heard TheG called Boid to see if he could pay another 55k to actually come back over, but that is unconfirmed. Seems if they are going to push this year, they better make it two years so not to affect the ones that would have solidified their position with hard work and focus this year just to possibly lose it next year.

...it’s all very weak and I’m sure you all recognize it like I do. Now whether you are willing to admit it..well that’s another story. There are just too many tied to “the industry” to actually have an opinion of their own have to tread lightly publicly or the 15% discount goes bye-bye.

Did Big O change his name and switch sides?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: rj74955] #13637658 07/20/20 10:55 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by rj74955
BASS did not want a positive COVID test that are being conducted in NY to eliminate an angler for next year by missing tournaments.

Makes you wonder why they would hold the tourney in a state that would REQUIRE a medical test to compete and FORCE someone to potentially to sit out based on that test. Now if the tests were 100% accurate...and they clearly aren’t...it’s likely some have to sit out even though the next test may prove them negative. And heaven forbid if any competitor was around any the guys that tested positive as they will have to be isolated too, right. Hell they might end up with only like 23 anglers for this tourney when proximity factors ripple through

It was a horrible decision to keep NY on the schedule when all this got rolling, and they should have put in the time and effort to find a better venue. One that wouldn’t have to essentially scrub the year of competition, as getting a mulligan on the front nine is amateur hour and what they are right now. It was 100% self inflicted. There are plenty of other lakes and states that could have easily accommodated them with just the slightest vision, but nobody there seems to possess that core trait.

Leadership is lazy and shortsighted and simply trying to hold on the the field with all the money going away just so they have so they have something next year. The newer young anglers self funding ain’t gonna be good as they likely don’t have the resources without putting their personal finances at risk, it’s easy to see. I thought I heard TheG called Boid to see if he could pay another 55k to actually come back over, but that is unconfirmed. Seems if they are going to push this year, they better make it two years so not to affect the ones that would have solidified their position with hard work and focus this year just to possibly lose it next year.

...it’s all very weak and I’m sure you all recognize it like I do. Now whether you are willing to admit it..well that’s another story. There are just too many tied to “the industry” to actually have an opinion of their own have to tread lightly publicly or the 15% discount goes bye-bye.

Seems like it

Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: rj74955] #13637708 07/20/20 11:46 PM
Neal G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by rj74955

flehan roflmao

Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: emorydog] #13637719 07/20/20 11:52 PM
Neal G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

If any of the leagues had their [censored] in order, we would have a lot less to talk about.

I will however give more credit to BASS on this than you but that is ok. BASS has long standing relationships with some of these communities. Some of these communities have been very good "customers" of BASS by paying BASS a lot of money over the years. I suspect some of this is about maintaining that long term relationship. And besides, I think (could be wrong because I don't pay a lot of attention to them) the stick and ball professional teams are doing the same to have their events in NY.

Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: H2O Seeker] #13637759 07/21/20 12:21 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: H2O Seeker] #13637853 07/21/20 01:43 AM
H2O Seeker Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Eastern Open at Oneida has been post poned too.

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: TxBazzn] #13637894 07/21/20 02:06 AM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by TxBazzn
[quote=Neal G]BASS did not want a positive COVID test that are being conducted in NY to eliminate an angler for next year by missing tournaments.

You seem informed: What goes into setting these tournaments locations originally? And what all needs to be done to move the events? What do the logistics look like and costs associated with a last minute changes?
You make it sound very easy to do.

Also, fill us in on Swindle asking to return. That’s breaking news and really shocking considering the kind words he had for them after he left. And what money and Anglers are leaving? Where do they go?

I had a little free time to help you out with your numerous questions.

Q..What goes into setting these tournaments locations originally?...
A...It’s actually easy, you call around and see what chamber of commerce will pay the most and have it there.

Q...And what all needs to be done to move the events? ...
A...it’s actually easy, you send a group text and tell them to go to a different place.

Q...What do the logistics look like and costs associated with a last minute changes?...
A...It’s actually easy, you already contacted everyone to go somewhere else and they just show up there. Then You can just book the whole super 8 for the workers and the competitors do their own thing anyway. The cost...well it’s nothing compared to blowing up the entire year and scrapping your entire points and qualifying format and accumulated stats because of your own poor decisions. Tell me if you would, what happens when the top 2 guys in AOY race test positive (maybe they have it maybe not) and have to sit out the tourney and how that shakes out. They didn’t think it through and now they will now have to wear the diaper they put on.

Q...And what money and Anglers are leaving?...
A... it’s actually easy to follow, the money leaving would be from sponsors the individual fishermen procured both locally and regionally whose advertising budgets have gone to the wayside from closures and layoffs due to the current conditions and are just trying to stay open. The Anglers leaving are the ones who can’t afford to both bankroll the tour expenses and pay the bills at home without sponsor help.

Q...Where do they go?...
A...its actually easy, they go back and run a landscape business, detail cars, shelve books at the library, manage an ice cream shop, or sell building materials...whatever they were doing before thinking fishing for a living was going to be fun.

No, I’m not big O but just wanted to point out a few things that may or may not happen regarding the sacred Lamb that is BASS. MLF takes a beating on some stuff too and rightly so. There is an abundance of nutkickers on here just thought I would join in for a few rounds when I get a chance.

weber
Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: H2O Seeker] #13637933 07/21/20 02:35 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Why couldn't someone that test positive fish? They will be alone every day anyway. Just have them stay in the truck for weigh in and somebody grab their fish out of the live well and go weigh them. Seems easy

Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: H2O Seeker] #13637977 07/21/20 03:16 AM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
The location is not a problem, they're basically quarantined as soon as they cross the state line. They're on a work permit pretty much, they can go from the lake to the motel and that's it. The state and BASS have been working on this for months, it's going to be 2 outstanding tournaments. You don't move tournaments like this unless it's absolutely unavoidable. Some of these guys wouldn't fish BASS if it wasn't for the northern swing.

Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13637987 07/21/20 03:28 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
Originally Posted by SC-001

#1 absolutetly, see Jimmie Johnson nascar fiasco about having to miss that race when re really didn't have the virus
#2 terribly terribly shortsighted by BASS, their leadership is inept

what fiasco for jimmie? he tested positive on a wed or thur test and was negative 5 to 6 days later.

it was his first test and he only got it because his wife wasnt feeling well with allergy like symptoms and she got tested and was positive.

jimmie could have had covid and gave it to his wife... when he got tested, his first test ever on that wed or thur he may have already had covid for 10 days and just never showed any symptoms.

THAT is called asymptomatic... a carrier of covid who can walk around sharing it but has no symptoms showing.

Dale Jarrett was asymptomatic also... I think he got tested to travel to something and it turned out he was positive and he self quarantined and NEVER had any sickness or any symptoms..

From what I've read he didn't have it, it was a false positive and they said he created a few new curse words when he found out laugh

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 07/21/20 03:38 AM.
Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: Mark Perry] #13637993 07/21/20 03:35 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

NOT GOOD NEWS FOR BASS... next event is at one of those FLW had to move

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 07/21/20 03:38 AM.
Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: emorydog] #13638123 07/21/20 12:23 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U

No, I’m not big O.

I can confirm this. Everything else he said is questionable. duel

Re: '20 ELITES auto re-qualify for '21 season [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13638135 07/21/20 12:33 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

NOT GOOD NEWS FOR BASS... next event is at one of those FLW had to move

Huh?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread