B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by ReelSlow
Originally Posted by MARKIT
I think the USA will have to step up our game a bit to compete with china as far as manufacturing
almost every old school brand name you grew up with is now made in china,
not just harbor freight its the same thing a lowes and HD, all made in china

not sure Americans have the technology to put together a TV anymore, if we did it would cost 50,000 bucks

Step up our game? Our Game is already light years ahead of China. Their "game" is CHILD LABOR, inferior raw materials, [censored] engineering, huge manufacturing tolerances, reverse engineering out designs, no cost of following safety standards.

Americans have the technology to do ANYTHING any other country can do. China steals our technology. They are the least innovative country on the planet. All they do is steal our technology and use all the things I said to make cheap sheet products that fall apart in the box on the way over.

You are correct sir.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Can we quit China [Re: slim 285] #13539709 04/30/20 12:07 AM
R
ReelBusy Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Old school brands are made in China by US companies (for the most part) Consumers are going to have to decide if Made in the USA is worth paying a little more.

Re: Can we quit China [Re: ReelBusy] #13539713 04/30/20 12:12 AM
E
Emit R Detsaw Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by Hancock
Old school brands are made in China by US companies (for the most part) Consumers are going to have to decide if Made in the USA is worth paying a little more.

Or, you can buy "Made in America" but it's owned by a Chinese company - Example: Stoves, refrigerators, washers and dryers from General Electric

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Can we quit China [Re: TR176] #13539735 04/30/20 12:38 AM
P
pchapin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Originally Posted by TR176
Originally Posted by pchapin
Originally Posted by Samsonsworld
We just need to eliminate unions and the minimum wage. Lowering the cost of labor would increase our ability to produce goods and it would help reduce unemployment.

You see a future where factory workers will be earning barely enough for a bowl of rice and beans and a cot to sleep on. I don't see that happening but maybe that is the future.

But they would have free healthcare and masters degrees in studies. The model exists.

No one will ever have free healthcare. Doctors will never work for free. We don't even have free healthcare for old people, not even close.

“No reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact”
P01135809
Re: Can we quit China [Re: slim 285] #13539789 04/30/20 01:21 AM
wiredog Offline
Angler
Angler
Im sure you guys have watched shark tank. The "investors" take good american products and ideas off shore, why because subsidized currency, child labor, inferior engineering assure the guys like mark cuban get even wealthier. The answer, cut out the sharks.

Re: Can we quit China [Re: donothin] #13539790 04/30/20 01:23 AM
S
silvers Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by donothin
I don't think we can beat China at their own game. We have let ourselves get behind in a lot of technology while they were improving. I have noticed that many of the top scientist in this country are of Oriental decent. Not sure how the smartest of theirs compared to the smartest of ours would turn out. I see that the valedictorian in many graduating classes are of some other nationality. That has illustrated the lower priority we have placed on education compared families that have immigrated here from some countries.

Wait, you mean sports are not important and have had a negative effect on our children? Surely we as a people value what we have here in the great USA. I mean for gods sake DAK just got a new contract, what’s going wrong here.

call it what you will...he is not definitely not anywhere near the top of the list for QB's that I would choose needing a FG or touchdown drive late in the game.
Re: Can we quit China [Re: ReelSlow] #13539908 04/30/20 03:07 AM
MARKIT Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by ReelSlow
Originally Posted by MARKIT
I think the USA will have to step up our game a bit to compete with china as far as manufacturing
almost every old school brand name you grew up with is now made in china,
not just harbor freight its the same thing a lowes and HD, all made in china

not sure Americans have the technology to put together a TV anymore, if we did it would cost 50,000 bucks

Step up our game? Our Game is already light years ahead of China. Their "game" is CHILD LABOR, inferior raw materials, [censored] engineering, huge manufacturing tolerances, reverse engineering out designs, no cost of following safety standards.

Americans have the technology to do ANYTHING any other country can do. China steals our technology. They are the least innovative country on the planet. All they do is steal our technology and use all the things I said to make cheap sheet products that fall apart in the box on the way over.

Its not the 70's anymore
name one smart phone manufactured in America,

Re: Can we quit China [Re: donothin] #13539976 04/30/20 04:32 AM
Bee'z Offline
honey boo boo
honey boo boo
Originally Posted by donothin
I don't think we can beat China at their own game. We have let ourselves get behind in a lot of technology while they were improving. I have noticed that many of the top scientist in this country are of Oriental decent. Not sure how the smartest of theirs compared to the smartest of ours would turn out. I see that the valedictorian in many graduating classes are of some other nationality. That has illustrated the lower priority we have placed on education compared families that have immigrated here from some countries.

And that is Trumps fault? You are on the wall for the simple fact that you are dumb. Jesus christ where do these idiots come from..

[Linked Image]
Re: Can we quit China [Re: Jpurdue] #13539991 04/30/20 05:21 AM
Bee'z Offline
honey boo boo
honey boo boo
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Very tough to quit china unless tariffs are put in place. Which creates its own set of problems. Here's the basic problem though.

The CEO's of competing tool companies A and B, each make their tools in America. Profit margins for both companies are about 14%. Both have a stock price of 30 dollars a share. The next quarter the CEO of company B starts to source some of the tools from China at 1/3 the cost. Yeah, quality goes down a little, but customers don't seem to care much. Profit margins rise to 20%. His stock shoots up to 40 dollars a share. Since 80% of the CEO's compensation is in the form of options, he just pocketed enough money to retire wealthy. The following quarter CEO A who also wants to retire wealthy follows suit does the same thing. Rinse and repeat.

The Chinese government subsidizes the costs of many industries. I can't tell you how many times I've looked to bring bring the machining of a steel component back to the US only to find out that I can get a machined part from China cheaper than I can buy the raw steel here in the US. Hence the reason tariffs make at least some sense in my mind.

We have given china too much for too long. F china

[Linked Image]
Re: Can we quit China [Re: Beer Money] #13540010 04/30/20 08:37 AM
R
RickS. Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Beer Money
I think providing jobs to Mexico and central America would benefit us in multiple ways.
If we give all these people jobs where they currently live and still get inexpensive manufacturing, it slows down the illegal immigration problem saving us money.

I've been saying that for years. I would rather see us help our neighbors than China any day.

Re: Can we quit China [Re: slim 285] #13540021 04/30/20 09:51 AM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
I think we should be less dependent on China for sure but many larger companies have subsidiaries all over the world not just the US. Right or wrong they will chase the cheapest labor and have for a long time.

Re: Can we quit China [Re: Gusick] #13540026 04/30/20 10:02 AM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted by Gusick
I would like to visit China. I enjoyed Wild China on Netflix.

It a communist country I wouldn't recommend it. Hong Kong is not really China it a hybrid.

Re: Can we quit China [Re: RickS.] #13540027 04/30/20 10:04 AM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted by RickS.
Originally Posted by Beer Money
I think providing jobs to Mexico and central America would benefit us in multiple ways.
If we give all these people jobs where they currently live and still get inexpensive manufacturing, it slows down the illegal immigration problem saving us money.

I've been saying that for years. I would rather see us help our neighbors than China any day.

Mexico is no longer a cheap place for goods and services like it was years ago, with so many illegal living in the USA they send US dollars to Mexico via Western Union or Zoom or bank transfer. China can still bring in workers from the province and pay them squat

Re: Can we quit China [Re: Bee'z] #13540036 04/30/20 10:36 AM
F
fishentime Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F

We have given china too much for too long. F china[/quote]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide