Forums59
Topics1,039,331
Posts13,962,997
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Some "Mighty Fine" Creek Fishing ! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13551230 05/09/20 04:41 AM
banker-always fishing Offline OP
Pumpkin Head
OP Offline
Pumpkin Head
Thanks Yesenia and Leo and Butch Sanders for the replies! Butch Sanders: Steve loves his fresh fish!

Side Note: He works for a major grocery chain and I always kid him by saying our fishing spots are the "Sea Food Department" of his business! Butch Sanders: Yes he always carries a tape measure just in case he wants to measure a fish that is a border line keeper. He loves bass in the 14 to 18 inch range. He also loves White Bass and Crappie along with Sunfish (Which there is no size limit for sunfish.). thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Some "Mighty Fine" Creek Fishing ! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13557167 05/14/20 12:46 PM
L
Laker One Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Chuck you guys are having one heck of a year fishing those creeks. Any predictions of the creek summer bite? Again super post and some super fish. Good job guys. woot

Re: Some "Mighty Fine" Creek Fishing ! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13557566 05/14/20 04:38 PM
C
cellis Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Nice pics, Chuck. Looks like fun!

Re: Some "Mighty Fine" Creek Fishing ! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13565283 05/20/20 07:22 PM
Pumpkin Head
OP Offline
Pumpkin Head
Thanks Curtis and Cellis for the replies. Curtis: Creek fishing is going to be good all year around as long they stay in good shape water wise! thumb

Re: Some "Mighty Fine" Creek Fishing ! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13565896 05/21/20 03:47 AM
R
Ryanfish Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
Started trying my luck with some creek fishing in the area. I live in Richardson so I'm pretty close to Rowlett, Spring and White Rock creeks. Initially went in for LMB and still am on the hunt for my first creek bass (brought a buddy to Spring Creek Forest preserve in Garland and of course he reeled in a 3 pounder last week). However in the meantime, I've really enjoyed catching sunnies. Spent the afternoon on a little stretch of White Rock Creek in Plano today and nailed about 8-10 Green and I think Bluegill (I'm pretty bad at identifying them) in the space of about 30 minutes. Not interested in keeping them and all but one was far too small but it sure is fun! Enjoying the adventure that comes with hunting for creek access and not knowing what you're walking into with what's all living there, friendly or not friendly. Have had a lot of luck with rooster tails, is that pretty common? My only experience with catching sunfish has been accidental and when bass fishing in Florida and an aggressive 1+ pounder grabs my pretty sizable bass lure.

Last edited by Ryanfish; 05/21/20 03:48 AM.
Re: Some "Mighty Fine" Creek Fishing ! [Re: Ryanfish] #13565971 05/21/20 10:28 AM
Pumpkin Head
OP Offline
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted by Ryanfish
Started trying my luck with some creek fishing in the area. I live in Richardson so I'm pretty close to Rowlett, Spring and White Rock creeks. Initially went in for LMB and still am on the hunt for my first creek bass (brought a buddy to Spring Creek Forest preserve in Garland and of course he reeled in a 3 pounder last week). However in the meantime, I've really enjoyed catching sunnies. Spent the afternoon on a little stretch of White Rock Creek in Plano today and nailed about 8-10 Green and I think Bluegill (I'm pretty bad at identifying them) in the space of about 30 minutes. Not interested in keeping them and all but one was far too small but it sure is fun! Enjoying the adventure that comes with hunting for creek access and not knowing what you're walking into with what's all living there, friendly or not friendly. Have had a lot of luck with rooster tails, is that pretty common? My only experience with catching sunfish has been accidental and when bass fishing in Florida and an aggressive 1+ pounder grabs my pretty sizable bass lure.

Ryanfish: Thanks for the reply. Catching sunfish is a BLAST especially if you are using light or ultralight tackle. Texas has six species of sunfish. Bluegill, Redear, Redbreast,Green,Warmouth,and Longear. There is a species identification section on the Texas Parks and Wildlife Website that can help in identifying your fish. You can also post some of your catches here in the Bluegill Section. There are a lot of GREAT Anglers here that can help you identify your fish. I target sunfish all of the time but have caught many of bass while doing so. I love bank fishing and I keep it very simple. Each trip I make is "Living the Dream"! welcome to the Bluegill Section. Looking forward to reading more of your post and seeing some catches. thumb

Re: Some "Mighty Fine" Creek Fishing ! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13570680 05/25/20 02:55 PM
L
Laker One Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Thanks Curtis and Cellis for the replies. Curtis: Creek fishing is going to be good all year around as long they stay in good shape water wise! thumb

Thanks Chuck. I think you just got your wish. These latest rains should get us through the first half of summer! banana (Rain Dance). They will have a very good affect on the creeks. woot

Re: Some "Mighty Fine" Creek Fishing ! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13576258 05/30/20 10:05 AM
Pumpkin Head
OP Offline
Pumpkin Head
Yes Sir Curtis you are right on the money! These latest rains came at a very good time. banana Would love to get a few inches in June,July,and August! banana

Side Note: Knowing Texas weather,it's going to be one long hot summer! flame

Re: Some "Mighty Fine" Creek Fishing ! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13579558 06/02/20 01:53 PM
G
Gitter Done Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Chuck like you always say. "Creek Fishing Is On Fire"! You guys are nailing em. Stay on em!

Side Note: How has the Rio bite been?

Re: Some "Mighty Fine" Creek Fishing ! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13597184 06/16/20 08:35 PM
Pumpkin Head
OP Offline
Pumpkin Head
Thanks Gitter for the reply! cheers The Rio bite started out good but has slowed down a lot. The Rios are in nest protection mode. The bite should pick up towards the end of July. It should be pretty good all the way till mid fall. thumb

Re: Some "Mighty Fine" Creek Fishing ! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13600787 06/19/20 02:02 PM
G
Gitter Done Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Thanks Gitter for the reply! cheers The Rio bite started out good but has slowed down a lot. The Rios are in nest protection mode. The bite should pick up towards the end of July. It should be pretty good all the way till mid fall. thumb

Thanks Chuck! Hope you get some big ones!

Re: Some "Mighty Fine" Creek Fishing ! [Re: Gitter Done] #13608564 06/26/20 04:43 AM
Pumpkin Head
OP Offline
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted by Gitter Done

Thanks Chuck! Hope you get some big ones!

thumb

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide