Forums59
Topics1,039,815
Posts13,970,700
Members144,220
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 16 of 29 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 28 29
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13517051 04/14/20 12:46 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Here's my two cents on this. Take it for what it is, another opinion.

I think most of us are going to have to take our turn in the barrel with this virus before this is over. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. We can't keep the economy closed forever and when it reopens cases will climb again. The latest and best numbers now estimate the mortality rate to be somewhere around .3% -.7%. 3 to 7 times that of normal flu, but far lower than they initially feared. The older you are and the less healthy you are, your odds get much worse. The longer you can hold off on getting the virus, I think your odds improve because they'll have more information and better therapies.

That said, at some point you are probably going to get this virus. Everyone you know is probably going to get this virus. Most people will be okay. Some won't be. Think about who's close to you that is at high risk. Think about how it may turn out for them. Think about how you'd feel if you spread it to them. Think about how you'd feel toward whoever spread it to them.

Each man needs to know his own risk profile and determine what is best for him and his family. Nothing in this world is risk free. If you are making informed decisions with both yourself and others in mind, I fault no man for what he chooses to do in these unprecedented times. Certainly being outdoors and enjoying creation is not without its own benefits to body and mind.

Stay safe all.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13517071 04/14/20 12:59 PM
TxBazzn Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
Well at least we know now which trail the OP fishes. Wasn’t too long ago he was telling us about how he culls out dead fish in tournaments.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: TxBazzn] #13517080 04/14/20 01:03 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by TxBazzn
Well at least we know now which trail the OP fishes. Wasn’t too long ago he was telling us about how he culls out dead fish in tournaments.

roflmao

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13517085 04/14/20 01:05 PM
C
CashFishingTeam Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Right!!! But I cleared it with the tournament director first remember!? They had their rules worded different. Everyone now has fixed that. But Media was not the trail it was in. Sorry. You can show up and fish now and not have to worry about loosing by .5lb now!

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13517112 04/14/20 01:20 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by CashFishingTeam
Right!!! But I cleared it with the tournament director first remember!? They had their rules worded different. Everyone now has fixed that. But Media was not the trail it was in. Sorry. You can show up and fish now and not have to worry about loosing by .5lb now!

Gordon will probably not let you fish if he finds out you’ve publicaly admitted to being a cheat.

#MFGA
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13517125 04/14/20 01:27 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
A media poly asked my partner once if he had ever broken a fish and game law.

I can assure you I have. I've got several citations from various county game wardens to prove it.

Shot a shoveler on opening morning if teal season and dugan got me at fork
Next year I had lead in my possession same day same green pants on fork.
Took the wings off ducks when I cleaned them in Knox county. Got a ticket for that.

Probably missing a few. As my hunting buddy and dugan were not friends. He followed us around.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: jbcarroll3000] #13517132 04/14/20 01:29 PM
Joefishin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by jbcarroll3000
Originally Posted by Joefishin
I see a common theme in most of these discussions. Losing of rights........ What rights have we lost? What rights are we giving up? Then it gets somehow loosely tied to a fishing tournament? I don't follow, explain to me what rights have we lost?

Unbelievable. Not even worthy of a thoughtful response.

The Governor has clarified and made sure your rights as an outdoorsman are protected. You are allowed to hunt and fish in the State of Texas, he has deemed it essential just as he has your right to worship. Many States have banned hunting and fishing as a whole, Michigan being one of them. There is a video circulating from Johnny Morris and Mark Zona addressing the very unfair mandates that Governor is pushing. All the gun stores are allowed to stay open so you can purchase firearms and ammunition, not all States are allowing that.

Fishing tournaments is not a right and if that is one small thing we can give up for a month..........Folks it hasn't even been a month yet.......

Please read my other comments to understand where I am coming from, or else you appear as just another headline reader who doesn't bother to actually read the story. cheers

Go fishing and enjoy the outdoors, just not tournaments right now. Go to the pond if you can't get your boat on the lake, that's what I've been doing.

Just my .02 we are coming across like the entitled society that we have become. The economy? How shallow is our economy if we can't go less than a month without worry about the damage to the stock market? Buy local, support local. Tell the bank you will make the car payment next month, they will defer it, same with the house and any other utility. Let's all relax and be thankful for what we do have.

http://www.denalirods.com
�Some men fish all their lives without knowing it is not really the fish they are after.� -Henry David Thoreau
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Joefishin] #13517177 04/14/20 01:55 PM
RO519 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by jbcarroll3000
I see a common theme in most of these discussions. Losing of rights........ What rights have we lost? What rights are we giving up? Then it gets somehow loosely tied to a fishing tournament? I don't follow, explain to me what rights have we lost?

Unbelievable. Not even worthy of a thoughtful response.

The Governor has clarified and made sure your rights as an outdoorsman are protected. You are allowed to hunt and fish in the State of Texas, he has deemed it essential just as he has your right to worship. Many States have banned hunting and fishing as a whole, Michigan being one of them. There is a video circulating from Johnny Morris and Mark Zona addressing the very unfair mandates that Governor is pushing. All the gun stores are allowed to stay open so you can purchase firearms and ammunition, not all States are allowing that.

Fishing tournaments is not a right and if that is one small thing we can give up for a month..........Folks it hasn't even been a month yet.......

Please read my other comments to understand where I am coming from, or else you appear as just another headline reader who doesn't bother to actually read the story. cheers

Go fishing and enjoy the outdoors, just not tournaments right now. Go to the pond if you can't get your boat on the lake, that's what I've been doing.

Just my .02 we are coming across like the entitled society that we have become. The economy? How shallow is our economy if we can't go less than a month without worry about the damage to the stock market? Buy local, support local. Tell the bank you will make the car payment next month, they will defer it, same with the house and any other utility. Let's all relax and be thankful for what we do have.

Be a good comrade, pay your taxes and let the government tell you when freedom is acceptable. Freedom is only allowed at certain times and it is up to the government to tell us when.

Fightin' Texas Aggie '14

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13517187 04/14/20 02:00 PM
H
HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
If I can go to grocery store or any other “essential” outlet and stay 6’ away from someone I’m not really sure why I can’t do the same in a weigh-in line.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Used2fish] #13517210 04/14/20 02:15 PM
Sinkey Offline
Tidy Scoop
Tidy Scoop
Originally Posted by Used2fish
A media poly asked my partner once if he had ever broken a fish and game law.

I can assure you I have. I've got several citations from various county game wardens to prove it.

Shot a shoveler on opening morning if teal season and dugan got me at fork
Next year I had lead in my possession same day same green pants on fork.
Took the wings off ducks when I cleaned them in Knox county. Got a ticket for that.

Probably missing a few. As my hunting buddy and dugan were not friends. He followed us around.

Quit shooting boot lips and you wont get tickets! roflmao

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13517214 04/14/20 02:17 PM
C
CashFishingTeam Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
That’s an awesome point heavy sack! Then we are back to why does Media, an nonessential business get to operate and make money? Is it just ok for then because it’s fishing, and we are fisherman?? If he can operate and we stay 6ft apart then my barber should be allowed to reopen and have 3 people at a time in his shop. Because I know he is struggling to pay his bills right now. And you could either choose to wait outside or in your car or come back another time. But he’s completely shut down. Or nail salons. Why not just limit the amount of people that are in them and sit people every other station 6 feet apart and they can still operate for business? Or allow restaurants to seat 5 or 10 tables depending on size? If you allow the tournaments allow it all.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13517234 04/14/20 02:28 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
"If you guys will just let government violate some of your constitutional rights you might be able to avoid having them strip away all the rest!"

I can't wait for the court challenges. A few have already started.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13517259 04/14/20 02:37 PM
Tim Haugh Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
As the head of a tournament organization, I would not want to face the backlash or liability if someone, or several folks, contracted the virus from coming in contact with someone who didn't even know they were carrying the virus because of continuing with tournaments. When all of this started really coming out in March, we (THSBA) cancelled our last 6 events because schools were not letting their teams compete. Looking back, it was for the best knowing what we know now, especially since we preach safety above all else with the students and boat captains. Does it suck? Absolutely. However, we are just like everyone else in the tournament game and will hopefully continue when the restrictions are lifted.

President, Texas High School Bass Association (THSBA)
www.thsba.net
President, Collegiate Bass Trail of Texas (CBTT)
www.collegiatebasstrailoftexas.com
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13517277 04/14/20 02:44 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
If anglers to keep and clean their catch for personal consumption then it's for table fare

#MFGA
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Tim Haugh] #13517287 04/14/20 02:47 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Tim Haugh
As the head of a tournament organization, I would not want to face the backlash or liability if someone, or several folks, contracted the virus from coming in contact with someone who didn't even know they were carrying the virus because of continuing with tournaments. When all of this started really coming out in March, we (THSBA) cancelled our last 6 events because schools were not letting their teams compete. Looking back, it was for the best knowing what we know now, especially since we preach safety above all else with the students and boat captains. Does it suck? Absolutely. However, we are just like everyone else in the tournament game and will hopefully continue when the restrictions are lifted.

Do your research, 60-80% of the population will end up having some form of this virus.

But, in the position of a TD you have to look more at the litigious nature of people in our society today. That is a tough call to make for sure!

#MFGA
Page 16 of 29 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 28 29
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide