Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Herd Immunity [Re: Jpurdue] #13513055 04/11/20 02:43 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
From the article:

"[W]hat people are trying to do is flatten the curve. I don’t really know why," Uh, to avoid swamping hospitals, which we've seen happen in multiple cities all over the world. Also to buy time. What might kill you today, might not kill you tomorrow if they figure out better therapies, care protocols, and medications.

"Wittkowski said the only thing that stops respiratory diseases is herd immunity." - Or warm weather in the case of the flu. Or social distancing to burn it out. Or a vaccine.

"So, it's very important to keep the schools open and kids mingling to spread the virus to get herd immunity as fast as possible," said Wittkowski. Okay, so what happens when both parents get sick? Who takes care of the kids?

Listen I don't disagree we need to march toward herd immunity. A vaccine is not guartenteed and since the genie is already out of the bottle we can't lock down hard enough to burn it out. I think we need to move towards herd immunity without swamping the hospitals. A good way to do that would be to get back to normal life while wearing masks in public. It won't stop the spread, but it'll slow it enough to avoid overwhelming hospitals.

I thought you said people could catch it more than once?

Re: Herd Immunity [Re: Fourjs] #13513072 04/11/20 02:50 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
From Wawi's link : 1/2 of you are gonna come out of quarantine pregnant, the other half is just gonna look pregnant.

Re: Herd Immunity [Re: rj74955] #13513076 04/11/20 02:54 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by rj74955
From the article:

"[W]hat people are trying to do is flatten the curve. I don’t really know why," Uh, to avoid swamping hospitals, which we've seen happen in multiple cities all over the world. Also to buy time. What might kill you today, might not kill you tomorrow if they figure out better therapies, care protocols, and medications.

"Wittkowski said the only thing that stops respiratory diseases is herd immunity." - Or warm weather in the case of the flu. Or social distancing to burn it out. Or a vaccine.

"So, it's very important to keep the schools open and kids mingling to spread the virus to get herd immunity as fast as possible," said Wittkowski. Okay, so what happens when both parents get sick? Who takes care of the kids?

Listen I don't disagree we need to march toward herd immunity. A vaccine is not guartenteed and since the genie is already out of the bottle we can't lock down hard enough to burn it out. I think we need to move towards herd immunity without swamping the hospitals. A good way to do that would be to get back to normal life while wearing masks in public. It won't stop the spread, but it'll slow it enough to avoid overwhelming hospitals.

I didn't say that. Most scientist think you'll have immunity for at least a while. Nobody really knows how long though. Could be a few weeks, months, years, or a lifetime. Hopefully the latter.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

[Linked Image]
Re: Herd Immunity [Re: rj74955] #13513077 04/11/20 02:54 PM
elcoyote, esq. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
From Wawi's link : 1/2 of you are gonna come out of quarantine pregnant, the other half is just gonna look pregnant.

Tracy Morgan has already knocked his wife up during quarantine. 3 times.

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1247515384212668416?s=20

Team wolfs

Originally Posted by Allison1
I had to perform. It took a minute to get it all in my mouth and another five to swallow it all.

Re: Herd Immunity [Re: WAWI] #13513086 04/11/20 03:00 PM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg

Why even try to run that guy down? Use some common sense man, shoot him in the knee

Re: Herd Immunity [Re: Fourjs] #13513089 04/11/20 03:02 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
One point of clarity on my previous post, I'm sure some people won't develope the antibodies. There's usually a small percentage I think for most viruses that don't. Those people would not be immune and could get it more than once. The big if here, is we are assuming the virus doesn't mutate. If that happend imunity could go out the window. The spanish flu mutated and actually got worse.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

[Linked Image]
Re: Herd Immunity [Re: DanDaBald] #13513091 04/11/20 03:03 PM
G
Gitter Done Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by DanDaBald
Opinions are like . . . . . . .

Everybody's got one . . . .

Bless their souls . . . . . .

Plus #1.

Re: Herd Immunity [Re: Fourjs] #13513094 04/11/20 03:04 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
There are two strains already.
The antibodies are most effective for three months.
Some don't develop good antibodies
Viruses mutate.

[Linked Image]
Re: Herd Immunity [Re: Jpurdue] #13513100 04/11/20 03:07 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
From the article:

I didn't say that. Most scientist think you'll have immunity for at least a while. Nobody really knows how long though. Could be a few weeks, months, years, or a lifetime. Hopefully the latter.

My bad, you were just repeating when scientists said they had at least one person that had been infected more than once. These science guys still have a job, right?

Re: Herd Immunity [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #13513137 04/11/20 03:37 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
Just because you may get an immunity from getting a virus or vaccine, that doesn't mean that it lasts either. Some vaccines you have to get a series or boosters. They don't know if COVID 19 builds up lasting immunity, or any immunity at all. Still a lot of unknowns with this new to human virus.

Like any other virus it will most likely mutate and probably become many different strains. Nature will always find a way to get rid of some us.

Re: Herd Immunity [Re: TexDawg] #13513145 04/11/20 03:45 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by TexDawg

Why even try to run that guy down? Use some common sense man, shoot him in the knee

+1

Ecclesiastes 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.
Re: Herd Immunity [Re: Fourjs] #13513158 04/11/20 04:00 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Fourjs
What’s bothering me is we are becoming a police state. We are bowing down to a government that is violating our constitutional rights and civil liberties.

Police dragging a person off of a bus because they are not wearing a mask.

Fining Christians in Mississippi because they are parked in their car with their windows up, in the church parking lot, listening to a sermon from their pastor.

Police using drones to spy on and threaten private citizens.

Houston and Harris county has closed all city and county parks this weekend. Cops are patrolling for the specific job of busting people walking, biking, hiking in the park. Harris county sheriff has threatened to arrest anyone who is caught in a county park.

We’re seeing more and more of this every day. When and where does it end?

Jimmy

Kentucky is gonna have the LEOs patrol church parking lots tommorrow and b=vehicles parked in their parking lots will get their tag numbers taken and then the local health authority is gonna require those folks to do a 14 day quarantine.

Re: Herd Immunity [Re: Mark Perry] #13513163 04/11/20 04:04 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
What’s bothering me is we are becoming a police state. We are bowing down to a government that is violating our constitutional rights and civil liberties.

Fining Christians in Mississippi because they are parked in their car with their windows up, in the church parking lot, listening to a sermon from their pastor.

Houston and Harris county has closed all city and county parks this weekend. Cops are patrolling for the specific job of busting people walking, biking, hiking in the park. Harris county sheriff has threatened to arrest anyone who is caught in a county park.

Jimmy

Kentucky is gonna have the LEOs patrol church parking lots tommorrow and b=vehicles parked in their parking lots will get their tag numbers taken and then the local health authority is gonna require those folks to do a 14 day quarantine.

A little common sense here would go a long way. If pastors had common sense, they'd do an online service. If the govenor had any common sense he'd publically rebuke the pastors in violation, but other wise look the other way on this one. The virus is the enemy here, not the people.

www.LunkerLore.com

[Linked Image]
Re: Herd Immunity [Re: Jpurdue] #13513171 04/11/20 04:18 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Jimmy

A little common sense here would go a long way. If pastors had common sense, they'd do an online service. If the govenor had any common sense he'd publically rebuke the pastors in violation, but other wise look the other way on this one. The virus is the enemy here, not the people.

Those Governors might want to follow their own orders first. If our politicians at all levels would have common sense they would be wearing masks and social distancing on TV. They would wear the masks when not speaking or standing off to the side. Pretty sad when our Surgeon General, Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx all refuse to follow the very guidelines they tout as what is needed. Here they all are on a the biggest stage and not following guidelines themselves. Guess those guidelines just pertain to the minions.

Re: Herd Immunity [Re: Fourjs] #13513174 04/11/20 04:21 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
I agree with you Mark.

www.LunkerLore.com

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide