R
I agree. And money...

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13507924 04/08/20 04:13 AM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by donothin
Duck Hunter, you either can't read or comprehend. I trust you are a avid supporter of the lying, denying free spending Trump at all costs.

My credentials are pretty weak so I would depend on those who are trained and have an idea of what they are talking about. If I were sick and my Doctor recommended it, yeah I would take it. And they might recommend it based on a lack of anything else. But, I would probably have as much confidence if he told me about a witch doctor that patients were swearing by.

And I am an avowed Trump hater, but not a liberal, but then again you probably don't know that Trump is not a conservative.

I read where you said there are many better options.
I read where you said it should be used as a last resort.
I read where you said plasma donation looks more promising.
Now I’ve read where you said your credentials are weak, and depend on those who are trained, but didn’t address the part where I asked about the many doctors who are saying it is working and is promising, but not necessarily saying it should be used as a last resort.
I read where you said what those doctors are saying is anecdotal.

I’ve just shown you I can read, now what didn’t I comprehend? And also show me where I’m an “avid supporter of the lying, denying free spending Trump at all costs,” and when you’re done researching that, tell me what it has to do with you ignoring the potential in using this drug and all the doctors who say it works, just because you hate Trump. Unlike you, I do not think this is political at all. Trump is relaying what the experts are telling him. He is trying to give hope based on what actual experts are learning and understanding of the issue, and you’re confusing the messenger with the message.

Thanks.

I did not say there were better options but other options were being studied that show promise.
I did not say it should be used as a last resort, but that I was ok with it being used as a last resort
Plasma donation I said looks promising based on the science.
And I said my credentials (Medical) are pretty weak. But I understand statistics and how they should be used to validate a theory. And the number of doctors would not be many, but those that did a valid scientific study of the efficacy. Until they do that, it is anecdotal. Especially with the limited number of observations they could have made.
You called me a liberal without any knowledge of what I am or even what that means. I admit, you may not be a lying,denying free spending Trump supporter but you act irrational so I made that assumption. And all the doctors who say it works. Haven't seen a list.
I should not be political, but if you say it is not, then you are not comprehending again. And Trump is selectively relaying what the experts are telling him plus making it up on his own. Did you not see him cut off Dr. Fauchi when he was asked about the drug? False hope is not helpful. Ruins his credibility. Kinda like when he said initially we had 15 and they would be recovered and it would be over.

Now, what are your credentials for validating the efficacy. What about this drug makes you think it is especially good for treating CV. Today drugs are designed to treat specific problems. Are you saying this one coincidentally works for Lupus and CV?

And btw, I know a witch doctor who several of my friends have told me that he can lay his hands on your head and give you critical thinking skills.

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13507930 04/08/20 04:25 AM
R
rich777 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Why are we questioning a harmless drug that has already been approved by the FDA? Millions of people are using it as we speak. This entire concept of clinical and blind trials is insane.

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: donothin] #13507939 04/08/20 05:00 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Duck Hunter, you either can't read or comprehend. I trust you are a avid supporter of the lying, denying free spending Trump at all costs.

My credentials are pretty weak so I would depend on those who are trained and have an idea of what they are talking about. If I were sick and my Doctor recommended it, yeah I would take it. And they might recommend it based on a lack of anything else. But, I would probably have as much confidence if he told me about a witch doctor that patients were swearing by.

And I am an avowed Trump hater, but not a liberal, but then again you probably don't know that Trump is not a conservative.

I read where you said there are many better options.
I read where you said it should be used as a last resort.
I read where you said plasma donation looks more promising.
Now I’ve read where you said your credentials are weak, and depend on those who are trained, but didn’t address the part where I asked about the many doctors who are saying it is working and is promising, but not necessarily saying it should be used as a last resort.
I read where you said what those doctors are saying is anecdotal.

I’ve just shown you I can read, now what didn’t I comprehend? And also show me where I’m an “avid supporter of the lying, denying free spending Trump at all costs,” and when you’re done researching that, tell me what it has to do with you ignoring the potential in using this drug and all the doctors who say it works, just because you hate Trump. Unlike you, I do not think this is political at all. Trump is relaying what the experts are telling him. He is trying to give hope based on what actual experts are learning and understanding of the issue, and you’re confusing the messenger with the message.

Thanks.

I did not say there were better options but other options were being studied that show promise.
I did not say it should be used as a last resort, but that I was ok with it being used as a last resort
Plasma donation I said looks promising based on the science.
And I said my credentials (Medical) are pretty weak. But I understand statistics and how they should be used to validate a theory. And the number of doctors would not be many, but those that did a valid scientific study of the efficacy. Until they do that, it is anecdotal. Especially with the limited number of observations they could have made.
You called me a liberal without any knowledge of what I am or even what that means. I admit, you may not be a lying,denying free spending Trump supporter but you act irrational so I made that assumption. And all the doctors who say it works. Haven't seen a list.
I should not be political, but if you say it is not, then you are not comprehending again. And Trump is selectively relaying what the experts are telling him plus making it up on his own. Did you not see him cut off Dr. Fauchi when he was asked about the drug? False hope is not helpful. Ruins his credibility. Kinda like when he said initially we had 15 and they would be recovered and it would be over.

Now, what are your credentials for validating the efficacy. What about this drug makes you think it is especially good for treating CV. Today drugs are designed to treat specific problems. Are you saying this one coincidentally works for Lupus and CV?

And btw, I know a witch doctor who several of my friends have told me that he can lay his hands on your head and give you critical thinking skills.

I’m not the one who said there are many options that are just as likely to work:

Not sure who said it would not work, but many said the evidence that it worked was mostly anecdotal. Most acknowledge that it will be relatively easy to test the efficacy and should happen in short order. Until that time, maybe using it as a last resort would be smart. There are many other options that just as likely to work but for some reason this one has taken off.

What are the other many options just as likely to work and where is the proof? Further, which of the many options just as likely to work are as readily available and have been tested for use in humans for 65 years and also are cheap? (Source on it’s relative safety in use of most people, even pregnant women and long term: https://www.cdc.gov/malaria/resources/pdf/fsp/drugs/hydroxychloroquine.pdf )

I also never validated the efficacy, I’m leaving that to the doctors treating patients with the virus who are reporting that it is having success. I’m listening to what experts are reporting, not just in this country, mind you.

You said you “have no problem with people using it as a last resort.”

A) you’re not a doctor, nor a patient with CV, so it’s not up to you, but thanks for giving your blessing for it to be used as a last resort.
B) that statement indicates that you think it should be used as a last resort and not early on in the process, even though you haven’t explained why you feel that way but have said you’re not a doctor or an expert. So, why do you feel that way? This isn’t a new drug developed in a rush in the last two weeks. It’s been around for over 60 years and the side effects are well known. It’s cheap, it’s available, so what’s your hangup, other than the fact that Trump has been mentioning it, especially when it will be administered under the care of a doctor for people suffering from a novel virus with no known cure and is easily transferable?

Yes, plasma donations as a treatment does look promising, but you understand why using an available drug is preferable to relying on plasma donations, especially since you’re all in to statistics, numbers and helping sick people right?

Here is a doctor speaking to it’s effectiveness in CV patients:

“When these patients get admitted, they’re really, really sick, and we didn’t have too many options," said Dr. Sunil Kumar, a Critical Care & Pulmonary Medicine physician at Broward Health. "In the initial phase, we started using a combination of Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin, a Z-Pak.”

https://www.local10.com/news/local/...h-florida-patient-with-covid-19-recover/

Here is a Michigan democratic state rep talking about how it saved her life:

https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/michigan-democrat-says-hydroxychloroquine-saved-her-life/

I should’ve just led off with this and not typed all of the above, but you saying you know a witch doctor in response is one of the biggest self-owns in the history of debate.

[Linked Image]
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: Davedave] #13507941 04/08/20 05:02 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Davedave
Originally Posted by rich777
I don't understand the resistance to a product that for all accounts,is working. For some reason, the idiots on the left, seem to want people to not get well. What the hell is going on here? If people all around the world are seeing good results, what is the resistance?

Politics. That’s what’s going on. Perfectly reasonable people can turn into babbling idiots over something that quite possibly could be considered political. It’s f-Ing ridiculous.

It’s 100% politics and it’s ridiculous.

[Linked Image]
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: rich777] #13507943 04/08/20 05:09 AM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Why are we questioning a harmless drug that has already been approved by the FDA? Millions of people are using it as we speak. This entire concept of clinical and blind trials is insane.

Like the vast majority of drugs, i'ts NOT harmless. It's potent enough that it is not at all difficult to take a toxic dose. In fact, given the fact that many people think "if some is good, more is better" we would see a notable number of deaths from it if it were available over the counter. For some people, taking it at all is too much risk, possibly even more than the disease they're trying to treat. I doubt any doctor would put his license at risk by prescribing it for me. So, while there is controversy, know that it's absolutely wrong to say "harmless".

With the above out of the way, I have no issue with doctors using it after proper consideration and disclosure to patients so that informed consent prevails.

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: donothin] #13507948 04/08/20 05:46 AM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Are you saying this one coincidentally works for Lupus and CV?

Yes.... by modulating the lysosomes it suppresses Lupus flare ups and makes the breakdown of lung tissue less severe by impeding their ability to digest adjacent material. Our cell’s digestive enzymes are harmful to us if not used properly.

There are some great articles on the mechanism if you have trouble sleeping at night. Very thorough. wink

[Linked Image]
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: JacksonBean] #13507952 04/08/20 06:49 AM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by JacksonBean

Yes.... by modulating the lysosomes it suppresses Lupus flare ups and makes the breakdown of lung tissue less severe by impeding their ability to digest adjacent material. Our cell’s digestive enzymes are harmful to us if not used properly.

There are some great articles on the mechanism if you have trouble sleeping at night. Very thorough. wink

What about Lycoming?

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: Bee'z] #13507953 04/08/20 09:07 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by 2 Bee'z
The treatment being tested that looks most promising to me is using plasma donors to transfer to patient much the same as it was used for Ebola. I have no problem with anyone wanting to use it as a last resort and it has FDA approval for treating Lupus as well as other things, so the side effects are probably pretty well known. My issue is that it is being used politically to distract. If it works, it should be proven in fairly short order, so the controversy should go away. Remember, there is less than a 2% mortality rate when people are able to get into a hospital. Not sure the anecdotal evidence shows that the mortality rate will be reduced.

If you were laying in a hospital bed drowning on your on snot, would you want to take it?

Tell him it was Trump's idea and the SOB would be dead in a matter of hours popcorn2

roflmao

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: Bee'z] #13507964 04/08/20 10:18 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by 2 Bee'z
The treatment being tested that looks most promising to me is using plasma donors to transfer to patient much the same as it was used for Ebola. I have no problem with anyone wanting to use it as a last resort and it has FDA approval for treating Lupus as well as other things, so the side effects are probably pretty well known. My issue is that it is being used politically to distract. If it works, it should be proven in fairly short order, so the controversy should go away. Remember, there is less than a 2% mortality rate when people are able to get into a hospital. Not sure the anecdotal evidence shows that the mortality rate will be reduced.

If you were laying in a hospital bed drowning on your on snot, would you want to take it?

Tell him it was Trump's idea and the SOB would be dead in a matter of hours popcorn2

flehan

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: Flippin-Out] #13507980 04/08/20 11:10 AM
elcoyote, esq. Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
What about Lycoming?

Isn’t that what they call the werewolves in that underworld movie? The chick in that movie is a smoke show.

Team wolfs

Originally Posted by Allison1
I had to perform. It took a minute to get it all in my mouth and another five to swallow it all.

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13507981 04/08/20 11:13 AM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
It was a play on words thing for JacksonBean - the name of a company that makes aircraft engines he would know about, instead of Lysosomes.

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: Flippin-Out] #13507983 04/08/20 11:17 AM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
Originally Posted by JacksonBean

What about Lycoming?

Specifically the IO 550?!
bannana2 (there was no flying emoji)

[Linked Image]
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13508009 04/08/20 11:54 AM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
Hydroxychloroquine is not a miracle cure but it the only one I know of that a doctor can currently prescribe. The rest of the many, many, many are months and months away enduring rigorous testing and analysis. Well, I guess you could try bloodletting with leeches.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13508012 04/08/20 12:04 PM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
If I was stricken with COVID-19 and symptoms getting worse I would certainly take it if the docs would prescribe it. Pretty sure just about anyone would no matter their political bias.

Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide