Re: Restaurant’s for sale [Re: FXfromTx] #13476481 03/18/20 11:11 AM
T
TCK73 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by FXfromTx
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
More than half of our Topgolfs are closed across the country 33 as of last count.

Each one of those employees about 500 people. Almost 17k people in my little company alone got laid off in the last 24 hours.

Other venues that are allowed to be open are limited to the number of guests, for example right now in Venue Ft. Worth we are allowed 125 people at once in the venue, including staff. So there is another 400 people not working. The cooks, servers, bartenders, mechanics, etc. etc. all not getting paid and going on unemployment. Its not like they can get another job tending bar or as a cook right now...

Sad as hell. Crazy.

Slightly different tune than you had about a bunch of oilfield workers being laid off in a previous thread. Sorry to hear that for the employees of top golf nonetheless.

I was thinking that as well. ^^^^^^

On a side note, a lot of my oilfield customers like Top Golf, and we take them and pay for their experience with oilfield money, usually some decent size groups.

Re: Restaurant’s for sale [Re: Brandon Adamcik] #13476506 03/18/20 11:45 AM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
A lot of our foodservice distributors are not just cutting back on their orders, but cancelling them altogether. Our business is split up with foodservice 65%, and retail 35%. Yes, retail purchases have increased, but not enough to justify the losses we will incur from lack of foodservice volume. Our company employs over 600 people. I truly feel that they will continue to pay everyone through all of this, but how long can it be sustained? The company has been in a huge labor shortage for a while now, but I believe this pandemic will get us back to even and prolly in the black. We actually have office space leased next week in El Paso to conduct final interview process for 25 potential new hires, all Hispanics. The normal Joe cannot do this type of work because it is just too hard. Our loss of revenue is directly related to restaurants' loss of revenue. How long can we sustain it? How long can the restaurants sustain it? Legitimate questions that only time can answer....very scary. Just when you thought the food business would continue to show growth.....

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Restaurant’s for sale [Re: Brandon Adamcik] #13476549 03/18/20 12:27 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Restaurants are one of the largest employers in the country, at on point they were the largest. It's the ground floor. Also the tip of the spear in the delivery chain for alot, alot of food for suppliers like okie. Its kids money while are going to school, landlords not getting paid, farmers, uniform companies, janitorial services, refrigeration companies, etc it goes on and on. I recently bought out my partner and made some changes. I'm a one shop company, my new accountant could not believe the invoice activity going through an operation as small as mine. It's the bottom of the pyramid.

Re: Restaurant’s for sale [Re: FXfromTx] #13476553 03/18/20 12:31 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by FXfromTx
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
More than half of our Topgolfs are closed across the country 33 as of last count.

Each one of those employees about 500 people. Almost 17k people in my little company alone got laid off in the last 24 hours.

Other venues that are allowed to be open are limited to the number of guests, for example right now in Venue Ft. Worth we are allowed 125 people at once in the venue, including staff. So there is another 400 people not working. The cooks, servers, bartenders, mechanics, etc. etc. all not getting paid and going on unemployment. Its not like they can get another job tending bar or as a cook right now...

Sad as hell. Crazy.

Slightly different tune than you had about a bunch of oilfield workers being laid off in a previous thread. Sorry to hear that for the employees of top golf nonetheless.

Dan I pray you see no layoff yourself, in my 25 years when things get tough in our industry the first to go are the building departments cause everyone stops building, the last to are the critical operations people as they need them to continue. The paper pushes get gone quick

Re: Restaurant’s for sale [Re: Brandon Adamcik] #13476555 03/18/20 12:35 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
As this Chinese Bioweapon sweeps across the Nation more and more of us will be laid off. I hope the employers bring back the workers as soon as it begins to fade.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Restaurant’s for sale [Re: John175☮] #13476562 03/18/20 12:40 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by John175☮
As this Chinese Bioweapon sweeps across the Nation more and more of us will be laid off. I hope the employers bring back the workers as soon as it begins to fade.

it's a wakeup call for sure.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Restaurant’s for sale [Re: Brandon Adamcik] #13476617 03/18/20 01:17 PM
S
Snakeyes711 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
I'm curious what happens if a business that has been ordered to close refuses to do so? Is the local(or federal) government that ordered the closure going to send in the National Guard to shut it down, Martial law style? I think in 2 or 3 weeks we might see that very thing happening,business's re-opening regardless of what the governing body thinks.

Re: Restaurant’s for sale [Re: Snakeyes711] #13476636 03/18/20 01:27 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Snakeyes711
I'm curious what happens if a business that has been ordered to close refuses to do so? Is the local(or federal) government that ordered the closure going to send in the National Guard to shut it down, Martial law style? I think in 2 or 3 weeks we might see that very thing happening,business's re-opening regardless of what the governing body thinks.

City and county LEO would enforce

Re: Restaurant’s for sale [Re: Brandon Adamcik] #13476646 03/18/20 01:34 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
It's not just the restaurant industry. You are looking at almost every business that is not essential to every day living. Electronic stores, dentists, furniture, etc. The list goes on and on. If unemployment skyrockets and bills can't get paid, be prepared for a lot worse.

Originally Posted by OTFF
He is truly a sick individual.
Re: Restaurant’s for sale [Re: Brandon Adamcik] #13476650 03/18/20 01:38 PM
donothin Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
No worry, we will all be getting paid for our vote very soon.

Re: Restaurant’s for sale [Re: WAWI] #13476656 03/18/20 01:40 PM
S
Snakeyes711 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by Snakeyes711

City and county LEO would enforce

Either way it could get ugly. Not necessarily Paris riots ugly,but some serious protest all the same.

Re: Restaurant’s for sale [Re: Fishin' Nut] #13476659 03/18/20 01:41 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Fishin' Nut
It's not just the restaurant industry. You are looking at almost every business that is not essential to every day living. Electronic stores, dentists, furniture, etc. The list goes on and on. If unemployment skyrockets and bills can't get paid, be prepared for a lot worse.

Oh I understand, it's a [censored] show and the American public and politicians are shaming themselves. In a world that looks to this county for leadership we just blinked as a nation

Re: Restaurant’s for sale [Re: John175☮] #13476778 03/18/20 02:42 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J

Virus's have really simple RNA genomes. We've already sequenced the entirety of the genetic code for this virus. It's virtually identical to COVID-19 viruses that exist naturally in bats in the Wuhan area. It's well known the Chinese make it habit of eating these bats.

Don't get me wrong. I think the Chinese bare full responsibility for this outbreak. Their wet markets are filthy and outbreak prone. They need to change their laws on these markets or be held accountable for the damage they cause. That said, the idea this is a man made biological weapon is a conspiracy theory not supported by science.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Restaurant’s for sale [Re: Jpurdue] #13476804 03/18/20 03:00 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by Jpurdue

Virus's have really simple RNA genomes. We've already sequenced the entirety of the genetic code for this virus. It's virtually identical to COVID-19 viruses that exist naturally in bats in the Wuhan area. It's well known the Chinese make it habit of eating these bats.

Don't get me wrong. I think the Chinese bare full responsibility for this outbreak. Their wet markets are filthy and outbreak prone. They need to change their laws on these markets or be held accountable for the damage they cause. That said, the idea this is a man made biological weapon is a conspiracy theory not supported by science.

Dont you have fish pictures to judge?

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Restaurant’s for sale [Re: John175☮] #13476829 03/18/20 03:14 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Jpurdue

Dont you have fish pictures to judge?

Sure would be nice if during a national crisis we could stay civil. I'm not insulting you John, I'm just trying to be factual.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide