Forums59
Topics1,039,325
Posts13,962,856
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Is the Classic that big of deal anymore? [Re: Douglas J] #13464001 03/08/20 04:50 AM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Big O.... you lost bud. Calling the rest of us names and sounding like a broken record is your feeble attempt to live in a reality that existed ten years ago.

Beating the current list of BASS Elites would be quite a feat but please don’t compare it to years past.

The Classic is still awesome and I’m curious to see what the future holds.

[Linked Image]
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Is the Classic that big of deal anymore? [Re: Big O Florida] #13464012 03/08/20 05:25 AM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by Monty Wright
Originally Posted by Brent S
The weigh in is brutal. It takes entirely too long.

It really is. I might be in the minority, but weigh-in's just aren't my cup of tea. I do LOVE the Classic expo though

I couldn’t care less about weigh-ins. I’d rather it be in real time anyway. The expo might be great, but they could figure that out outside of the tournament.

You’re in the minority.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The pictures really don't prove your point. There are more fishermen who did not attend than the number that did. The number there is a very small representation of the Bass fishing public. We won't even talk about how bored most of the crowd appeared it was as if they were listening to your post rants about MLF.

Re: Is the Classic that big of deal anymore? [Re: JacksonBean] #13464030 03/08/20 10:39 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by JacksonBean
Big O.... you lost bud.

^^^This, it's over and there's really no need to battle this anymore. BASS will continue to do their thing and so will MLF/FLW but Big O's campaign is over it's time for him to withdraw from the race... not enough votes...

Re: Is the Classic that big of deal anymore? [Re: Douglas J] #13464034 03/08/20 10:54 AM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
I wasn't aware the Classic was even going on until I read this post.

Personally I put Pro Bass Fisherman in the same league as Pro Dart Players, Pro Corn Hole players and Pro Bowlers, really not a sport that involves not being an athlete. More about having the time or money to get into it.

As we have all seen on anyday any good fisherman can win

Re: Is the Classic that big of deal anymore? [Re: Bobby Milam] #13464044 03/08/20 12:02 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Bobby Milam
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
[quote=Monty Wright]

I couldn’t care less about weigh-ins. I’d rather it be in real time anyway. The expo might be great, but they could figure that out outside of the tournament.

You’re in the minority.

The pictures really don't prove your point. There are more fishermen who did not attend than the number that did. The number there is a very small representation of the Bass fishing public. We won't even talk about how bored most of the crowd appeared it was as if they were listening to your post rants about MLF.

Of course they do.. 2 things actually. As stated in earlier reply. 1.) even if crowd was significantly smaller, that would represent more people who are interested in the anglers who fish on the BASS circuit than the MLF anglers will ever draw in; and 2.) it represents how many more people that are interested in BASS anglers than MLF will draw attention to online. Point being - people are drawn to a reputable brand known for putting on a good show, irrespective of the names. People don’t give a damn about Kevin VanDam, the brand that brought the fans to the show Is BASS - And it has a 49 year head start over the competing brand in name recognition and reputation. MLF has a long, long, way to go... they only acquired a bunch a wannabe reality TV stars, that ironically forgot the established brand they had piggybacked their careers on wasn’t going with them in the deal. They are no longer part of the big show, the big stage, the big dream... oh well, poor them. They can just go work booths at the expos wearing their ego patch covered shirts and see how long that keeps their names relevant. Hint - not long... no one knows who MLF is, and frankly don’t care. People know BASS and they know the quality product they produce.

If someone chimes in and starts reciting all types of online viewership statistics, ask them how much $ they receive per viewer, and that will give you understanding on what may motivate them to make a watch party arrangement with some, let’s say, people who would most certainly be bored, because the only fish they really like is, Koi!

Re: Is the Classic that big of deal anymore? [Re: Douglas J] #13464065 03/08/20 12:57 PM
B
BCB Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Wow...
wow...
Just Wow?

Give the troll another truffle before you hit delete JP...

Last edited by BCB; 03/08/20 12:58 PM.

BCB
Re: Is the Classic that big of deal anymore? [Re: RedRanger] #13464088 03/08/20 01:30 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by RedRanger
I wasn't aware the Classic was even going on until I read this post.

Personally I put Pro Bass Fisherman in the same league as Pro Dart Players, Pro Corn Hole players and Pro Bowlers, really not a sport that involves being an athlete. More about having the time or money to get into it.

As we have all seen on anyday any good fisherman can win

Thing is times change, back in the 50's bowling was in the top 2 in TV ratings for sports, only thing that outdrew was baseball (now look at baseball and the empty stadiums). Now granted televised sports was in its infancy but just a little perspective.

Last edited by SC-001; 03/08/20 01:31 PM.
Re: Is the Classic that big of deal anymore? [Re: Douglas J] #13464137 03/08/20 02:13 PM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Envision this every time you read a MLF hate post....then it seems funny and not such a beating

[Linked Image]

weber
Re: Is the Classic that big of deal anymore? [Re: Douglas J] #13464146 03/08/20 02:16 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
roflmao

Re: Is the Classic that big of deal anymore? [Re: Douglas J] #13464176 03/08/20 02:46 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Its really Big O=6 and Jones a half dozen, the nut hugging is as big a beating as big o rants. You cant have a thread about anything bass, mfl, flw, whatever without those 2 jumping up and down and throwing poop all over their cages.

Re: Is the Classic that big of deal anymore? [Re: emorydog] #13464191 03/08/20 03:18 PM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
Originally Posted by emorydog
Envision this every time you read a MLF hate post....then it seems funny and not such a beating

[Linked Image]

That is streakbreaker from the Off Topic Section

Re: Is the Classic that big of deal anymore? [Re: WAWI] #13464222 03/08/20 03:58 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by WAWI
Its really Big O=6 and Jones a half dozen, the nut hugging is as big a beating as big o rants. You cant have a thread about anything bass, mfl, flw, whatever without those 2 jumping up and down and throwing poop all over their cages.

Words hurt...

Re: Is the Classic that big of deal anymore? [Re: emorydog] #13464400 03/08/20 08:14 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U

Super Bowl of fishing Expos

College World Series of Fishing.

Yes, someone is going to win. Against the best field?...Ha, don’t embarrass yourself in public by honestly stating that. There are some in the field that are on the level, but most are not. FACT

Weber. You and I both know folks that have qualified through the opens. Anyone who qualifies deserves to be at that level. Saying any different is belittling those that have made it. Also it's dumb

Re: Is the Classic that big of deal anymore? [Re: Used2fish] #13464415 03/08/20 08:25 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Used2fish

Yes, someone is going to win. Against the best field?...Ha, don’t embarrass yourself in public by honestly stating that. There are some in the field that are on the level, but most are not. FACT

Weber. You and I both know folks that have qualified through the opens. Anyone who qualifies deserves to be at that level. Saying any different is belittling those that have made it. Also it's dumb

Hey, don’t argue with one that thinks it’s okay that a Jason Chr***[y] and others are invited into the “FLW Pro” series which is now owned and operated by MLF, not having any type of qualifying resume. Maybe they did that to replace the real Jason Christie when he departs and the BPT can go around and say we still have a Jason Chr***[y] - lol

Re: Is the Classic that big of deal anymore? [Re: Used2fish] #13464447 03/08/20 09:13 PM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Used2fish

There are some that belong as I clearly stated. If there wasn’t a spit, then the ones who would have qualified without the excessive additional openings are the ones that deserve the respect.

The rest are seatfillers and your position doesn’t change mine, but that’s ok as following any pro fishing isn’t really my bag. But one thing I do know, when the cream is skimmed off, what is below is watered down. Look out up.

weber
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide