Forums59
Topics1,039,271
Posts13,961,965
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13454726 02/28/20 05:38 PM
K
Keystone Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
K
Stuffed a pair of blue Jean's and shirt full of newspaper..made to appear a human body..laid it in the street with a long string tied..hid behind bushes when a car came by we tugged the string making it move..took maybe three cars before police came and took us to our parents, that was in the mid 60s roflmao

Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13454745 02/28/20 05:59 PM
T
TxDanFishMan Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Now this is my kind of thread and expect maybe some one I know to add to it.

Slide right, coming in .... Fish On!
Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13454750 02/28/20 06:03 PM
P
PondFish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
Too many to recount here.

Several I have tried to forget.

And a couple that the statute of limitations may still not be up yet.

Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13454759 02/28/20 06:11 PM
Z
Zipster Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Z
We had bottle rocket wars inside of a quonset so you couldn't run away.
Use to jump off the local train bridge into the lake. It was about a 40' drop.
BB Gun wars.
Hitch cars - I lived in South Dakota at the time. in winter we would hide at night and wait until a car stopped at a stop sign. We would sneak up and grab hold of the bumper and then "ski" behind the car. 30 miles an hour in a pair of cowboy boots over icy streets is quite thrilling until you hit a dry patch
Black out Boxing - my bedroom was in the basement and we would stuff pillows in the windows to block out the light. then shut the door and start swinging in the pitch black. it was usually over after the first punch landed.
Also in South Dakota- when the lake would freeze over we would hook an old car hood behind someone's truck and pile on. they would pull us behind the truck like we were tubing behind a boat. We discovered that ice isn't always flat nor is it soft.

Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13454769 02/28/20 06:23 PM
S
Stump jumper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
When I was in high school we use to get 4 or 5 of us and stage fights in the median on Custer Pkwy.. We would act like we were pummeling one. When the cars stop we would all take off yelling sucker or something. One time we challenged one person to stay and act like they were really hurt and see how long they could fake it. I was the chosen one. After the car stopped and the others ran off I rolled around on the ground moaning. This was before cell phones. The dude came over and was trying to assess how bad I was hurt and figure what to do. I jumped up in his face and ran off. Next thing I know the cops are swarming the neighborhood. Fortunately for me I had gone to a buddies house and ended up going to the store with his sister. There were cop cars everywhere and she asked what is going on. I just said I don't know. My buddies were hiding in the shrubs in my front yard.

Then there is the one where you put a pile of peanut butter on someone's front porch and ring the doorbell. This one works best if a women answers. You explain that you think it was your dog and ask for a paper towel to clean it up. When they come back you take a scoop with you finger and stick it in your mouth and say sorry not my dog's. Then run.

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13454810 02/28/20 07:03 PM
Dognot Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Laid in the middle of the road and waited for a car to stop, First one was a friends dad. He was the county Juvenile probation officer. bang

Sometimes what didn't work out for you, did in fact, work out for you.

Haters going to hate and believers are going to believe.

Every man has two lives,The second one starts when he realizes that he has only one.

โ€œHard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.โ€
Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13454837 02/28/20 07:29 PM
C
crankn101 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
The list would go on and on...

We made pretty much every device from the Anarchists Cookbook.

Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13454838 02/28/20 07:30 PM
K
Kentucky Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
K
stories like this is why I tell my daughter that boys are easier to raise , but harder to keep alive

Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: Dognot] #13454841 02/28/20 07:33 PM
C
crankn101 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C

Put a denim jacket on my nephew then sprayed it down with hairspray and lit it on fire . Then he ran around in the streets as cars were driving by.

Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: Zipster] #13454842 02/28/20 07:35 PM
C
crankn101 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Zipster
We had bottle rocket wars inside of a quonset so you couldn't run away.
Use to jump off the local train bridge into the lake. It was about a 40' drop.
BB Gun wars.
Hitch cars - I lived in South Dakota at the time. in winter we would hide at night and wait until a car stopped at a stop sign. We would sneak up and grab hold of the bumper and then "ski" behind the car. 30 miles an hour in a pair of cowboy boots over icy streets is quite thrilling until you hit a dry patch
Black out Boxing - my bedroom was in the basement and we would stuff pillows in the windows to block out the light. then shut the door and start swinging in the pitch black. it was usually over after the first punch landed.
Also in South Dakota- when the lake would freeze over we would hook an old car hood behind someone's truck and pile on. they would pull us behind the truck like we were tubing behind a boat. We discovered that ice isn't always flat nor is it soft.

We dd all these as well. Blow darts were fun as well...

Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13454850 02/28/20 07:41 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
there was a country school with outhouses near where I lived and every Halloween several of us would go turn them over.....

I lived near the Smoky Mountains and bears were plentiful along the highway rest stops because people would feed them...4-5 of us were over there and saw about a half grown cub crawl into one of the garbage cans looking for food.....we had heard of some guys several years before who turned a mule loose in the high school one Halloween and we thought it would be really cool to turn a bear loose....plan was to slam the lid on the garbage can,put him trunk of car and take him back to the high school.....we looked around for mama bear,didn't see her anywhere so we slammed lid down on garbage can and the cub started bawling....Mama bear heard it and she came out of the woods wide open toward us....we narrowly escaped and probably set a world record for 5 boys getting into a 1948 ford at one time....

Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: crankn101] #13454853 02/28/20 07:45 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Originally Posted by crankn101
The list would go on and on...

We made pretty much every device from the Anarchists Cookbook.

An empty glass bottle was filled with firecrackers and lawnmower gasoline.
Didn't realize you were supposed to light the rag and throw it, so the bottle was laid on it's side, and fuse was lit.
Nothing happened until a neighbor saw the bottle with flames at the mouth, and started pouring water on it.
Well, the cold water cracked the heated bottle and that's when the explosion happened.

[Linked Image]
Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13454909 02/28/20 08:46 PM
A
Arkansas10 bass Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
A
wax a fuse into the cap of a 1/2 gal. empty bleach bottle. Turn upside down and fill with Acetylene !
Visit the huge apartment complexes at 3am.
Good times.

Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13454912 02/28/20 08:51 PM
RO519 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
We would got to the back of the driving range and collect ~100 golf balls, we would pour the golf balls out on the green once a 4 some had chipped up and was driving up on their carts. Not dangerous but pretty dang funny.

Fightin' Texas Aggie '14

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13454938 02/28/20 09:38 PM
N
NoWeighers Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
We had a deer lease in Medina county with a 40 acre watermelon patch.. I had a 1963 Chevy II station wagon.. There were lots of signs and mailboxes on 1343..
That's all I'm gonna say about that.

We would take a 1/2" galvanized nipple about 18" long.. And a galvanized cap.. Drill a 1/8th inch hole in the cap and stick the fuse of a black cat out the hole. Screw on cap.. Insert a cat eye marble in pipe.. Would go thru a sheet of tin at twenty yards.

Know why all the train cars that haul cars now have enclosures on them.. I do..

We had forts everywhere, all stocked with dirty magazines we found while bottle hunting the roadsides..

Here's some fun.. In a neighborhood, take some Big Game bout fifty pound test.. Tie two metal trash cans together and stretch tight directly across the street from each other.. Add traffic..

We had a two hour fireworks fight inside the Jocks dorm at St. Mary's university in San Antonio Circa 1976.. If you stepped out in that hallway your [censored] was grass..

We also did all the BB gun, pelet gun, 22, and homemade dynamite stuff you can think of.. We used to make a stick of dynomite, put it under a milk can lid, and see how long we could keep it in the air.. Of course we finally reached maximum density when we turned it into shrapnel.. No farther details can be given..

Me and a buddy had our bike baskets full of Robyns and Cedar Wax Wings and whatever other birds we killed.. Game warden lived two blocks away.. He stoped us going down the street feeding the whole towns cats and said, don't you know them birds are protected? Leroy said.. "They wad'nt nothing protecting these.."

we got a little [censored] chewin..

After my kids were old enough to take hunter safety course.. Went with them to class.. Asked if I could sit in.. GW said sure.. I knew him.

After a bit of class they were discussing deer hunting.. And the warden said . "What's the first thing you after killing a deer?" No hands went up so I raised mine.. He called on me.. I said, "Turn off the spotlight.." Did not go over well and I was asked to exit stage left..

It was great growing up in a small country town.. I could tell stories for hours.. And you guys have some great ones as well..

James Bendele
Falcon Lake Tackle
"On the eighth day, Man invented the Fish Hook."
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide