Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Big Toe Gout [Re: Keystone] #13442270 02/17/20 06:00 PM
O
Oldrabbit Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
O
Keystone, hope your doctors visit gets you some relief. I put us with a swollen big toe for months. Tried the Cherry Juice and several other home remedies and thought they were working. It would come and go with no rhyme or reason and finally went and had my Uric Acid checked at my semiannual physical. No help there so I was sent to a Podiatric Medicine doctor. One X-Ray and it showed a piece of a broken bone spur down in the big toe joint. I limped into the hospital for surgery and walked out almost pain free a few hours later. Best wishes.

Re: Big Toe Gout [Re: Oldrabbit] #13442283 02/17/20 06:11 PM
K
Keystone Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
K
Originally Posted by Oldrabbit
Keystone, hope your doctors visit gets you some relief. I put us with a swollen big toe for months. Tried the Cherry Juice and several other home remedies and thought they were working. It would come and go with no rhyme or reason and finally went and had my Uric Acid checked at my semiannual physical. No help there so I was sent to a Podiatric Medicine doctor. One X-Ray and it showed a piece of a broken bone spur down in the big toe joint. I limped into the hospital for surgery and walked out almost pain free a few hours later. Best wishes.

2 Shots and two Prescriptions..doctor said the shots will take effect in less than one hour..I hope so..Gout is some bad painful stuff..dont wish this on anyone.

Re: Big Toe Gout [Re: Keystone] #13442292 02/17/20 06:18 PM
O
OTFF Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
wow

Ephesians 4:4-6 KJV

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Re: Big Toe Gout [Re: Keystone] #13442315 02/17/20 06:33 PM
V-Bottom Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Keystone

2 Shots and two Prescriptions..doctor said the shots will take effect in less than one hour..I hope so..Gout is some bad painful stuff..dont wish this on anyone.

I remember a doctor telling me years ago that the pain "Is the worst pain God put on this Earth". When I had gout in my right ankle it hurt so bad I wanted someone to just knock my a55 out.. I was put on Colchicine for the pain and Indomethacin for inflammation. A week later I was put on Allopurinol. My wife won't let me eat fried oysters anymore.
The Egyptians said gout was caused by " the rich man's diet". Steak and Wine!! What two prescription meds did he want you to take if I may ask? Get well.....

Texas Anglers Recognition Program
TPWD Official Weigh Station,77563
Coastal Bend Weigh Team, Cert. Weigh Master
USMC66'- www.troutsupport.com

Re: Big Toe Gout [Re: Keystone] #13442323 02/17/20 06:36 PM
Z
Zipster Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Z
I have it and CBD oil relieves the swelling and pain very effectively. Diet is the only thing to prevent it from flaring. if you don't want to take medication.

Re: Big Toe Gout [Re: Keystone] #13442335 02/17/20 06:47 PM
Gungle Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
If you drink spirits, stop.

Re: Big Toe Gout [Re: bigfishtx] #13442343 02/17/20 06:53 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by bigfishtx
Originally Posted by RATZ
drinking alcohol is not good for those with gout, but too many folks aren't willing to stop drinking. I don't have it, but if it caused me that much pain, I'd quit drinking.

Ok, so let me get this straight.

Eating crabs, shrimp and crawfish and drinking beer is not good for my big toes? Guess I better just get a case of that cherry juice!

LOL
yes

Re: Big Toe Gout [Re: Keystone] #13442355 02/17/20 07:02 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Allopurinol works for me.
I had three different bouts, once a year almost the same time of year. Early summer.
I hated the idea that I would have to take a pill daily. I chose the packs whenever I had a flair up. After doing some reading and to prevent a future problem that can happen after several attacks I started using the daily pill and have not had an attack in 3 years.

I don't drink and eat much more chicken than red meat. During the summer I average a gallon a day while at work.
I don't know what triggered it. The only ones in my family that had it was two of my uncles.

Re: Big Toe Gout [Re: Keystone] #13442361 02/17/20 07:09 PM
N
NoWeighers Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
I think I have read everything ever written about gout.. I was a chronic sufferer for years.. Till I totally changed my diet. (which sucks)

Uric acid crystals building up in the joints is the cause of the pain.. Minute and pointed, they build up and poke at your nerves..

Foods high in purines are the primary cause of acid buildup. All the stuff I like, I can't eat..

Venison.. Beef.. All red meats.. Crawfish, oysters, shrimp, all bad.. Bacon bad.. Beer and all alcohols bad..

Deer meat is a killer for me.. Always wondered why every November 15 to Thanksgiving I had a bad attack..

Lots of vegetables are also high in purines..

I have tried the Alopurinol but it tears my stomach a new one..

Indomethacin is a great relatively fast acting cure.. I don't leave home without it..

A big dose of Prednisone or a shot of steroids fixes me pretty fast..

But I have had it for a week before and it will incapacitate you if you have it bad..

I have felt your pain fellows and I won't wish it on anyone..

No attacks in two years without medicine.. But eating ain't what it used to be..

James Bendele
Falcon Lake Tackle
"On the eighth day, Man invented the Fish Hook."
Re: Big Toe Gout [Re: NoWeighers] #13442378 02/17/20 07:32 PM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by NoWeighers
I think I have read everything ever written about gout.. I was a chronic sufferer for years.. Till I totally changed my diet. (which sucks)

Uric acid crystals building up in the joints is the cause of the pain.. Minute and pointed, they build up and poke at your nerves..

Foods high in purines are the primary cause of acid buildup. All the stuff I like, I can't eat..

Venison.. Beef.. All red meats.. Crawfish, oysters, shrimp, all bad.. Bacon bad.. Beer and all alcohols bad..

Deer meat is a killer for me.. Always wondered why every November 15 to Thanksgiving I had a bad attack..

Indomethacin is a great relatively fast acting cure.. I don't leave home without it..

But I have had it for a week before and it will incapacitate you if you have it bad..

No attacks in two years without medicine.. But eating ain't what it used to be..

Bacon too!?!? sheesh.

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: Big Toe Gout [Re: V-Bottom] #13442384 02/17/20 07:37 PM
K
Keystone Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
K
Originally Posted by V-Bottom
Originally Posted by Keystone

I remember a doctor telling me years ago that the pain "Is the worst pain God put on this Earth". When I had gout in my right ankle it hurt so bad I wanted someone to just knock my a55 out.. I was put on Colchicine for the pain and Indomethacin for inflammation. A week later I was put on Allopurinol. My wife won't let me eat fried oysters anymore.
The Egyptians said gout was caused by " the rich man's diet". Steak and Wine!! What two prescription meds did he want you to take if I may ask? Get well.....

Two steroid shots, Prednisone 20mg 14 tablets, Indomethacin 50mg 21 tablets....Steroid shots have taken effect..feels much better..not well but alot better.

Re: Big Toe Gout [Re: Keystone] #13442390 02/17/20 07:44 PM
P
Pintail711 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
Worst thing I’ve ever felt in my entire life. I’ve broken bones that didn’t hurt that bad. Best thing to do is stay hydrated. If you feel it starting to come on, drink as much water as you can.

Re: Big Toe Gout [Re: NoWeighers] #13442400 02/17/20 07:51 PM
U
UGLYSHCTICK Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
Originally Posted by NoWeighers

reminds me of a joke. Doctor tells the guy to cut out drinking , smoking, eating red meat and chasing young women. Guy ask "if I do all this will I live longer?" Doc says, "NO, but it will seem a lot longer"

Just want to make folks smile, and spit coffee on their keyboard.

If you put beans in your chili, you don't know beans about chili.

God doesn't create temporary people, you will spend eternity somewhere. Choose wisely.
Re: Big Toe Gout [Re: Keystone] #13442789 02/18/20 02:42 AM
L
Ledeez Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Quit drinking beer.. 5 1/2 months without a sip. I will have a jack and zero coke almost daily with no harm. Every one has their triggers so find what they are. I can now eat crab legs, beans etc. beer was my trigger. Staying hydrated is also key!

Last edited by Ledeez; 02/18/20 02:43 AM.

Teamgetsome$$$
Re: Big Toe Gout [Re: Ledeez] #13442799 02/18/20 03:02 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Ledeez
Quit drinking beer.. 5 1/2 months without a sip. I will have a jack and zero coke almost daily with no harm. Every one has their triggers so find what they are. I can now eat crab legs, beans etc. beer was my trigger. Staying hydrated is also key!

Live...without...beer? flame

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide