Forums59
Topics1,039,357
Posts13,963,333
Members144,201
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: RMOROTT21] #13419537 01/28/20 11:56 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by RMOROTT21
Do some y’all even fish or just respond to this mlf garbage

I get to fish once a year

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: fouzman] #13419548 01/29/20 12:00 AM
9094 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by fouzman
Which championship purchases have they "skimmed"? If you're talking about purses that went away with the purchase of FLW by BPT. That's how business works, sometime. My company bought another company many years ago. My company has a max of five weeks vacation. The company we bought had a max of 6 weeks vacation. Guess what happened to that sixth week of vacation when we bought the other company. Poof! Gone.

Companies buy other companies all the time and don't carry on business the same way the company that got bought did. It's just a fact of business life. If you don't like it, start your own fishing league.

Let me make this a little easier for you. Original 2020 BPT schedule. 8 events plus Redcrest which paid out $739,000 for a total of 9 events.

New 2020 BPT schedule. 8 events plus Heavy Hitters which pays out $745,000 for a total of 9 events.

Again, BPT added $6,000 in 2020 prize money.

Please explain to me how BPT ran off with tournament purse money when they've increased the payout for 2020?

Four you are in a battle of wits with an unarmed man here. I really wish we knew who this was.
If this was a political debate he would be the liberal for sure. Not interested in facts or figures.

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: Mark Jones] #13419585 01/29/20 12:28 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Here's the good news Big O. Last week at the event on Rayburn the MLF leadership team met with all of the FLW Pro Circuit anglers and provided them complete transparency and insight into the FLW acquisition, as well as, the new changes planned for 2020. They did Q&A with the entire group for almost an hour, as well as, spent extended time with the angler leadership board. Not one single angler left the event or backed out, in fact the vast majority verbally expressed their appreciation for the transparency shown. In addition, the FLW Series anglers are signing up daily and the BFL's are setting 20 year all time records for participation.

What you need to be able to read from the above is that everyone else but you has moved on. The anglers paid their entry fees for 2020 and they're off and firing at em. They couldn't possibly care less about your digital crusade or what happened in the past. They've voted with their registrations and they're voting in large numbers.

END OF STORY

So they all got to sit around and listen to the Boyd Duckett talking points... That’s wonderful, but how do you really think that’s transparency in what they will be doing in future? They weren’t transparent in cancelling the FW cup or the Redcrest. I wonder if anyone asked those MLF leaders why they would honor the Bass Federation partnership and commitment to living the dream after the fact, and not a similar commitment to those who qualified for the FW Cup championship? I would have loved to hear the answer to that one, but I bet it wasn’t asked... everyone was too busy focusing on the bright shiny objects contained in the sales pitch.

Relating to your comment on registrations -The old saying is, there is always a greater fool out there.

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: Big O Florida] #13419599 01/29/20 12:43 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Here's the good news Big O. Last week at the event on Rayburn the MLF leadership team met with all of the FLW Pro Circuit anglers and provided them complete transparency and insight into the FLW acquisition, as well as, the new changes planned for 2020. They did Q&A with the entire group for almost an hour, as well as, spent extended time with the angler leadership board. Not one single angler left the event or backed out, in fact the vast majority verbally expressed their appreciation for the transparency shown. In addition, the FLW Series anglers are signing up daily and the BFL's are setting 20 year all time records for participation.

What you need to be able to read from the above is that everyone else but you has moved on. The anglers paid their entry fees for 2020 and they're off and firing at em. They couldn't possibly care less about your digital crusade or what happened in the past. They've voted with their registrations and they're voting in large numbers.

END OF STORY

So they all got to sit around and listen to the Boyd Duckett talking points... That’s wonderful, but how do you really think that’s transparency in what they will be doing in future? They weren’t transparent in cancelling the FW cup or the Redcrest. I wonder if anyone asked those MLF leaders why they would honor the Bass Federation partnership and commitment to living the dream after the fact, and not a similar commitment to those who qualified for the FW Cup championship? I would have loved to hear the answer to that one, but I bet it wasn’t asked... everyone was too busy focusing on the bright shiny objects contained in the sales pitch.

Relating to your comment on registrations -The old saying is, there is always a greater fool out there.

Now you are just trolling. No one can be that stupid. The Redcrest isn't cancelled. Just moved to another month. You are definitely worth a laugh.

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: Dubee] #13419602 01/29/20 12:45 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Dubee

So when MLF purchased FLW. Did MLF receive all of the money FLW had collected for the cup. Or did the previous regime keep it. And you still can't explain how you think they are scamming the redcrest money. Everyone who qualfies in 2020 will still get to fish it. Just not in the same calender year

What you mean - they are one in the same. Same buildings, people, same org chart, everything. They likely just changed over the accounts payable and receivable to KSE for them to manage.

They have removed the purse that was allotted for the Redcrest championship for one season; 2020. What they do in 2021 is a separate matter all together. In the time frame you speak of there should have been 2 events.. not one. There were people who qualified for the 2020 Redcrest championship and they are out of luck. And before you go back to the talking point of the big hitters... that was announced as a separate in addition to deal, with a separate qualification, and it was not said it would be in leu of the Redcrest. In my eyes... MLF has now shown without question they are the type of organization to take scheduled events and cancel them at will, and then take monies that was allotted for those events and put into the corporate coffers where the primary beneficiary is KSE. The monies that were originally destined for the anglers. At the end of the day, the angers get screwed. My question now is, how much longer before some of them wise up to the purse snatchers agenda and try to recover and recuperate their career. I’ve said it before - enough has changed at MLF that they would not be able to enforce the buyout clause of $25k per year imposed on those anglers who signed 3 year contract.

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: Big O Florida] #13419628 01/29/20 01:03 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D

So when MLF purchased FLW. Did MLF receive all of the money FLW had collected for the cup. Or did the previous regime keep it. And you still can't explain how you think they are scamming the redcrest money. Everyone who qualfies in 2020 will still get to fish it. Just not in the same calender year

What you mean - they are one in the same. Same buildings, people, same org chart, everything. They likely just changed over the accounts payable and receivable to KSE for them to manage.

They have removed the purse that was allotted for the Redcrest championship for one season; 2020. What they do in 2021 is a separate matter all together. In the time frame you speak of there should have been 2 events.. not one. There were people who qualified for the 2020 Redcrest championship and they are out of luck. And before you go back to the talking point of the big hitters... that was announced as a separate in addition to deal, with a separate qualification, and it was not said it would be in leu of the Redcrest. In my eyes... MLF has now shown without question they are the type of organization to take scheduled events and cancel them at will, and then take monies that was allotted for those events and put into the corporate coffers where the primary beneficiary is KSE. The monies that were originally destined for the anglers. At the end of the day, the angers get screwed. My question now is, how much longer before some of them wise up to the purse snatchers agenda and try to recover and recuperate their career. I’ve said it before - enough has changed at MLF that they would not be able to enforce the buyout clause of $25k per year imposed on those anglers who signed 3 year contract.

I guess you are that stupid. BPT started in 2019. Anglers qualified for the 2019 Redcrest. Which went off with no problems. No one has qualified for the next Redcrest because they haven't fished yet. They will fish the 2020 season and the anglers that qualify will fish the championship in the spring of 2021. And as for the cup money. No they aren't one in the same. Jacob owned FLW and collected the membership money, entry money and sponsor money. When MLF bought it, do you think they received that money. I don't think so. So why would they be responsible for paying it out. Now i'm done trying to talk to someone who just repeats the same bs over and over. You ignore facts and it has grown tiresome

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: machoblanco61] #13419636 01/29/20 01:07 AM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Bet they put it a week before the Classic too. I enjoy MLF leadership explain rule changes that trend back towards 5 fish principles as them “evolving“ and willing to listen to the anglers. If they accomplish their mission of taking down BASS will they “evolve” back to 5 fish limits. Feels that way. They liked what they were doing just not who they were doing it for.

I applaud the class that BASS has maintained through out it all. I sure hope that whatever pain the folks over at MLF have from their years with BASS are healed soon. I can’t imagine living with what it took to breed such vengeance.

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: Dubee] #13419649 01/29/20 01:19 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B

I guess you are that stupid. BPT started in 2019. Anglers qualified for the 2019 Redcrest. Which went off with no problems. No one has qualified for the next Redcrest because they haven't fished yet. They will fish the 2020 season and the anglers that qualify will fish the championship in the spring of 2021. And as for the cup money. No they aren't one in the same. Jacob owned FLW and collected the membership money, entry money and sponsor money. When MLF bought it, do you think they received that money. I don't think so. So why would they be responsible for paying it out. Now i'm done trying to talk to someone who just repeats the same bs over and over. You ignore facts and it has grown tiresome

I misspoke about the Redcrest qualifications. I must have confused it in my mind while typing my thoughts with the how the classic works. Regardless, you just answered my point. In 2019 they had a Season, and qualification, and championship tournament which was called Redcrest, now they are going to have the next Championship one in 2021 - what happened to 2020? Perhaps you can explain why a co-owner seemed to be under impression they had no championship to fish for in 2020? it was pointed out in an earlier post by someone else that when Bassmasters changed things up date wise to move from fall to spring they still had a championship each year. How is that not possible with MLF?

The anglers who are fishing under the MLF banner might have been a bit dumb to jump into something with blind faith once... how many more times will they continue to be misled before they’ve had enough?

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: machoblanco61] #13419655 01/29/20 01:25 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
BASS has the Classic the following year.
NFL has the Super Bowl the following year.

They are not skipping a year. They just moved it to the start of the next year.

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: TxBazzn] #13419657 01/29/20 01:27 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by TxBazzn
Bet they put it a week before the Classic too. I enjoy MLF leadership explain rule changes that trend back towards 5 fish principles as them “evolving“ and willing to listen to the anglers. If they accomplish their mission of taking down BASS will they “evolve” back to 5 fish limits. Feels that way. They liked what they were doing just not who they were doing it for.

I applaud the class that BASS has maintained through out it all. I sure hope that whatever pain the folks over at MLF have from their years with BASS are healed soon. I can’t imagine living with what it took to breed such vengeance.

Something tells me you are more correct than not. It may also be arranged to give cover to those anglers in BPT who don’t want to meet sponsorship commitments to the vendors who are attending the classic festival. That’s one thing MLF won’t be able to interfere with regardless of the date they schedule it for.. the Bassmaster classic is an outdoor festival and trade show like no other - the Redcrest, well, they has the birds and bees that hang around the boat ramps to greet the boats and anglers on a job well done. I am betting those lemmings who followed the leader over to MLF are missing that name recognition event. KVD who?

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: Mark Perry] #13419660 01/29/20 01:31 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Yes, read One of previous post from someone else who even listed the years and winners... BASS changed scheduled dates in the past as well BUT they didn’t skip a Bassmaster classic tournament to do so.

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: Big O Florida] #13419665 01/29/20 01:33 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D

I misspoke about the Redcrest qualifications. I must have confused it in my mind while typing my thoughts with the how the classic works. Regardless, you just answered my point. In 2019 they had a Season, and qualification, and championship tournament which was called Redcrest, now they are going to have the next Championship one in 2021 - what happened to 2020? Perhaps you can explain why a co-owner seemed to be under impression they had no championship to fish for in 2020? it was pointed out in an earlier post by someone else that when Bassmasters changed things up date wise to move from fall to spring they still had a championship each year. How is that not possible with MLF?

The anglers who are fishing under the MLF banner might have been a bit dumb to jump into something with blind faith once... how many more times will they continue to be misled before they’ve had enough?

You freaking suckered me back in. First, i remember when the classic moved from late in the year. But i don't remember the details. I don't know how you could move the Redcrest from fall to the following spring without missing a calender year. You have to fish the season to qualfy, so i don't know how that would work. As far as what Ike said. I have pointed it out before to some of the sheep that take his word as gosspil. He is a hell of a marketer. I think he knows MLF controversy gets people to listen to him. That doesn't mean everything he says is true

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: Big O Florida] #13419668 01/29/20 01:36 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by TxBazzn

Something tells me you are more correct than not. It may also be arranged to give cover to those anglers in BPT who don’t want to meet sponsorship commitments to the vendors who are attending the classic festival. That’s one thing MLF won’t be able to interfere with regardless of the date they schedule it for.. the Bassmaster classic is an outdoor festival and trade show like no other - the Redcrest, well, they has the birds and bees that hang around the boat ramps to greet the boats and anglers on a job well done. I am betting those lemmings who followed the leader over to MLF are missing that name recognition event. KVD who?

You keep bringing up guys skipping the classic expo. If you know so much. Who is it. What are they protesting. What does that have to do with BPT

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: Big O Florida] #13419669 01/29/20 01:38 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Yes, read One of previous post from someone else who even listed the years and winners... BASS changed scheduled dates in the past as well BUT they didn’t skip a Bassmaster classic tournament to do so.

They are NOT skipping a Redcrest...they are moving it to the start of the next year.

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: Dubee] #13419670 01/29/20 01:38 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B

You freaking suckered me back in. First, i remember when the classic moved from late in the year. But i don't remember the details. I don't know how you could move the Redcrest from fall to the following spring without missing a calender year. You have to fish the season to qualfy, so i don't know how that would work. As far as what Ike said. I have pointed it out before to some of the sheep that take his word as gosspil. He is a hell of a marketer. I think he knows MLF controversy gets people to listen to him. That doesn't mean everything he says is true

Look at page 2 in this thread. See post Post13419205 that has history and winners.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide