Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Vegan's [Re: Frenzy] #13417739 01/27/20 04:37 PM
Brian Spagnola Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Frenzy
I read an article today where a Vegan claimed turning vegan cured him of alcoholism. They sure are a wacky bunch.

That's FOR SURE not how any of this works. You can't cure alcoholism fist of all. LOL

Re: Vegan's [Re: Gusick] #13417745 01/27/20 04:45 PM
F
fishslime Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by Gusick
Never met a vegan that wasn't a brilliant, courageous healthy and morally upstanding person.

Healthy is key. No doubt it is healthier than what us meat eaters consume. I like my vegetables and sometimes think I could be a vegan. Then I see the piece of meat on the rest of the plate and there goes that moment of sensibility out the window.

Re: Vegan's [Re: Jpurdue] #13417752 01/27/20 04:50 PM
S
Samsonsworld Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
I can understand vegetarian. I cannot understand vegan. Bunch of wackos.

Re: Vegan's [Re: fishslime] #13417755 01/27/20 04:50 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by fishslime
Never met a vegan that wasn't a brilliant, courageous healthy and morally upstanding person.

Healthy is key. No doubt it is healthier than what us meat eaters consume. I like my vegetables and sometimes think I could be a vegan. Then I see the piece of meat on the rest of the plate and there goes that moment of sensibility out the window.

man is designed to eat meat. it it guilt free. vegan isn't necessarily any healthier. you should see the list of ingredients in vegan butter or vegan mayonnaise.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Vegan's [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13417760 01/27/20 04:54 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

man is designed to eat meat. it it guilt free. vegan isn't necessarily any healthier. you should see the list of ingredients in vegan butter or vegan mayonnaise.

It’s the holier than thou syndrome-
I’m not surprised these two admire these whacko’s-

Last edited by steveiam; 01/27/20 04:56 PM.

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Vegan's [Re: Gusick] #13417761 01/27/20 04:54 PM
C
COFF Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

I got a coworker you should meet. he is none of those.

Have you asked him?

Gusick, you need the :sarcasm: font.

Re: Vegan's [Re: Jpurdue] #13417769 01/27/20 04:58 PM
K
Kattelyn Offline
Little Psycho Coffee
Little Psycho Coffee
K
Our entire culture is centered around food. A shared meal with friends and family is a treasured thing. And the further back you go in our society, the more true that is. You would never not offer a guest something to eat. You wouldn't go visit somebody's house without a little something as a gift, and this tradition goes all the way back into native american cultures and european pagan cultures before christianity. It's who we are.

Vegans, and especially militant vegans, say that "Your food isn't good enough for me" and make moral judgements about how good a person is because of what they eat. That moral judgement is what gets under our skin. To refuse the laws of hospitality and then to make moral judgements about what I choose to put into my body is none of your dang business.

Re: Vegan's [Re: Jpurdue] #13417812 01/27/20 05:28 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
I will say the average american diet is terrible. We probably all eat too much meat as a general statement. That said, completely excluding it and somehow thinking it's the healthiest possible option and that your hands are clean is just a delusion. We all have blood on our hands. It's the nature of the world we live in. An omnivore diet, heavy in plant material with moderate amounts of meat is the optimal diet for most humans. If you can get free range, grass feed, or wild caught, generally speaking all the better. The folks I have the most respect for are the ones who get the majority of their meat through hunting. It's not practical for everyone, but for those who can do it, hats off.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Vegan's [Re: Jpurdue] #13417829 01/27/20 05:42 PM
F
Frenzy Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
I will say the average american diet is terrible. We probably all eat too much meat as a general statement. That said, completely excluding it and somehow thinking it's the healthiest possible option and that your hands are clean is just a delusion. We all have blood on our hands. It's the nature of the world we live in. An omnivore diet, heavy in plant material with moderate amounts of meat is the optimal diet for most humans. If you can get free range, grass feed, or wild caught, generally speaking all the better. The folks I have the most respect for are the ones who get the majority of their meat through hunting. It's not practical for everyone, but for those who can do it, hats off.

I'd rather be Vegan than eat that junk.
bolt

Re: Vegan's [Re: Jpurdue] #13417834 01/27/20 05:48 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Let be be on record as one who does not care what another grown human decides to eat-
I get testy when someone else degrades another grown up that they aren’t responsible for-

Re: Vegan's [Re: steveiam] #13417936 01/27/20 07:06 PM
S
Samsonsworld Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by steveiam
Let be be on record as one who does not care what another grown human decides to eat-
I get testy when someone else degrades another grown up that they aren’t responsible for-

What if they eat boogers? Is that vegan???

Re: Vegan's [Re: Frenzy] #13417940 01/27/20 07:12 PM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Frenzy
Originally Posted by Jpurdue

I'd rather be Vegan than eat that junk.
bolt

Meat (flesh) drives up your uric acid which puts one at risk over time for gout. This sounds severe but about 8 Oz of meat a day is about right. No diff between beef, pork, fish, fowl, venison etc. this leaves me at a disadvantage take when fried crappie is on the menu.

Whoever said grown adult was spot on. Do what you want but leaves kids out of it.

Re: Vegan's [Re: Jpurdue] #13418171 01/27/20 10:54 PM
H2O Seeker Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler

MODERATION - Moderation - moderation - moderation

Too much of anything is not good for you. Follow the science (objective) and outcomes based research. Carbs - Fats - Proteins - our systems and organs rely on all 3 to function. Being disciplined in our fast food, instant gratification, and lifestyles of the convenient and not so famous can be challenging and have led to many of the health issues of today.

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: Vegan's [Re: Jpurdue] #13418178 01/27/20 11:02 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Even Jack Lelane died-
(You youngsters may have to google him)
All that healthy eating didn’t save him-
If you want to eat healthy-DO IT!
If you don’t-DONT
Yes he could have probably kicked my but at 90, but hey, I enjoyed my sweets-
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by steveiam; 01/27/20 11:08 PM.

Re: Vegan's [Re: fishslime] #13418210 01/27/20 11:33 PM
Der Vorsteher Online Shocked
TFF Guru
Online Shocked
TFF Guru

Your body needs one essential protein that can only be found in red meat. I buy grass fed beef only or we eat venison. There is a misconception that vegans are healthy. Maybe compared to people who eat processed foods and the like but they are missing essential proteins.

Team Wolfs
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide